Motherwell v St Johnstone November 30th 3pm.

Cagey

37 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I couldn't think of any positives leaving Fir Park yesterday. 

I'm also going to call out the fu%%ing morons who were berating Zander at every opportunity. There were four in particular who when challenged by other Saints fans started on them also including some women. Sad when the head steward has to come in to the stand and censure our own fans. I get it -  we pay our money and entitled to our opinions etc. etc. but the laddie is great keeper and short on confidence and needs all the support he can get. If you can't come out and encourage the players in Perth blue jerseys stay fu%%ing home!

You mean that bell end with the bunnet.never seen him before.the ladies stood there ground,well done.

Neep  heid was well out of order .he got some abuse from the back of the stand as well.arsehole

Edited by slf

15 minutes ago, slf said:

You mean that bell end with the bunnet.never seen him before.the ladies stood there ground,well done.

Neep  heid was well out of order .he got some abuse from the back of the stand as well.arsehole

Cheers slf. Never seen them before either - they can f%ck off. I was bealing

43 minutes ago, tucker said:

Said it all season not good enough most of the time,to frightened to put the tackle in,either 3 out of ten or seven most of the time 3 

Whole defence piss, thou, time to give booth a chance

Problem is that when we are getting beat 4 - 0 it really shows other teams in the league our hand when they are doing their research. They know exactly how to play against us. Time to shake things up a little at the back.

7 hours ago, Rob said:

Problem is that when we are getting beat 4 - 0 it really shows other teams in the league our hand when they are doing their research. They know exactly how to play against us. Time to shake things up a little at the back.

3 at the back when Gordon comes back

Clark

Kerr  Gordon  Duffy

Ralston                       Tanser

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Clark

Kerr  Gordon  Duffy

Lots of guys saying that Ralston & Tanser are better attackers than defenders so that might be the best bet, but I think it has to be a system that is worked on in training.

9 minutes ago, Linky said:

Tanser is a left winger. When Kennedy leaves on a pre-contract, I’d move him up to the left wing and get a new left back. 

3 at the back isn’t a bad idea, but we’re low on central defenders as it is. We’d need 2 more to play that formation.

Tanser a winger? I like my winger’s to at least have the ability to take a man on. No thanks on that one. 

36 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Tanser a winger? I like my winger’s to at least have the ability to take a man on. No thanks on that one. 

I can't understand the constant critisism of Tanser. When he goes forward he is very comfortable on the ball and takes men on no problem; he also can take a brilliant free kick.

Like everyone else on the team just now he is short on confidence that's all.

5 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Clark

Kerr  Gordon  Duffy

If we go three at the back, my team would be:

Clark

Kerr             Gordon             Duffy/New signing

Drey Wright                                                                           Tanser

Davidson           McCann

Kennedy

May               Hendry

I worry we don't have good enough centre defenders to do that right now but something needs to change so worth giving it a go. Dre Wright could be a great wing back option and Kennedy needs to play as he is our main creative outlet.

Waited until today to post because I was angry  with some of our so called supporters on Saturday! Wanted to make sure I was a bit more rational. 
I don’t adhere to ‘I’ve paid my money I can shout what I like’ 

Zander was receiving pelters to the point where he turned round to the Saints fans to show his displeasure! 
Honest to goodness what are some folk ‘on’! Do you think that’s going to help a team so obviously low on confidence! It made me feel uncomfortable so can only assume players must feel the same..

Am I happy with the way things are going?  no I am not, but we are called supporters for a reason! 
If I’d felt as bad as the person who was doing the shouting .. you know something I just wouldn’t come back simple! 
We’ve had a good run for ten years so 10 week 10 month slump.. suck it up! Relegation well why not us .. not too good to be relegated.. 

In general I think we have a loyal wee bunch of fans .. just a shame there are a few ‘nougats’

Tommy has lost the dressing room. His tactics have been shocking. I said it from the start of the season the game against hibs we’d be in a relegation battle. 

the defence is inexperienced and he still leaves experienced players on the bench too many players not playing and that have left he should be held accountable. 

5 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Clark

Kerr  Gordon  Duffy

Three at the back will not make the slightest bit of difference.Even 5 at the back will not change anything. The problem is the players (they are not good enough) not the formation. They do not tackle, challenge for the ball in the air or  close down players. With 3 at the back you will then have the  opposition players out jumping 3 of our defenders instead of 2.

Need to bring in at least 1 centre back preferably 2. Which means balancing the team up by releasing 2 of our 5 wide players. At this moment in time the 2 who are playing are Swanson and MOH.

54 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

Waited until today to post because I was angry  with some of our so called supporters on Saturday! Wanted to make sure I was a bit more rational. 
I don’t adhere to ‘I’ve paid my money I can shout what I like’ 

Zander was receiving pelters to the point where he turned round to the Saints fans to show his displeasure! 
Honest to goodness what are some folk ‘on’! Do you think that’s going to help a team so obviously low on confidence! It made me feel uncomfortable so can only assume players must feel the same..

Am I happy with the way things are going?  no I am not, but we are called supporters for a reason! 
If I’d felt as bad as the person who was doing the shouting .. you know something I just wouldn’t come back simple! 
We’ve had a good run for ten years so 10 week 10 month slump.. suck it up! Relegation well why not us .. not too good to be relegated.. 

In general I think we have a loyal wee bunch of fans .. just a shame there are a few ‘nougats’

Well said WS; back pedal a couple of pages to see slf and I weigh in on the same issue; I was disgusted with a small number of d*** heads who let us down.

26 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Three at the back will not make the slightest bit of difference.Even 5 at the back will not change anything. The problem is the players (they are not good enough) not the formation. They do not tackle, challenge for the ball in the air or  close down players. With 3 at the back you will then have the  opposition players out jumping 3 of our defenders instead of 2.

Need to bring in at least 1 centre back preferably 2. Which means balancing the team up by releasing 2 of our 5 wide players. At this moment in time the 2 who are playing are Swanson and MOH.

I disagree with not winning anything in the air - defensively we won nearly everything in the air in the first half outside of the box but went to absolute pieces inside it. Tanser won every single aerial battle outside of the box with Cole in the first half it was incredible how he folded for the goal.

Tommy is also wrong, we did win a header in our box - it set up the corner which they scored that awful third goal from.

19 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

That is true. We don't have a defender that can head a ball or at very least block runs at corners All basic stuff for a defender.

Duffy & Kerr are soft as sh** but they are not helped out by midfielder that can't tackle & fullbacks that can't cut out crosses.

7 feckin fouls on Saturday from a team battling for their life's.

29 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I have been suggesting 3 at the back for a while now, because of the fact that the players aren't good enough.  An extra central defender to act as another pair of eyes to try and anticipate things a bit more couldn't hurt.  I would suggest that we need to get back to a position of being hard to beat, first and foremost, and then take the confidence that a couple of clean sheets give to push on.

No idea why Tommy signed Vihman on loan when he hasn't had a look in since the start of the season.  Why not add him to a shaky looking defence, as he has, at least, had some experience of both domestic and national football, so could surely provide a bit of experience to the other 2.  This would let the left and right wing backs either push on or sit and make it a hard back 5 to break down, giving a platform then for the rest of the team to try and be a bit creative.

I agree that we need at 2 centre backs.  Kerr needs to be taken out of the team for his own good, as this season is killing his confidence.  He needs to be taken out of the spotlight.  Duffy is not good enough as a centre half, and Gordon hasn't shown himself to be any better, when he was in the team.  We need to let Callaghan, Swanson, McMillan and Vihman go and use the wages to get in 2 experienced centre halves.

9 minutes ago, Saint Paul said:

No idea why Tommy signed Vihman on loan when he hasn't had a look in since the start of the season.  Why not add him to a shaky looking defence, as he has, at least, had some experience of both domestic and national football, so could surely provide a bit of experience to the other 2.  This would let the left and right wing backs either push on or sit and make it a hard back 5 to break down, giving a platform then for the rest of the team to try and be a bit creative.

He may have experience but is he any good and can he speak much English?

Couldnt even bring myself to watch the highlights. Bit random but I would play O Halloran slightly behind May instead of 2 up front. I think we play too wide and when he plays he often cuts in and takes the ball a bit more direct. No point in  playing really wide and firing in crosses when we have no aeriel options. Keep the ball moving quickly on the ground and get that first goal. 

Its much easier to play when you are in the lead rather than trailing all the time.

Edited by Rob