Motherwell v St Johnstone November 30th 3pm.

Cagey

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

They will be effective this weekend as we aren't appealing.

I think this could be a blessing in disguise. Obviously it means that Murray is missing which isn’t great, but training should be intense and competitive this week with a starting 11 place up for grabs and a place on the bench created.

Sunday was a season turning point for me... 2-1 saints on Saturday

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

3 hours ago, saintcraigieboy said:

Until we get the defence sorted out, not confident about any game as our midfield is hesitant going forward as worried about behind them.

We could easily lose 3 or 4 goals here which is my worry.

We have two coaches who used to be defenders. Maybe that's the problem. Why has Kerr who was good & reliable enough to be maybe captain turned into a bomb scare.

Has Clark & Kerr had their natural ability coached out of them ?.

3 hours ago, saintcraigieboy said:

Until we get the defence sorted out, not confident about any game as our midfield is hesitant going forward as worried about behind them.

We could easily lose 3 or 4 goals here which is my worry.

We defend from the front, the midfield have allowed runners to score all season , although the back four have been poor at times, it’s not all their fault 

On 11/26/2019 at 7:17 PM, Cagey said:

hopefully you saw what happened on Saturday when you put 2 men up front...

Interesting to read our results if you only count them from when we go two up front (as in two of Kane/Hendry/May) compared to just a lone striker...

Lone Striker

St Johnstone 1-2 Livingston (75 mins)

St Johnstone 2-2 Hibernian (85 mins)

St Johnstone 0-1 Kilmarnock (67 mins)

St Johnstone 1-1 Aberdeen (90 mins)

St Johnstone 0-2 Rangers (84 mins)

St Johnstone 0-1 Motherwell (75 mins)

St Johnstone 2-2 Ross County (71 mins)

St Johnstone 0-1 St Mirren (59 mins)

St Johnstone 2-2 Hamilton (85 mins)

St Johnstone 1-0 Hearts (67 mins)

St Johnstone 0-2 Hibernian (45 mins)

St Johnstone 0-1 Aberdeen (59 mins)

Totals: Goals: - Conceded: 17 - Pts: 7 - Minutes: 862 - Minutes per goal: 98 - Conceded minutes per goal: 50 - PPG: 0.6

Two Strikers

St Johnstone 1-0 Livingston (15 mins)

St Johnstone 0-0 Hibernian (5 mins)

St Johnstone 0-0 Kilmarnock (23 mins)

St Johnstone 0-2 Rangers (6 mins)

St Johnstone 0-0 Motherwell (15 mins)

St Johnstone 0-0 Ross County (19 mins)

St Johnstone 0-1 St Mirren (31 mins)

St Johnstone 1-0 Hamilton (5 mins)

St Johnstone 0-0 Hearts (23 mins)

St Johnstone 1-2 Hibernian (45 mins)

St Johnstone 1-0 Aberdeen (15 mins)

Totals: Goals: - Conceded: 5 - Pts: 9 - Minutes: 202 - Minutes per goal: 51 - Conceded minutes per goal: 40 - PPG: 0.8

Edited by RandomGuy

I would imagine if it's not injury wise, he's probably wanting Danny off the wage bill, he's done very little since returning,need defensive reinforcements now,I'd let Swanson,booth Callahan leave and bring in a better right and left back,and yes an experienced centre half.

20 minutes ago, tucker said:

I would imagine if it's not injury wise, he's probably wanting Danny off the wage bill, he's done very little since returning,need defensive reinforcements now,I'd let Swanson,booth Callahan leave and bring in a better right and left back,and yes an experienced centre half.

Who replaces Muzz ?. Craig has not had much game time  Callahan has had no game time.

5 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Are you able to just pay at the gate for this one? I notice tickets are on sale from Saints.

You can purchase your tickets for tomorrow's match online HERE.

There will be cash gates in operations at Fir Park tomorrow afternoon and Saints supporters will be accommodated in the South Stand.

All the ticket information is available to view HERE.

The McDiarmid Park Supporters' Bus has a limited number of seats remaining for this match.

Seats on the bus cost £10 for adults, £8 for U16/Over 65s. Call 01738 459090 to book.

On 11/28/2019 at 6:29 PM, sixties saintee said:

Where is Danny not seen sight nor sound of him since Ross game where he was Mom.

19 hours ago, Cagey said:

Think he played in st Mirren game the week after & was poor but I don't think he was played in the same position as he did at County.

Yes he played against St Mirren the next week, and also played in the same central role. Was playing really well until we conceded, and was then barely involved. Don't even remember if played the second half? Only attacker who showed up in that half was Kennedy, the rest hid.

Imagine he's out the team for the same reason O'Halloran has been dropped for Wright, because he's not as good defensively as the alternatives (Negative Tommy OOT!) and we're desperately trying to find a team thats both solid defensively and dangerous attacking.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Yes he played against St Mirren the next week, and also played in the same central role. Was playing really well until we conceded, and was then barely involved. Don't even remember if played the second half? Only attacker who showed up in that half was Kennedy, the rest hid.

Imagine he's out the team for the same reason O'Halloran has been dropped for Wright, because he's not as good defensively as the alternatives (Negative Tommy OOT!) and we're desperately trying to find a team thats both solid defensively and dangerous attacking.

We are still losing 2 goals a game Do not see the wide players as the problem. Wotherspoon and MOH are better defenders than Kennedy and Wright.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Cheers Random.

37 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

We are still losing 2 goals a game Do not see the wide players as the problem. Wotherspoon and MOH are better defenders than Kennedy and Wright.

Wotherspoon over Kennedy I’ll give you, but no chance O’Halloran is better than Wright. As for the wide players being the problem, we’re losing so many balls from crosses into the box and not stopping at the source that I’d be inclined to disagree. The wide men have to take some responsibility for that as well as the fullbacks.