The next five...

RandomGuy

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

4/6 so far, with 9 to play for. Hamilton up next.

St Mirren play Celtic and Hearts play Hibs. Still convinced County are involved too.

We no longer have the single worst GD in the league.

Screenshot_20191221-172209_Chrome.jpg.05057480efb77b827a197c9af05997e2.jpg

Our goal difference is masked just now.  Probably add on another negative 5-8 on that for our games in hand. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

It is what it is, would you be shocked to see us go to Ibrox in March and scab a 0-0? You cant look too far ahead just now.

Yes, totally shocked.  Ive stopped looking at goal difference this season.  Just need em points.  I doubt many, if any, teams will be worse goal difference than us.  Its highly unlikely to improve.   Slightly nervous of our next 2 fixtures... I'm not looking up the table yet, 100% looking below and we are 1 point ahead of playoff.

Edited by Dave H

10 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Yes, totally shocked.  Ive stopped looking at goal difference this season.  Just need em points.  I doubt many, if any, teams will be worse goal difference than us.  Its highly unlikely to improve.  

We've conceded 9 goals in the 8 games Liam Gordon has played, and that includes four against Rangers where two were in the final minute as completely lost the head. 

We've kept three consecutive clean sheets for the first time in 2019, and only the second time in 3 years.

Our GD should improve regardless of what happens against the Old Firm. County just shipped four goals to Livingston. 

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

We've conceded 9 goals in the 8 games Liam Gordon has played, and that includes four against Rangers where two were in the final minute as completely lost the head. 

We've kept three consecutive clean sheets for the first time in 2019, and only the second time in 3 years.

Our GD should improve regardless of what happens against the Old Firm. County just shipped four goals to Livingston. 

We will not have a GD better than -19 at the end of the season for goodness sake. -30 would be a good outcome. If you mean others might be even worse, then possibly. 

6 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

We will not have a GD better than -19 at the end of the season for goodness sake. -30 would be a good outcome. If you mean others might be even worse, then possibly. 

Aye, I've written that down wrong entirely. I dont think we'll have the worst GD by the seasons end, and nowhere near as bad as it was a few games ago in relation to the amount of games we've played.

FWIW Hamilton finished 10th with a -47 GD last year.

We've also scored just one less goal as we had by this stage in 14/15, yet are 10 points worse off. A solid defence is a massive thing in this league, wont be pretty but we could see plenty more games like yesterday as we try and shitfest our way to safety.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Screenshot_20191226-165603_Chrome.jpg.29905f8758e1ddd62ed534f324de9bfa.jpg

Can start to think about those above us, rather than below, now.

A loss against County could put us right back in the mixed though, believe we're 11th in the "Home" table this season.

Looking up?  Steady on, I'll have a glance into top 6 and think it's not that far away, but I really enjoy the gap to bottom :) that bottom spot was ours on a full time basis for 4 months LAUGH OUT LOUD   We just need to remain difficult to beat, and hope we take a chance that comes our way.   Winning against teans around us is crucial for survival. 

8 hours ago, Dave H said:

Looking up?  Steady on, I'll have a glance into top 6 and think it's not that far away, but I really enjoy the gap to bottom :) that bottom spot was ours on a full time basis for 4 months LAUGH OUT LOUD   We just need to remain difficult to beat, and hope we take a chance that comes our way.   Winning against teans around us is crucial for survival. 

Quite right, easy to get carried away though.

We've had an easy run of fixtures, relatively, so key will be keeping it going once we hit a run of fixtures against top half sides. No team in recent history has gone down with a point per game average though.

2 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

No longer have the worst goal difference. That Ross County defence is imploding.

We still have 4 games against the OF or 6 if by a miracle we made top 6 so wouldn't get too excited about goal difference.

I am sure most of those around us have played at least 1 OF game more than us.

31 minutes ago, Cagey said:

We still have 4 games against the OF or 6 if by a miracle we made top 6 so wouldn't get too excited about goal difference.

Those 2 games in hand, add those 6 points on our tally.  Forget goal difference 2 wins from the games in hand and we're smokin!  ;)  old firm will rest players v us.

Frustrating played OF once and -11 goal difference, we could be a lot neater otherwise.

Edited by Dave H

45 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Ross County - 3 (Celtic - 2, Rangers - 1)

St Johnstone - 2 (Celtic - 1, Rangers - 1)

St Mirren - 3 (Celtic - 2, Rangers - 1)

Hamilton - 4 (Celtic - 2, Rangers - 2)

Hearts - 4 (Celtic - 2, Rangers - 2)

1 minute ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Great Result yesterday. But if you look at our haul 12 of the 19 points have come from Hamilton and Hearts. We really need to start taking points from the teams above us to get to safety. Ross County will be a bigger test and a better indication of where we really are. 

Our record against teams whose name begins with H is really quite impressive.  4 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss - GD +1.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Ross County - 3 (Celtic - 2, Rangers - 1)

St Johnstone - 2 (Celtic - 1, Rangers - 1)

St Mirren - 3 (Celtic - 2, Rangers - 1)

Hamilton - 4 (Celtic - 2, Rangers - 2)

Hearts - 4 (Celtic - 2, Rangers - 2)

Ta Random I knew I could rely on you. Confirms my thoughts & worries.