Hearts V St.Johnstone - Saturday 14th December

SaintJet

Excellent result and performance. Boys grafted well and worked for one another - wasn't pretty at times and when Mikey and Matty missed sitters I really thought we'd get punished. Hendry took his goal brilliantly and you could see what it meant to the whole team and Tommy at the end.

Hearts were ok but no great shakes - trying to bully their way into the game (Berra with the body check/sly wee tug every time) or else rolling about like they'd been shot - Walker and Clare the biggest culprits. And with a keeper that's just a car crash waiting to happen its easy to see why they're in trouble.

15 minutes ago, dunblanemike said:

I have not seen these last two Clean sheets, has Liam Gordon made a big difference or were the opposition powder puff attack?

Gordon clearly makes some form of difference. 

Without Gordon - Games: 13 - Conceded: 30 - Average per game: 2.3 - Clean sheets: 2 (Hearts/Brechin)

With Gordon - Games: 7 - Conceded: 9 - Average per game: 1.3 - Clean Sheets: 2 (Kilmarnock/Hearts)

On paper, he saves us a goal a game.

Brilliant assured performance. Kerr looks like a new player playing beside Gordon- won every thing between them.

The fight in the team today was immense. Tactics were spot on and I was sure we would win if we scored- they were nervous as rapists in the second half.

Shout out to the fans who traveled today. Really got behind the guys and Zander got a huge welcome from the fans at the start of the game and responded in kind. I reference this purely because of the "dickhead four" who abused him at Fir Park.

Celebrating with your fellow fans and the team at full time after winning is the greatest feeling.

Well done guys.

13 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Brilliant assured performance. Kerr looks like a new player playing beside Gordon- won every thing between them.

The fight in the team today was immense. Tactics were spot on and I was sure we would win if we scored- they were nervous as rapists in the second half.

Shout out to the fans who traveled today. Really got behind the guys and Zander got a huge welcome from the fans at the start of the game and responded in kind. I reference this purely because of the "dickhead four" who abused him at Fir Park.

Celebrating with your fellow fans and the team at full time after winning is the greatest feeling.

Well done guys.

Superb let's savour and enjoy this before moving onto next week which is major

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Gordon clearly makes some form of difference. 

Without Gordon - Games: 13 - Conceded: 30 - Average per game: 2.3 - Clean sheets: 2 (Hearts/Brechin)

With Gordon - Games: 7 - Conceded: 9 - Average per game: 1.3 - Clean Sheets: 2 (Kilmarnock/Hearts)

On paper, he saves us a goal a game.

Booth’s stats make him a world beater.

12 minutes ago, andrew said:

Booth’s stats make him a world beater.

Whilst Hendry is the most clinical striker in Europe :D

Think the figures with Gordon just back up what you see on the pitch though, everything is more organised and Kerr knows whether to go for the ball or to drop back aswell.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:34 PM, Dave H said:

Take another draw.  Should hopefully deal with their route one hoofball.  Will we take any of our chances that come?  That's the question..   

Hearts are fragile, worse than us.   Dont believe in this bounce from new management that gets banded around.  I bet its less than 30% for new managers getting a win.  Hearts are pish.  The highlights I've seen of them at home, every away team has given them a good game in Edinburgh, a few unlucky not to take more points.

Love to see their fans turn on hem but thinking 2 teams scared to lose. Draw all over it.

Wasnae too far wrong earlier in week..   Love it! 3 points.  What I like most is another tight defensive performance.  You build a team from being tough, solid, no mistakes in the defensive unit, incl goalie.   

Another game and we are steadily making ourselves difficult to beat.   So glad we took a chance today.  More hardwork this week needed for a harder test next week v StMirren, who've beaten us already so stick in and get revenge big style!

Braw, few bevvies tonight!

1 hour ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Boy kerr was back to his best today won everything,  no outstanding individuals but that was a top notch team performance.

I think Kerr is abetter player with Gordon alongside. Gordon is more vocal & more of an organiser than Kerr who has suffered from the weight of being captain.