St.Johnstone V St.MIrren - Saturday 21st December

SaintJet

Does BeatonĀ  come from Paisley ?.

That was a terrible display of refereeing.

I know a lot of rules changed in the summer but I am sure a high boot is still a foul & blocking a free kick is a booking.

As for throw ins !.

Hendry was off the field after treatment but wasn't allowed back on for a while yet the St Mirren guy was allowed back on straight away.

Refs can effect the game by all those small things without making it obvious he is biased.

Edited by Cagey

26 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Does BeatonĀ  come from Paisley ?.

That was a terrible display of refereeing.

I know a lot of rules changed in the summer but I am sure a high boot is still a foul & blocking a free kick is a booking.

As for throw ins !.

Hendry was off the field after treatment but wasn't allowed back on for a while yet the St Mirren guy was allowed back on straight away.

Refs can effect the game by all those small things without making it obvious he is biased.

Cagey On the high boot in the first half I take it the linesman gave it In the second half Hendry i thought put his head down.

In Hendry getting on he was right as you cant enter the field of play from the side where the ball is.

Throw ins were pathetic but is seems to be a way of things as exactly the same at last Sundays tv match and last nights,. throw ins were taken tens of yards form where they were given.

15 hours ago, slf said:

Hope the person that got stretchered out the east stand is alright .

It's my daughter that left on a stretcher, thanks for the good wishes. She's in Ninewells getting treatment just now, we're hoping to have her home for Christmas. Thank you to the staff who helped her yesterday.Ā 

16 minutes ago, supersaintee said:

It's my daughter that left on a stretcher, thanks for the good wishes. She's in Ninewells getting treatment just now, we're hoping to have her home for Christmas. Thank you to the staff who helped her yesterday.Ā 

Good news. A few St Mirren fans on P&B were concerned. Hopefully Random can pass on news.

1 hour ago, supersaintee said:

Hope all is well and your daughter gets home for Christmas.

Christmas league table, a gap has opened leading to the bottom 4 in a dog fight.Ā  Given we've been bottom nearly every week of the season, to sit 4 points above the drop place is good progress,Ā  its been hard watching till now and is only going to get harder with the anxiety and stress soon to kick in early 2020.Ā Ā 

20191223_104321.jpg

3 hours ago, Dave H said:

Christmas league table, a gap has opened leading to the bottom 4 in a dog fight.Ā  Given we've been bottom nearly every week of the season, to sit 4 points above the drop place is good progress,Ā  its been hard watching till now and is only going to get harder with the anxiety and stress soon to kick in early 2020.Ā Ā 

20191223_104321.jpg

You can't rule County out, we could be above them in 6 days..

Just now, The Kinross Saint said:

I don't think you can rule out anyone from Aberdeen downwards at this point. Things can change very quickly. Likewise, this might be seen as madness, but it would only take a couple of good results for us to suddenly be looking like contenders for a Top 6 place.

19 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

If you're into the xG stuff, and it's not accurate 100%, then County are the second worst side in the league. Hamilton worse, and Hearts only slightly better (it has us 8th, narrowly above St Mirren).

16 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I don't think you can rule out anyone from Aberdeen downwards at this point. Things can change very quickly. Likewise, this might be seen as madness, but it would only take a couple of good results for us to suddenly be looking like contenders for a Top 6 place.

Thats what Killie and Hibs did, few decent results and they shot up the table, now they are inconsistent again.Ā 

23 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm not seeing much in our side at the moment though that would suggest we are capable of putting a decent run of results together.

On the game itself, I though Gordon was the only one with pass marks.

We are far too slow getting the ball forward. The one time we stepped up the tempo, we created the MOH chance.

Tommy clearly set up not to concede and hope to take a chance or two at the other end, which is fair enough, but I think we need to be winning these games. Draws in the next couple if games playing this way would not be good enough. We need to be winning games vs StMirren and the likes as we need to get a bit of distance from them given our inconsistency.Ā 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

If you're into the xG stuff, and it's not accurate 100%, then County are the second worst side in the league. Hamilton worse, and Hearts only slightly better (it has us 8th, narrowly above St Mirren).

I can believe that, when we played them in the league cup we dominated and should have been well ahead at half time, we also should have won in Dingwall and would have if we had taken our chances (penalties, Kane, etc...)

I think Ross Country are on a bad run, just when we starting to pick up points here and there.

It was like the Kille game once again on Saturday. Only decent passage of play was a one-two between Hendry & Oā€™Halloran. Everything goes far too wide and we donā€™t know where to go from there. Wotherspoon made a few decent passes when he came on, but for the most part neither team could string together 2 passes in a row. It looked like a League 1 game rather than the SPL.

Again, just like the Killie game, they were slightly the better team, but thankfully this time they didnā€™t get a lucky goal. At least we got another clean sheet, but the attacking play was woeful.

2 hours ago, south inch said:

In passing, I see we were back in our usual Sportscene positionĀ - last.Ā  Heard a discussion on Sportsound last week, I think it was about Kilmarnock sacking their manager, and this spot was actually referred to as "the St Johnstone spot"

2 and lastĀ , hibs game after us.