Hamilton V St.Johnstone - Boxing day

SaintJet

12 minutes ago, rinky dink said:

Not the greatest game but 3 big points. 

Stevie May still a shadow of his former self, O'Halloran didn't have his best day either and the first half was pretty grim but that was not anything like the smash and grab result Brian Rice is claiming it was. 

Hendry made a big difference and Saints, despite being mostly unable to win a header all afternoon were the better side second half and worth the win.

Don't think Zander actually made a save today...... 

Agreed about the game. It was dreadful to watch. Two poor teams. First half I thought Hamilton were more purposeful than us but they didn’t create anything. Second half was more even but the Hendry substitution changed the game. Whilst I’d also disagree with the smash and grab I can see why he said that. Accies tried to play into space and get the ball wide whereas we mostly hit it upfield, usually aimlessly. I didn’t like the way the first half was developing. I’m very happy we got the points and are moving up the table. Let’s not kid ourselves, we are creating next to nothing game by game, are void of entertainment, and the quality of the league is shocking. The fact that we could be close to top six on Sunday is testament to our improvement but also reflects just how bad the rest are.

Having said all that, we are close to County, high flying (?!) Livingston, and closing in on Kilmarnock. After the poor preseason, transfer dealings and poor start to the it’s great to be where we are.

1 hour ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Awful game, but who cares, defended well and hendry changed the game he added an energy and threat, most of our threat initially came from the left hand side with spoony, May and booth linking well, other side ralston defended better, but going forward him and mikey have had better days! Onwards and upwards and another three against county would be a perfect December.

It is a victory and whilst the football snobs may not think it was pretty to watch it is 3 points exactly the same as the best footbaootlling display will get you.  

Thought Stevie may had a fairly good game plenty of energy and a good work rate.but still no end product. 

Don't agree that it was as poor a game as Ferguson was saying on the radio and certainly not as one sides as Brian Rice was saying. .

3 points on Sunday please for a perfect end to the year. 

13 minutes ago, mainstand said:

It is a victory and whilst the football snobs may not think it was pretty to watch it is 3 points exactly the same as the best footbaootlling display will get you.  

Thought Stevie may had a fairly good game plenty of energy and a good work rate.but still no end product. 

Don't agree that it was as poor a game as Ferguson was saying on the radio and certainly not as one sides as Brian Rice was saying. .

Kheredine Idessan (total punt at the spelling, CBA Googling) said it was possibly the worst game he’d been to this calendar year. Definitely worst of the season. 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

Totally agree and hope now that they are building a wee run and hopefully a bit more confidence and they will show a bit more composure and try passing it rather than a lot of the aimless punts when they weren’t under any pressure from Accies, when they did get it down and play we were decent.

May looked a bit better, but not convinced he is what we need and still think we need another striker in the window.

Ferguson wasn’t bad towards saints for a change, not our greatest fan but a bit better today than his usual incoherent pish. Brian Rice was on another planet!

On 12/24/2019 at 11:38 PM, Cagey said:

Probably a bit of a shitfest with Tommy's new mantra of not wanting to lose.

Same defence but hopefully McCann & Kane back. Would also like to see Craig as holding midfielder & probably Spoony as long as he is played on left.

Glad Tommy listened to me but where was Craig.

Thought it would be a shitfest but in our position & playing sides that you are competing with for position then understandable.

On 12/24/2019 at 10:06 AM, SaintJet said:

That was hellish , just watched on Alba and thank **** I never dragged my pissed  self out my bed this morning .Two dreadful teams slugging it out for a 0-0 but we got the 1 and only chance in front of goal and took it .Thank god. 

Great result .Pants performance. 

How long are we going to suffer this ? 

6 hours ago, rickardo said:

That was hellish , just watched on Alba and thank **** I never dragged my pissed  self out my bed this morning .Two dreadful teams slugging it out for a 0-0 but we got the 1 and only chance in front of goal and took it .Thank god. 

Give it time. This was Motherwell after Boxing Day last season...

Screenshot_20191227-074739_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3620cb1288eb9fc234d6f9e6541076dd.jpg

This is us this season...

Screenshot_20191227-074805_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9e7b05a7dc608cf6711ccc35ef5e49ac.jpg

Motherwell started picking up points around this time after finding their system. They carried that form into the league after the break and into this season. This is them now...

Screenshot_20191227-074822_Chrome.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy

7 hours ago, rickardo said:

Strictly speaking if you are not attending games then you are not suffering. 

Thank God we won otherwise you might be moaning :roll:

9 hours ago, rickardo said:

Exactly what are expecting? For the first time in a lot of years we have genuine fears that we might be involved in a serious fight to stay in the top division. Since a real drubbing at Fir Park a few weeks ago the team and manager have shown real character in battling performances to improve our standing so we can give ourselves some breathing room. Believe me if you offered Celtic a 0-1 away win at Hamilton they would happily take that to the bank! Throw in a very busy time for teams and this result is brilliant.

I hope we get a decent home turnout for Sunday to show our appreciation of a great effort all round.

9 hours ago, rickardo said:

We will have to suffer this until we are in a comfortable position ,especially against the teams around us who we can't afford to lose against.

I don't think any of us are happy with the performance but in the position we were in it was necessary . As they say if you don't lose goals you don't lose games. Thank feck Gordon came back as I think we would have been marooned at the bottom by now.

After 14 games we had 11 points and just been skelped by Morherwell (a)   the hostility was simmering nicely.  Thought the writing was on the wall in some corners of the supporters.  Pretty unexpected leap up the table, but very welcome. We arent a bad team.

now played 18 and got 19 and looking to finish 2019 off in style..

20191227_215511.jpg

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Alba says crow1,095 others said 1,500 either way no wonder the atmosphere was shit . Didn't help that the ref blew for any contact & didn't let game flow & never played advantage.

With a crowd like that neither of these teams deserve to be in premiership.

No surprise but, over 14k at the Dundee match this aft.

13 hours ago, mainstand said:

Strictly speaking if you are not attending games then you are not suffering. 

Thank God we won otherwise you might be moaning :roll:

Where about did I say that I wasn’t attending games ? Fair dooz I wasn’t at Hamilton but sorry if I gave you the impression I don’t give Saints my hard earned.I do.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Alba says crow1,095 others said 1,500 either way no wonder the atmosphere was shit . Didn't help that the ref blew for any contact & didn't let game flow & never played advantage.

With a crowd like that neither of these teams deserve to be in premiership.

Come on crowd size has nothing to do with league position, it’s not great but there is a few other factors why teams are where they are rather than a crowd wankfest, aye the coags derby has a big attendance but the teams aren’t very good and are where they are for a reason..