St. Johnstone V Ross County- Sunday 29th

SaintJet

A few decisions didnt go our way but we've seen a lot worse so far this season. What was it, 7 bookings and one red, good to see he didnt hold back. Could say their goal scorer shouldnt have been on the park but if it wasnt him it would have been someone else scoring. We were punished because we didnt take our chances. How many times have Saints started well and then still gone 1-0 down. Not only do we need to be tight at the back but we need to take the chances when they come. There will be lapses in concentration and the defence cant stop everything.

23 hours ago, Santodelnorte said:

Nobody else think Saints got the shaft when the ref hauled back the quickly taken indirect free kick? Laws of the game say attacking team doesn't have to wait for ref if he's not booking anyone so goal should have stood. I think he bottled it having given a rarely seen six second infraction.

Did he not book the keeper at that point?

On 12/31/2019 at 7:22 PM, Rob said:

A few decisions didnt go our way but we've seen a lot worse so far this season. What was it, 7 bookings and one red, good to see he didnt hold back. Could say their goal scorer shouldnt have been on the park but if it wasnt him it would have been someone else scoring. We were punished because we didnt take our chances. How many times have Saints started well and then still gone 1-0 down. Not only do we need to be tight at the back but we need to take the chances when they come. There will be lapses in concentration and the defence cant stop everything.

Given how negative County were with 11 men,  I doubt if they'd have crossed the half way line with 10 so to say someone else would have scored is far too simplistic.  The ref had an absolute shocker.  Vigurs should have seen red as should Fontaine.  Graham should have walked for his first elbow,  not cautioned. 

You are right that our failure to convert our vast superiority into goals is what ultimately cost us though. 

On 12/30/2019 at 3:28 PM, Dave H said:

Please tell me where i said he didnt try?  Youre making it up in your head. Otherwise forget it.  I didnt question that.   What grasp of the game do you have as trying is completely different to being good or on form.  Plenty of effort but utter dross is what we've seen for best part of the season.   Kennedy has not lived up to expectations this season, has his best game when the contract is in the paper, scouts looking on.   He is our best player by far and was more involved v Ross County than many many other games.  Coincidene to you ok, for me I think he's offski.

Have to say, to me this reads a lot like you saying he hasn't been trying.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

But what are you saying is the reason for him being less involved? Given that you've linked it to his contract situation?

What?  You cant argue that he's been poor this season.  Fallen well short of expectations.  Same goes for all the squad. Total shite so far.

2 hours ago, Dave H said:

What?  You cant argue that he's been poor this season.  Fallen well short of expectations.  Same goes for all the squad. Total shite so far.

I'm not arguing that. I'm just asking you a question to try to understand your point. What are you implying is the cause of his lack of "involvement", if it's not about how hard he tries? Why would a player suddenly improve when contract talks are happening and scouts are watching, if not a result of trying harder?

49 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm not arguing that. I'm just asking you a question to try to understand your point. What are you implying is the cause of his lack of "involvement", if it's not about how hard he tries? Why would a player suddenly improve when contract talks are happening and scouts are watching, if not a result of trying harder?

Being involved isnt related to trying though. Never questioned any of the players efforts or 'trying' at any moment so cant be made any clearer.   Read from that what you want.  Kennedy did more with the ball than hes done in months.  Tell me why?

1 hour ago, Dave H said:

Being involved isnt related to trying though. Never questioned any of the players efforts or 'trying' at any moment so cant be made any clearer.   Read from that what you want.  Kennedy did more with the ball than hes done in months.  Tell me why?

He upped his creative output by a significant percentage because he's out of contract shortly and knew that scouts from other side's were watching?

1 hour ago, Dave H said:

Maybe because the team were set up well to dominate possession, everyone else played well and Country were piss poor? 3 possible answers 

19 games in 20 points, 5 points off top 6 and 2 points of relegation playoff.  Very tight and we've spent most of the season rock bottom so happy to be 7 points clear of 12th.   

Hoping the winter break can kick start our season and we get a good cup run and secure top 6 finish, but my heart says just avoid 11th & 12th and that'll be a good season given the chaos at the start.   Recovery still in progress

20200104_190253.jpg

Oh I forgot about George Williams saying it aswell then signed for forest green he even had his kid in a st Johnstone top saying how much he loved it here and couldn't wait to the start of next season just all bullshit I was very angry about all that 

Edited by dunkeldneil

On 1/3/2020 at 2:13 PM, Dave H said:

I don't know why. But I find it hard to separate involvement and effort in the way you seem to be able to. To me, if a player is involved more, it's probably because they're trying harder. The only other reason I can think of for a player's increased involvement might be a change in system that leads to a particular player fitting in better and getting the ball more.