3 Stands for Old Firm

Abernethy Saint

4 hours ago, garydavidson said:

I don't think many, if any, people are buying tickets for those matches though, the argument is that even the season ticket holders who have paid for it are not turning up.  Do agree though that those being moved should at least be allocated a seat.

Not sure if we all understand what the Club intends here yet. (I hope the Club does!)  The statement says East Stand ST Holders will be provided with alternative unallocated seats within the West Stand.  That suggests they will be allocated tickets with numbered seats presumably mainly in the North end of the Stand.  As there is no mention (yet) of ST Holders being asked if they intend to go to the game that would suggest everyone being given an allocated seat whether they intend to go or not.  This is only fair and places these ST Holders in exactly the same situation they would be in if this "trial" was not taking place.

How many ST Holders are there in the East Stand?  My impression has always been that many ST Holders do not attend every match and there are marked seats unallocated even when the crowd is around 3,000.  If my assumptions are right there won't be too many seats spare in the West for those who just want to pay for these games once hospitality guests are taken care of.

I still don't think there will be a problem and at least everyone will know where their seat is.

53 minutes ago, south inch said:

If my assumptions are right there won't be too many seats spare in the West for those who just want to pay for these games once hospitality guests are taken care of.

The Main Stand holds around 3000. In our last home match against either Celtic or Rangers we had 1451 home fans.

Celtic and Rangers usually get an allocation of around 4400 (Ormond 1800, North 1800, Main 800) which usually almost sells out.

For us to have had 3000 home fans at a game the overall crowd would have to be 7400 or higher, roughly. 

We've not had a crowd that size against either of them since December 2016.

Season ticket numbers are apparently around 2000. 

Home fans won't need to worry about getting a seat.

Edited by RandomGuy

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

The Main Stand holds around 3000. In our last home match against either Celtic or Rangers we had 1451 home fans.

Celtic and Rangers usually get an allocation of around 4400 (Ormond 1800, North 1800, Main 800) which usually almost sells out.

For us to have had 3000 home fans at a game the overall crowd would have to be 7400 or higher, roughly. 

We've not had a crowd that size against either of them since December 2016.

Season ticket numbers are apparently around 2000. 

Home fans won't need to worry about getting a seat.

Read my last sentence.  My post was aimed at the worry ST holders would be wandering around looking for a seat.

Interesting, if we usually give the OF an allocation of around 4,400 seats which "usually almost sells out" the extra 2,600 or so we are giving them are not going to fly off the shelves.

8 minutes ago, south inch said:

Interesting, if we usually give the OF an allocation of around 4,400 seats which "usually almost sells out" the extra 2,600 or so we are giving them are not going to fly off the shelves.

Last time we gave them the East Stand, in 2012, the overall attendance was 6700, lower than the 7000 strong crowd who turned up in December 2018 for the game against Rangers, where Saints fans had the East...

Edited by RandomGuy

29 minutes ago, south inch said:

Read my last sentence.  My post was aimed at the worry ST holders would be wandering around looking for a seat.

Real title fight this year though... 

• 2 weeks later...

Less than 2000 home fans at the game today, second lowest home support of the season.

Against a team we havent played in around 5 years, with reduced admission prices...

Further evidence against these fans that stay away but would return if "we didnt play the same teams all the time and didnt pay a fortune for it". Wonder what their excuse will be for not going today?

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Less than 2000 home fans at the game today, second lowest home support of the season.

Against a team we havent played in around 5 years, with reduced admission prices...

Further evidence against these fans that stay away but would return if "we didnt play the same teams all the time and didnt pay a fortune for it". Wonder what their excuse will be for not going today?

dude.

the football is turd.

the club is regressing .

you would not even know there was a game on if you were in Perth town centre.

no one is interested anymore ,except a small hardcore.

lost a generation of young dudes with the handling of  fcu 

No fun .no laughs.

we’re  Heading for Stirling Albion type gates.

Can’t you see that.

Just now, slf said:

dude.

the football is turd.

the club is regressing .

you would not even know there was a game on if you were in Perth town centre.

no one is interested anymore ,except a small hardcore.

lost a generation of young dudes with the handling of  fcu 

No fun .no laughs.

we’re  Heading for Stirling Albion type gates.

Can’t you see that.

I can see jeanfield passing us in the future.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We had more home fans at mcd than Dundee’s home crowd yesterday.

dont  it make Ye feel good .

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Absolutely. 10 quid for an adult and 2 children yesterday.. It's not all "the club" it's a continual indifference of fringe St Johnstone supporters. Pretty pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...