3 Stands for Old Firm

Abernethy Saint

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Crowd apparently 8743.

Up over 2500 on our last home game against Celtic, and also the earlier game this season against Rangers.

The "extra" money made from giving Celtic fans the East will have paid the fee we paid ICT for McCart this window and left plenty spare.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Up over 2500 on our last home game against Celtic, and also the earlier game this season against Rangers.

The "extra" money made from giving Celtic fans the East will have paid the fee we paid ICT for McCart this window and left plenty spare.

Exactly this. Take the money and move on.

Pains me to see them sitting in my seat, but so long as we use the money on the squad, I can just about stomach it.

As you say, may be the difference from getting in McCart now vs the summer. 

Fkn hated every minute of it.  Turns my stomach.  Main stand only is shit.  Held that opinion for ever, nothing chsnged that.. particularly seeing the Perth based Celtic fans in the Main.   6 of them a couple of rows in front of me.     Yes we got money but if I wasn't season ticket, there is no chance Id be going.

3 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

As an east stand season ticket holder, it didn’t bother me in the slightest. Take the money and spend it on the squad.....and do it as often as you want. 

Actually, we should have done it years ago. 

Couldn't agree more.

Used  to be against it .

Can see the logic now. 

C.o.y.s.

44 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

As an east stand season ticket holder, it didn’t bother me in the slightest. Take the money and spend it on the squad.....and do it as often as you want. 

Only problem I had with it was we ended up in the padded seats with Celtic fans behind us but because they were in hospitality they were allowed to be in the main stand they had all been drinking before the game and we’re coming out with snide wee comments during the match, we spoke to stewards but they said the club had allowed it 

8 hours ago, Dave H said:

Fkn hated every minute of it.  Turns my stomach.  Main stand only is shit.  Held that opinion for ever, nothing chsnged that.. particularly seeing the Perth based Celtic fans in the Main.   6 of them a couple of rows in front of me.     Yes we got money but if I wasn't season ticket, there is no chance Id be going.

That’s the problem though Dave, people aren’t paying into the home end for these games. Even season ticket holders attend in smaller numbers. So you can’t blame the club for maximising revenues.

Probably took an extra £200k in tickets and I’m not sure what the average catering spend is per head, but if it’s £3 per person with an extra 2500 people in attendance we’re quids in there too. 

9 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

Good on you mate; it's a nescessary poison but hopefully we'll see the benifits on the park and I bet we won't be the last club to start doing this.

Oddly enough I thought the Celtic fans were a bit subdued last night (the bottles, I know) and the different seating didn’t bother me at all. They seemed less like a swarming mass of vitriol and arrogance somehow. I wonder if the seats and toilets have been left intact.

As for us, maybe the main stand has a soporific effect leaving fans quietly numb. I heard nothing of note from our home support.

Edited by andrew

34 minutes ago, andrew said:

As for us, maybe the main stand has a soporific effect leaving fans quietly numb. I heard nothing of note from our home support.

I wasn't quite sure how Tommy expected the fans to be united when the Main stand is split in two anyway due to the padded seats and directors box. To generate atmosphere you would be far better putting all the fans in the East, although that would highlight how few fans go to these games.

1 hour ago, andrew said:

main stand has a soporific effect leaving fans quietly numb. 

I listened to Spotify after the 2nd goal to drown out the unwashed.  Paused for the half time 50/50, and resumed.  The start didnt give the fans any lift, any optimism was squashed when in 1st moments a handball wasn't given (looked handball from my seat) we just resign to the fact there is 2 rules.  Then we fail to get near the ball all half.

1 hour ago, andrew said:

Oddly enough I thought the Celtic fans were a bit subdued last night (the bottles, I know) and the different seating didn’t bother me at all. They seemed less like a swarming mass of vitriol and arrogance somehow. I wonder if the seats and toilets have been left intact.

There was around 10 broken seats and a toilet cubicle door off its hinges.

41 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

I wasn't quite sure how Tommy expected the fans to be united when the Main stand is split in two anyway due to the padded seats and directors box. To generate atmosphere you would be far better putting all the fans in the East, although that would highlight how few fans go to these games.

But then you’d have the directors surrounded by opposition fans not sure how they’d be happy with that 

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

No way that would happen it would mean Directors & corporate surrounded by the dispicable scum although I agree if we are going to do it give home support East stand

Some say we've done this before, some say it's a new idea, some don't like it etc. etc...

The OF skew the entire Scottish football scene in that fans travel from cities/towns nationwide to follow them thus reducing the potential support available to local clubs.

I say, if you can't beat the system - and let's face it, it is not going to change anytime soon unless there is another catastrophic event at Ibrox. ( The authorities have changed the rules to guard against any New Club (Ibrox) being prevented from joining the top division) you might as well use it to your own advantage.

What's not to like. Use OF supporters cash to fund your own forays into the transfer market. Build or enhance your squad using their cash to the point where you might be able to, if not challenge them for top slot, at least be in a position to make it harder for them to get there themselves.

Ok it might be an inconvenience to home supporters having to move for these matches but if you see your club benefitting in being able to strengthen the squad is it not worth it.

Of course it's easy for me to say all of the above as I only manage to make it up there for a match on the odd occasion these days.

We do need the income to do our best to put a competitive team on the pitch and while they are around we should maximise our revenue. 

The one thing I would introduce for the OF is every single incident of biggatory by there fans results in a 1 point multiplying deduction. 

First incident, 1 point off, 2nd incident doubles to 2 points off, third incident 4 points off and so on. 

Something should be done to clean this lot up, they would soon sort it out amongst themselves if they were dropping points and we would all be the better for it. 

38 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

We do need the income to do our best to put a competitive team on the pitch and while they are around we should maximise our revenue. 

The one thing I would introduce for the OF is every single incident of biggatory by there fans results in a 1 point multiplying deduction. 

First incident, 1 point off, 2nd incident doubles to 2 points off, third incident 4 points off and so on. 

Something should be done to clean this lot up, they would soon sort it out amongst themselves if they were dropping points and we would all be the better for it. 

That would certainly get my vote