3 Stands for Old Firm

Abernethy Saint

2 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Plenty of folk from Perth though. Never understood it. My neighbour, otherwise decent guy, from Perth, has fecking Sevco shite tattooed all over him.

Guy who lived upstairs from us, born and bred in Perth.....a massive bellend and bigot :)

10 hours ago, mainstand said:

Don't think we can fleece them unless we fleece our own fans due to spfl rules that all fans with the same view have to pay the same. Unless they count the main stand as different from east. 

With online ticketing, why can’t we launch a 2 game ticket? £44 for entry to both OF games. Leave the single game ticket prices as they are. 

9 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

With online ticketing, why can’t we launch a 2 game ticket? £44 for entry to both OF games. Leave the single game ticket prices as they are. 

We will have the same problem as before Saints fans will have to buy tickets before the OF sell out or they won't get them.

With new online system how do they stop OF getting tickets for main stand.

40 minutes ago, Cagey said:

We will have the same problem as before Saints fans will have to buy tickets before the OF sell out or they won't get them.

With new online system how do they stop OF getting tickets for main stand.

I think that would only be the case for single game tickets. If you released a multi game ticket covering specific games, that would likely work differently on the basis that not many people would pay £44 to sit in the home end for 1 game. 

If the OF have 3 stands, I highly doubt we’ll have to worry about having them selling out and ending up in our end but if they sell out, honestly wouldn’t be too devastated to charge them £44 for entry to the home end haha! 

42 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I think that would only be the case for single game tickets. If you released a multi game ticket covering specific games, that would likely work differently on the basis that not many people would pay £44 to sit in the home end for 1 game. 

If the OF have 3 stands, I highly doubt we’ll have to worry about having them selling out and ending up in our end but if they sell out, honestly wouldn’t be too devastated to charge them £44 for entry to the home end haha! 

Launch a membership scheme......ah wait, ma next door neighbour is a zombie.

The problem is: these weirdos are everywhere. Let them have three stands. In fact, fill in the corners with their money, and sell them those seats too.   

19 hours ago, garydavidson said:

I have heard before that Celtic do an automatic allocation of available tickets to people who have signed up for that so I believe all the tickets will sell even if the fans don't actually go to the game. I may have got the wrong end of the stick though. 

Celtic supporting pal thinks that's right.  However, though a ST holder he is not interested in away games - "don't want stuck beside morons who will give you dogs abuse if you ask them to sit down".  He thinks they get ticket allocations but don't have to take them, especially these days when there is no point in keeping in the good books in the hope of a ticket at the Ayebroke games.  He agrees with me that they might struggle to unload 7,000 tickets in which case they will sell the East Stand tickets first.

So our club has realised that the title race is on and now open 3 stands to be filled by that lot ! 

1451 home fans at last Rangers game , why? Overpriced when they come to town . FFS drop prices and get the main stand full of saintees. Give season ticket holders the opportunity to purchase cheaper tickets than that lot and have more of us back in attendance , audit the purchases so they cannot sell to that lot . Imagine a full stand of saintees  singing joyous as they pump THAT LOT . My god I may go myself not attended an old firm game at McDairmid since Rangers were in pole position to win league and as the Match commander said “ any away fans in main stand will be immediately ejected” never happened as they were everywhere that Sunday night 6-05 kick off , that is my last old firm game. 

Just a thought 

Football is a business Clubs have to balance the books. In any business if locals do buy your product you must sell it to who ever will if you want to survive.

We won the Scottish cup the following season the increase in season ticket holders were minimum. We have to generate money else where if we are going to pay Premiership salaries. I am for this move.

Dont like the idea 1 bit. Was terrible before, wonder if my older age makes it more acceptable.

I hated the allocated Main stand seat, just make it a general admission and we cant sit in reserved seats, might get groups gathering for a sing song. 

At home surrounded by away fans, my stomach churns.  Clearly it's for the cash, and maybe the books are showing we must do it for longer, so I'm not buying a 'trial'.

An insight: Last year I only bought 1 x £10 OF ticket.  This season I'm season ticket, but will not be going to Celtic midweek.  And my kids aint going, so that'll be 3 STs less for the midweek game. 

Edited by Dave H

7 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Dont like the idea 1 bit. Was terrible before, wonder if my older age makes it more acceptable.

I hated the allocated Main stand seat, just make it a general admission and we cant sit in reserved seats, might get groups gathering for a sing song. 

At home surrounded by away fans, my stomach churns.  Clearly it's for the cash, and maybe the books are showing we must do it for longer, so I'm not buying a 'trial'.

An insight: Last year I only bought 1 x £10 OF ticket.  This season I'm season ticket, but will not be going to Celtic midweek.  And my kids aint going, so that'll be 3 STs less for the midweek game. 

Pay at the gate would allow even more OF fans in, and theyd be beside you.

Dont like it but you cant blame the club. Less than 1500 home fans at the last game against Rangers, and overall this season we're set for the lowest average attendance since we came back up. 

Losing both Dundee sides and only one OF game at McDiarmid obviously affect that, but considering the decade we've just had, it must be hard to swallow for the money men.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Pay at the gate would allow even more OF fans in, and theyd be beside you

Didnt say pay at the gate.   Buy a ticket gets you in to sit where you want.  This to include e-ticket sales, you pick a seat on the system but you sit where you want.  Only STs have the allocated seat.

Take their money!!

Vile sectarian singing, 2-0 down after 15 minutes, guaranteed to be on the receiving end of a pumping and overpriced “category a” tickets are just some of the reasons that home fans stay away for matches versus the Old Firm and none of those things are likely to change anytime soon.

Make the ticket prices £30, no concessions and give the knuckledraggers 7000 tickets.

12 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Didnt say pay at the gate.   Buy a ticket gets you in to sit where you want.  This to include e-ticket sales, you pick a seat on the system but you sit where you want.  Only STs have the allocated seat.

They said it wont be allocated seating didnt they?

5 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Take their money!!

Vile sectarian singing, 2-0 down after 15 minutes, guaranteed to be on the receiving end of a pumping and overpriced “category a” tickets are just some of the reasons that home fans stay away for matches versus the Old Firm and none of those things are likely to change anytime soon.

Make the ticket prices £30, no concessions and give the knuckledraggers 7000 tickets.

Someone told me Callum Hendry earns £20k a year. One game if that set up pretty much pays for his contract.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

They said it wont be allocated seating didnt they?

Yes. For the trial but next season I hope it remains.  As there is no reason for us to ever be in the East stand for OF games going forward.  Took a lot of fans effort to reclaim the East, and we will be giving it up forever

Edited by Dave H