Kristen Robertson

THE LARK SAINT

I’m speculating of course, but so many non-football side managers seem to come and go at Saints very quickly, and this may be because they are not allowed to actually change things and bring in new ideas. Like, for example, the 21st century. If Broon just wants to shift the workload but not the decision-making, nothing will change and she will be gone soon.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Wallace said:

She had previously worked at Kilmarnock, but I don't think particularly recently, so not quite accurate to say she was recruited from them.

I agree it's odd so little has been made of her appointment.

Kirsten left there and came here. I don’t think there was much time in between. Possibly even the same month that Paul left (July?). I’m sure she left Kilmarnock just after they performed so courageously against those giants of European football - the Nomads.

As chief executive, Kirsten dealt with my son’s complaint against Kilmarnock which he took to the Equality and Human Rights Commission. Such lengths to resolve a complaint about attending a match as a supporter who has a disability! However, we live and, hopefully, learn. I had to personally advise another premier league club recently that their disabled access policy was actually discriminatory - they listened and changed their web site before they too were in danger of a discrimination complaint being made. Some clubs it would seem are still unable to learn. Thanks to the sterling work of Bev and Paul (and the board), no such issues are likely to arise at St Johnstone.

Welcome Kirsten, I wish you well and hope that your time with us is a great success.

1 hour ago, andrew said:

Kirsten left there and came here. I don’t think there was much time in between. Possibly even the same month that Paul left (July?). I’m sure she left Kilmarnock just after they performed so courageously against those giants of European football - the Nomads.

As chief executive, Kirsten dealt with my son’s complaint against Kilmarnock which he took to the Equality and Human Rights Commission. Such lengths to resolve a complaint about attending a match as a supporter who has a disability! However, we live and, hopefully, learn. I had to personally advise another premier league club recently that their disabled access policy was actually discriminatory - they listened and changed their web site before they too were in danger of a discrimination complaint being made. Some clubs it would seem are still unable to learn. Thanks to the sterling work of Bev and Paul (and the board), no such issues are likely to arise at St Johnstone.

Welcome Kirsten, I wish you well and hope that your time with us is a great success.

Happy to be corrected.

I read that and got a lump in my throat......   plastic pitch must not arrive in Perth!  I would literally not return until we played on grass again.

Really odd that the club have went about it given the importance and interest in the appointment.  

The below two quotes from that interview really stood out to me. These are things that fans have been saying on the various forums for years, but it's the first time I've ever, ever heard someone from the club actually voice these sentiments. I really hope her approach to engaging with fans and increasing support is going to turn out to be more modern than what we've been used to over the years - if so, then I think this is an exciting appointment.

“So we know what we have here and from what I’ve seen the 
interaction we have with the 
community is fabulous. But we don’t shout about it – and that needs to change.”

“We must make sure we’re out in the schools, engaging everyone, getting more complimentary tickets out to more community groups, making the pre-match and 
half-time more of an experience than just drinking a Bovril and looking at your phone. It should be far more interactive and engaging. We want people to enjoy match day because a club can be so much more than the sum of its parts. It’s an emotive subject and it should be, it has reach.”

6 hours ago, Stumpy1966 said:

You get ones now that fit in your pocket - so I’ve heard:wub:

My children laugh at me because I keep my mobile (circa 2005) next to the house phone and never take it out of the house. “People won’t be able to contact you when you are out”, they say. “Precisely” I reply.

11 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

The Kristen effect has started. Got a message from the Club (as I expect most S/T holders did) explaining arrangements for Septic and Sevco games with a "frequently asked questions and answers".

Not for me, I get no coms. Used to get a Tommy prematch email a couple of years back but sod all for a long time.  Can you copy and paste onto here?

9 hours ago, Dave H said:

Not for me, I get no coms. Used to get a Tommy prematch email a couple of years back but sod all for a long time.  Can you copy and paste onto here?

Q: I am a season ticket holder in the East/Ormond Stand.  Will my season ticket be valid for the Main Stand?

A: Yes, your season ticket will be valid for the Main Stand.  Please present your season ticket for scanning at the turnstile as usual.

Q: Will I need a paper ticket for this match?

A: If you do not have a season ticket you will need to purchase a ticket for this match.  This can be either a paper ticket or an e-ticket on your phone for scanning.  

Q: What time will the turnstiles be open?

A: Turnstiles will be open from 6:30PM.

Q: I am an East/Ormond Stand season ticket holder.  Will I have an allocated seat in the Main Stand?

A: East/Ormond Stand season ticket holders will not have an allocated seat in the Main Stand.  Please use any unreserved seat.  The vast majority of unreserved seating can be found in the north end of our Main Stand – accessed via turnstiles 5-7.

Q: I will be attending this match as a non-season ticket holder.  Will my match ticket be for an allocated seat?

A: Match tickets will not be for allocated seats.  You may use any unreserved seat.   The largest area of unreserved seating can be found in the north end of our Main Stand – accessed via turnstiles 5-7.

Q: Which turnstile should I use?

A: Turnstiles 1-4 will give you access to the south end of the Main Stand, with turnstiles 5-7 giving you access to the north end.

Q: Can I purchase match tickets for my family members/friends?

A: Season Ticket holders may purchase additional match tickets for their family and friends.  Supporters who have a purchasing history with us will also be able to buy tickets.  These tickets can be purchased in person at our ticket office or by telephone.  There will be no online ticket sales for this match. 

Q: How many catering kiosks and toilet facilities are there in the Main Stand and where are they located?

A: There are 2 kiosks in the Main Stand.  One is located at the north end of the stand and accessed via a flight of stairs.  A second kiosk is located at the south end of the stand.  As usual, an ‘at your seat’ catering service will be offered to supporters and personal assistants using our wheelchair platforms. Toilet facilities are located adjacent to the kiosks as described above.

Q: I am a Main Stand season ticket holder.  Can I sit in my reserved seat?

A: Yes, Main Stand season ticket holders may sit in their reserved seat.

Q: Where are the accessible entrances in the Main Stand located?

A: There is an accessible entrance at turnstile 2 (south end of Main Stand) and turnstile 5 (north end).  You will be required to present your season ticket or match ticket to the steward for scanning at the accessible entrances. 

Q: Are there accessible toilets in the Main Stand?

A: Yes, there are 3 accessible toilets in the Main Stand, two at the south end (1 x radar key) and one at the north.  All our accessible toilets are ‘on the level’.

Q: I have mobility issues.  Is it possible to arrange accessible seating in advance of this match?

A: Please contact us in advance to arrange – call Bev on 01738 459090 or email dao@perthsaints.co.uk.

Q: My season ticket is for the East Stand wheelchair platform.  Will I have an allocated bay in the Main Stand for this match?

A: Our Disability Access Officer will contact you in advance to advise.

Q: I have a parking permit.  Will it be valid for this match?

A: Your parking permit will be valid for this match.  Permit holders for the accessible parking bays in the south east corner will be contacted directly to confirm arrangements.

Q: Can I pre-book an accessible parking bay for this match?

A: We have a limited number of accessible parking bays available to pre-book for this match at a charge of £5.  Please contact Bev on 01738 459090 or email dao@perthsaints.co.uk for more information.

Q: I do not have a parking permit.  Can I park in the car park for this match?

A: There will be a limited number of non-permit bays available on a first come, first served basis (£5) but we expect these to fill up very quickly so early arrival would be advised.

There is plenty of ‘on street’ parking in the vicinity but we would ask supporters to consider our neighbours, and to park legally and responsibly.

Please be aware also that car parks in nearby retail premises have strict time limits for parking.

Q: Will there be a ‘hold back’ of supporters in the stadium at full-time?

A: There are no plans to have a hold back of supporters in the stadium at full-time.

Q: Will there be a ‘hold back’ of traffic in the car park post-match?

A: With supporter safety in mind, please be aware that traffic may be held back for a short period of time post-match to allow for the safe dispersal of pedestrians.