Kristen Robertson

THE LARK SAINT

• 3 months later...

You guys are joking, I know it’s tongue in cheek, but this is the person running our club.

Anyone who thinks she is just merely the “mastermind” behind Saints TV or the “genius” that brought saints online ticketing are kidding themselves.

She is, what Steve Brown was. She has the final say on almost every aspect of what goes on and our most successful manager of all time walks away with two years to run on his contract and she is ANONYMOUS.

Brown has all but washed his hands of the day to day running of the club and she now rules the roost.

As long as the figures balance at the end of the season, Steve Brown will keep paying her wages.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

5 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Aye but has won us the Scottish Cup?

Nut!

no but neither have many of the players in our squad. 

a bit of an irrelevant statement. 

I understand why there are the comments on her and how she is seen as the wicked witch of the west but it is really still just conjecture.

As for Alan Preston making comments and suggestions, remember he has history of opening his gob and letting his belly rumble, he had to apologise for his rants at hearts suggesting all sorts of things about the manager and his alleged inside knowledge of the club. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

no but neither have many of the players in our squad. 

a bit of an irrelevant statement. 

I understand why there are the comments on her and how she is seen as the wicked witch of the west but it is really still just conjecture.

As for Alan Preston making comments and suggestions, remember he has history of opening his gob and letting his belly rumble, he had to apologise for his rants at hearts suggesting all sorts of things about the manager and his alleged inside knowledge of the club. 

Your not often wrong but your wrong again.

Biscuits said he regarded Tommy as a personal friend and that he was heartbroken for the club how Tommy had left. (Verbatim)

When Stuart pressed him about TW and Kirsten being pivotal in him leaving Preston was non commital and was keen not to give anything away but clearly knew.

Remember TW had 2 years left on his contract and no job to go to. Join the dots and you can see that we have shot ourselves in the foot.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Your not often wrong but your wrong again.

Biscuits said he regarded Tommy as a personal friend and that he was heartbroken for the club how Tommy had left. (Verbatim)

When Stuart pressed him about TW and Kirsten being pivotal in him leaving Preston was non commital and was keen not to give anything away but clearly knew.

Remember TW had 2 years left on his contract and no job to go to. Join the dots and you can see that we have shot ourselves in the foot.

So biscuits said he knew something? He said he knew something at Hearts but it was all crap. 

I think the two didnt get on, but i seem to remember tommy having a fall out with the January/february and he has had fall outs with Liam and others during games. He is one of these people that shoots from the lip.

Did it cause him to resign we will never know. 

6 minutes ago, mainstand said:

So biscuits said he knew something? He said he knew something at Hearts but it was all crap. 

I think the two didnt get on, but i seem to remember tommy having a fall out with the January/february and he has had fall outs with Liam and others during games. He is one of these people that shoots from the lip.

Did it cause him to resign we will never know. 

He alluded to knowing the reason and made it clear it was because of Kirsten.

Seriously, you are relatively smart aren't you; do you for a minute believing TW walked out without a job to go to?

Why would we let our manager walk away; his stock hie sky high and if the Irish came in for him we would at least get some copmo.

Instead of trumping the party line it's time you started asking the hard questions.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

He alluded to knowing the reason and made it clear it was because of Kirsten.

Seriously, you are relatively smart aren't you; do you for a minute believing TW walked out without a job to go to?

Why would we let our manager walk away; his stock hie sky high and if the Irish came in for him we would at least get some copmo.

Instead of trumping the party line it's time you started asking the hard questions.

I think you are quite smart as well, so thank you for the compliment.

As for biscuits he alluded to be personal friend with contacts at Hearts and have inside information on Hearts and ad to accept he didnt and apologise.

As far as Tommy is concerned I think he has shown in the past that he will walk away form a job if that is  what he wants. 

Do I think there were issues between Tommy and Kirsten yes probably. Was there problems between Tommy and Steve yes probably and this has been the case for years. Did Tommy use the press to help in his previous issues with Steve yes I think he did. 

Why did we let him go with 2 years left on his contract probably because he resigned. I am not privy to his contract so don't know if there was any clause in his contract that allowed him to depart.  

As for toeing the party line - I support Saints and have seen many managers come and go in the last 50 years, saints will always be there and a new manager will come in and the world will move on. Do I hope that things change behind the scenes and we have a manager that gets on with the board and COO and has loads of money to spend yes of course I do. 

Edited by mainstand

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

I think you are quite smart as well, so thank you for the compliment.

As for biscuits he alluded to be personal friend with contacts at Hearts and have inside information on Hearts and ad to accept he didnt and apologise.

As far as Tommy is concerned I think he has shown in the past that he will walk away form a job if that is  what he wants. 

Do I think there were issues between Tommy and Kirsten yes probably. Was there problems between Tommy and Steve yes probably and this has been the case for years. Did Tommy use the press to help in his previous issues with Steve yes I think he did. 

Why did we let him go with 2 years left on his contract probably because he resigned. I am not privy to his contract so don't know if there was any clause in his contract that allowed him to depart.  

As for toeing the party line - I support Saints and have seen many managers come and go in the last 50 years, saints will always be there and a new manager will come in and the world will move on. Do I hope that things change behind the scenes and we have a manager that gets on with the board and COO and has loads of money to spend yes of course I do. 

Fair Comment mainstand I'll respect your point of view.

We have at least one thing in common and that is that we've been supporting Saints for 50 years.

Kirsten Robertson is probably an educated efficient number cruncher that went head to head with TW on a few occasions she kept her cool while TW old school lost it and went mental, SB had to continue to put out the fires and probably sided with Kirsten because she's a smart little snake who knows how to conduct herself professionally in the business world but we all know football is a business about passion and wearing your heart on your sleeve she's an iceberg with one target save money which is fine as she's gotta justify her salary...

TW had enough and got a solid pay off but we all know that ya cant hide from football and TW will be back because its an addiction good luck to him and Kirsten be careful because the supporters always win...........Even if it means we end up in the 2nd division we'll always win... 

33 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

Kirsten Robertson is probably an educated efficient number cruncher that went head to head with TW on a few occasions she kept her cool while TW old school lost it and went mental, SB had to continue to put out the fires and probably sided with Kirsten because she's a smart little snake who knows how to conduct herself professionally in the business world but we all know football is a business about passion and wearing your heart on your sleeve she's an iceberg with one target save money which is fine as she's gotta justify her salary...

TW had enough and got a solid pay off but we all know that ya cant hide from football and TW will be back because its an addiction good luck to him and Kirsten be careful because the supporters always win...........Even if it means we end up in the 2nd division we'll always win... 

She would have flown the coop long before we hit the 2nd division

39 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

That’s the big difference between now and then. Tommy and Steve had “bust ups” “disagreements” “lock horns” whatever pish spin people want to put on it, but they both respected each other and patched things up professionally and personally.

But Tommy is a pretty good judge of character and in his eyes respect needs to be won and earned.

My point being, why are we bringing someone in to the heart of the club, who by all impressions appears to make decisions but is totally unaccountable, that can’t forge a successful relationship with those who report to her.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

He done the exact same in a previous job to concentrate on his personal life.

https://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2008/04/28/former-target-wright-now-available-after-ballymena-exit-two-plus-two-equals/

But Allan Preston spoke in a certain way, so its irrelevant and its far more likely hes quit after falling out with Kirsten Robertson, obviously. 

1 hour ago, byebyedundee said:

What pay off?