Ex Saints Manager Bobby Brown dead at 96.

glenrothes saintee

Remember him well, good Saints manager, asked him once if he had any old Saints strips when he was at Jeanfield training  Young man he said Joe Anderson in the town sells strips,my one and only conversation wae him.He left for the Scotland job and our Willie came in.

RIP Mr Brown.

Remember him as not only manager of Saints but also for staying in Stanley.  

Good tipper to his paperboy ( I was one of them) and also brought the Saints team to Stanley prior to a cup match.   Only problem was Stanley School had The Rex for football for two periods, so Bobby played Saints defence with a gang of school lads as forwards and gang of laddies as defence with Saints attackers.  Made us football daft Saints supporters day and then we left the Saints to their cup prep.

Edited by Templar Saint

RIP big man. A gentleman & managed Saints through a few good years. Overshadowed by the Ormond years but it was him that laid the foundations.

Never knew he had managed Saints for more games than anyone else.

An honour to Saints that they supplied Scotland with 2 of their most successful managers.

31 minutes ago, Cagey said:

RIP big man. A gentleman & managed Saints through a few good years. Overshadowed by the Ormond years but it was him that laid the foundations.

Never knew he had managed Saints for more games than anyone else.

An honour to Saints that they supplied Scotland with 2 of their most successful managers.

Never knew it was 2 of the first 3 full time Scotland managers! Since then we only had one player capped.

18 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Remember him well, good Saints manager, asked him once if he had any old Saints strips when he was at Jeanfield training  Young man he said Joe Anderson in the town sells strips,my one and only conversation wae him.He left for the Scotland job and our Willie came in.

I laughed aloud on reading this. This was just before Bob Crolls I believe.

I don't recall the manager he was just before my time but he was held in high esteem by all in Perth and always will.

RIP Bobby

• 6 months later...
On 1/15/2020 at 9:29 PM, sixties saintee said:

You were a beggar in your 'young man ' days ?

No surprise then, as you havnae changed much in your retirement,  now begging alcohol off your seniors.

Bobby's book is a great read, "From the Goals, to the Dugout".

R.i.p. Bobby the gentleman.

9 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

You were a beggar in your 'young man ' days ?

No surprise then, as you havnae changed much in your retirement,  now begging alcohol off your seniors.

Bobby's book is a great read, "From the Goals, to the Dugout".

R.i.p. Bobby the gentleman.

Pot kettle pal, send us it down for a read then, or can you no afford the postage.

Edited by sixties saintee