Scottish Cup 5th round. 8/2/2020.

Cagey

Recall being at Somerset Park for Scottish Cuptie 17 Jan. 2007.

Pre match refreshments in Northfield Bowling Club (within sight of the Park)

Ayr 1  Saints 2 after extra time.

Jason Scotland after 5 mins., Ryan Stevenson (remember him) after 77 mins.

Winner on 116 mins by Peter McDonald.

Bus home was stoned by schoolboys on the outskirts of Ayr.

Braw day oot. 

13 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Absolutely no danger we’ll be on telly. It’ll be BSC Glasgow vs Utd/Hibs 

Think that will be a bit one sided, BSC might switch to Easter Road for the money.  I would agree with Cagey, BBC will see our game as a possible upset and there should be a decent crowd.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:28 PM, south inch said:

Think that will be a bit one sided, BSC might switch to Easter Road for the money.  I would agree with Cagey, BBC will see our game as a possible upset and there should be a decent crowd.

I heard they’re not allowed to as they already play their games at Alloa.

3 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I heard they’re not allowed to as they already play their games at Alloa.

Yes I think that's pretty well right.  They would not be allowed to switch to Easter Road or Tannadice but they could be allowed to switch to say Falkirk if they can make a case that Alloa could not cope with the expected crowd.  I heard the BSC manager being interviewed and he said ground relocation would be up to their Board but he seemed to think (dream?) that they could get 5,000 if Hibs got through.

BSC Glasgow's Scottish Cup last-16 tie with Hibernian or Dundee United will be shown live on BBC Scotland next month.

Should Hibs win the replay, the contest will be on Sunday, 9 February (12:00 GMT), with the game scheduled for two days earlier (19:05) if United prevail.

The BBC will also show Hearts' fifth-round visit to Falkirk or Arbroath on Saturday, 8 February at 19:20 GMT.

Premier Sports will broadcast Hamilton v Rangers the same day (12:30) and Clyde v Celtic the next day (14:00).