Scottish Cup 5th round. 8/2/2020.

Cagey

18 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Sounds like we made hard work of that against a 10 man Championship side.

A win is a win anyone at home apart from the old firm and I will be happy

I don't think the wind helped but we will have to wait for the real fans that braved the conditions to attend.

Into the next round is the main thing .

Comfortable in the end, as much ad that weather could allow. Every decent ball into the box caused complete carnage all game so Ayrs last minute free kick had me shitting myself.

Ayr started better, we couldnt cope with the extra man in midfield and the CBs struggled like f**k against the wind and Ayrs striker. We eventually took control and starting actually passing the ball and unsurprisingly started looking like we could score, still no real idea what happens for the first, but assume the wind played a part.

Red card looked a stonewaller, even ignoring the fact that lunging in late while already booked is just stupid.

Second goal comes straight from that free kick as your classic lower tier side falling asleep at a set piece and the top flight side exploiting it. Hendry does what Hendry does.

Think for the rest of the game we played within ourselves, left the wide men and strikers to try and create something, and kept enough back to deal with any mistakes the weather brought about, cant really blame the manager for that as the weather could literally bring a goal from nothing. Thoroughly professional job.

You have to wonder what Izzy Jones is thinking. One week in Scotland and hes got an 80s song getting sung about him as he runs about in 50mph wind and rain.

4 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Sounds like we made hard work of that against a 10 man Championship side.

A win is a win anyone at home apart from the old firm and I will be happy

Not sure what you heard.  Easy win. Hit the bar, hit the post twice.  Ayr never really threatened all game.  

Just wasteful, could have been 4 or 5 on a better day.  Credit where credit is due in horrendous windy conditions, away from home v a team who beat Ross Co last round.   Red card clearly the turning point of the game as the extra man definitely made it as comfortable as it was. Just wish we scored a 3rd, to remove that doubt we might concede late on, albeit Ayr rarely made it near our box.

Names in the hat!  Job done.

Great travelling support, but **** me that drive home was seriously shite... some huge bits of aquaplaning at 70mph in the storm!

Edited by Dave H

Cracking day out (apart from the horrendous weather) I'm convinced there was more than 1079 saintees there but what do i know. Got refused an under 18 tic but the woman didn't blink when I then asked for a pensioners one the brute, so £12 to get in :D

Special mention to the Saints fan from Leeds I was chatting to, driving 800+ mile round trip to attend the game, well done sir 

As already stated, job done and name in hat for the quarters. Sneckie away would be my preference 

Edited by chips