Fair City unity

Ginger Bakers rebel army

6 hours ago, SugarSpunSaintee said:

Correct. Made attempts to comeback but Hamilton away at the end of last season was the final straw

Excuse my cynicism but why is it that every other fan can happily go to matches without any fuss or drama but these guys apparently can't? Exactly what are the unfair atrocities happening to them that for some reason don't seem to happen to anyone else?

4 hours ago, Linky said:

Nope. The cheapest season tickets at Dortmund are €219.

You can see Bayern Munich for less than £10 a game. The average season ticket in the Bundesliga is €186, about €10 a game.

Bayern Munich prices here for anyone who's Bay-curious: 
https://fcbayern.com/binaries/content/assets/downloads/homepage/ticketing/preisliste-2019_20-en.pdf?v=1573136019333

This is the treatment they got. Overblown numbers of bored pigs totally out of their depth. Not long after I took this picture they marched a kid out the stadium that couldn't of been much over 11 years old. It's a disgrace they way these young folks were treated. Perth police are a total joke.

IMG_20170405_212402.jpg

6 minutes ago, scott1982 said:

This is the treatment they got. Overblown numbers of bored pigs totally out of their depth. Not long after I took this picture they marched a kid out the stadium that couldn't of been much over 11 years old. It's a disgrace they way these young folks were treated. Perth police are a total joke.

IMG_20170405_212402.jpg

True.

any time stjohnstone scored the stewards also waded in at home matches .

witnessed this countless times from the west stand.

1 hour ago, scott1982 said:

IMG_20170405_212402.jpg

That's no different to how that area of the stadium has been policed since it opened. Saints fans have been getting plucked out of there for years for less than away fans do.

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

It was 10 pounds for an adult and 2 children last Saturday. It is definitely not price.

It is a St Johnstone fanbase which fails to turnout and support its team.

4 hours ago, scott1982 said:

IMG_20170405_212402.jpg

Police Scotland. Probably no Perth police there. Police brought through from Glasgow on double time.

On 1/24/2020 at 7:22 PM, Havana Saint said:

It was 10 pounds for an adult and 2 children last Saturday. It is definitely not price.

It is a St Johnstone fanbase which fails to turnout and support its team.

£10 for an adult and two children is a great deal, but doesn't do anything for people who don't have children to bring with them. Personally I find Saints games very expensive.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

£10 for an adult and two children is a great deal, but doesn't do anything for people who don't have children to bring with them. Personally I find Saints games very expensive.

I think it’s safe to say as a sweeping generalisation that those without kids have more disposable income.

Not having to house, feed and dress 1 or more little people and all the other expenses that come with them!

16 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I think it’s safe to say as a sweeping generalisation that those without kids have more disposable income.

Not having to house, feed and dress 1 or more little people and all the other expenses that come with them!

Possibly, but I was responding to Havana Saint's suggestion that a good adult-and-child deal means that price can't be a factor in people not coming to games. If adults find it expensive, then they find it expensive. A deal that allows them to bring two children in for a tenner is absolutely meaningless if they don't have two children to bring. I don't live locally any more so can't go to every match like I used to, but if I did still live locally I'd be picking and choosing my games these days because that entry price is simply way too high for me.

Personally I think that a big part of Saints' potential market is adults in the age group of around 18 to 35 - that means adults who might not have kids yet, and also might still be quite early on in their careers so don't necessarily have much of an income. What does the club actively do to try to capture that market? Attracting kids to games is clearly important for the club, but how many of those kids are lost when they hit the age where they're too old to make use of these deals? I've always felt that we lose a lot of supporters when they get to around 17-18, and we won't necessarily ever get them back. Perhaps that's also part of the reason for the poor atmosphere being discussed in this thread.

• 3 years later...
49 minutes ago, Setting Son said:

Perth Polis really excelling themselves . “We know about the Unity event up at the Tulloch institute on Saturday night“ 

Yeah the event that’s been advertised everywhere . Groundbreaking police work . 

Have they got tickets yet  ?

8 hours ago, Setting Son said:

Hope no-one was looking for the police  cause they’ve been in the caley all day doing random checks . More needing to be worried about 5500 Celtic fans than a hundred young Perthshire lads 

All day session undercover at the the caley. 

expenses paid.

who'd wanna be a copper?

Never mind FCU they are great. What I want to know is why etc when we play galatasayrry and have full stadium they go round while stadium asking us to remove flags from advert boards. But when rangers or Celtic in town they don’t remove there’s. One that’s picking on us as home team. Two is I was a sponsor and my board was covered up all match behind the goal by the green brigade i Woukd want a refund .