Livingston V St.Johstone - Wednesday 22nd January

SaintJet

Back to the day job. A tough visit to Livi who continue to defy everyone with another impressive season despite their budget. 

We managed to scrape a draw in Perth at the start of the season but it was clear then that this team work hard for each other this is their strength.  They have a blue print to make it difficult for visiting teams on the plastic pitch. If we could continue our good form and manage to get a win it would transform our position in the league and with some big games coming up we really need to be taking something back from east lothian. 

Team on the same lines as Saturday's cup win with Hendry getting a rare start in for Chris; Kennedy not to feature again so conspiracy theorists will have a field day.

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think he will replace  Muzz with Holt.

My point was with Davidson suspended, and Tommy will reverting to his 1 up front, Holt and Craig along side McCann are his only options. Therefore it was more important to give those two game time rather than 2 full backs who have no chance of starting.

This will also be a big test for Kerr and Gordon.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

£25 to watch Livi v Saints on a cold winters midweek game. I dont think many will.

I agree it's not a great inducement at £25. I will go however, ony becasue of the importance of the game and becasue it's one of these grounds like Fir Park where you can get in and get out of easily.

35 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

No Cash gates. This is a pain in the ass - the ticket office is on the opposite side of the stadium where the away fans are.

Might seem a wee thing but just another obsticle that puts fans off going to games.

I agree, last time I was there they also wanted £10 for parking.

Livi were awful at the weekend and were lucky to beat Raith in the cup.  Hoping they struggle again v us.  But they are sitting in 5th so likely favourites to win.

I'm feeling a shock win for us, love a smash and grab.  Don't forget where weve been all season, 12th until recent weeks so would take a point, but just imagine what 3 points would do.

Still looking around us and their fixtures, really dont want Hearts to win. StMirren will get beat.    BIG BIG GAME!

56 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Game 22 of 33.

This and Saturday's  game will go a long way to determine if we can catch top six.

Must win both.

I get the feeling that getting into the top six is going to be the only way to stave off the threat of relegation this season. It is very tight at the bottom and surely Hearts can't continue to be rotten.

really hard one to call, this. It's one of those, no matter what the outcome, you could say "I'm not surprised."

Unless we were to score six, maybe. That would be surprising...

It feels like we've been on the mend for quite a while now - how many unbeaten - but we still don't actually seem that resilient. It's hard to summon up much confidence.

However, I'll say a win, by the odd goal