Testimonials

Ginger Bakers rebel army

Think Murray(Well deserved) joined in 2009 so should be due one now, any announcements on this as I can't remember seeing anything. 

After Murray, who's next, Zanders been around since 2011 but don't know when he turned pro, assume that's when the 10 years starts. 

Liam. Had a spell at Hibs but seems to have been around for ever, don't know what liams position is, may be discretionary because of the break in service, anyone know. 

Any others on the horizon? 

Roddy got one despite a break in service (and maybe someone can correct me but I don't think his years at the club even added up to ten at the time), so I don't see why Liam wouldn't too. Murray Davidson technically had a break in service too, although he didn't play for anyone else in between.

Frighteningly, Chris Kane would be due one in two years if his Wikipedia dates are accurate.

I still say Peaso should have been given one - not sure why he wasn't.

I do wonder if the matches are still worth holding, though. The standard of opposition we've been able to attract for them has grown increasingly B-list over the years and I think that's been reflected in some of the turn-outs.

I worked for my last employer for 22 years, no time off, always on time and got a gift from my colleagues and a meal at an Indian restaurant, Why the f#ck should 2 bit players he any different.  Players nowadays lies off at the first better offer. Thanks for your service, on your way.

8 minutes ago, GMac said:

I worked for my last employer for 22 years, no time off, always on time and got a gift from my colleagues and a meal at an Indian restaurant, Why the f#ck should 2 bit players he any different.  Players nowadays lies off at the first better offer. Thanks for your service, on your way.

22 years with no annual leave?? Why?

As for testimonials, I'd imagine there are quite a lot of differences between your former position and a footballer's, but really it's up to each fan to decide if they want to contribute to these things or not, which is surely fair enough.

My only testimonial was Dougie Baron's.  I like the idea of holding them for recognition of loyality but not sure I'd make the effort to attend, have not in the past, do the players really need my cash more than I do.  I'd rather see a post match game of 7s across the pitch after a real 90 minute game.  Eg a show boating game of skill and laughter with no tackles as a cool down.   Then gift the parker pen at the end.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

22 years with no annual leave?? Why?

As for testimonials, I'd imagine there are quite a lot of differences between your former position and a footballer's, but really it's up to each fan to decide if they want to contribute to these things or not, which is surely fair enough.

He likely meant no days off absent due to illness.he didn’t mention annual leave dude.

3 hours ago, GMac said:

You getting grumpy as you get older? 

6 hours ago, GMac said:

You forgot to mention that you worked beside the most amazing person you've ever met :cool: