ejksjfc

Cracking game. The way we played in the second half & the chances we created was undoubtedly our best performance of the season so far.  Those two goals for Stevie will do his confidence the world of good. His effort from 40 yards was May of old. Ok it’s disappointing to concede late but if we can replicate that type of play, energy & tenacity for the rest of season we can start looking up & worrying less about what’s below us

Second half was the best we have played all season, just that lack of finishing chances again bit us in the proverbial. Thought being forced into a back four actually worked for us and booth while not attacking threat like Tanser was steady at the back and a far better defender and linked well with spoony.

whole outfield  team were great and thought front two worked well together, if Motherwell can get 1.7m for the boy Scott, saints should be looking for hell at lot more for McCann and he starts every week unlike their boy, heading to the top and was everywhere today, spoony and Liam Craig were excellent and Liam getting in their faces is what we need.

Think we need a new keeper next year, Clark is going backwards, distribution is awful, slow getting down and rooted to his line when could help the defence by coming out and taking it, the second goal enough said.

but if we play like that the rest of the season should be fine.

12 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

Been on a flight all day so just picked up the result and reading all of the comments sounds like it was a really good game. Brilliant to see Stevie getting a couple should really boost his confidence going forward

Best match I’ve seen at MickDermid in years. I’d you were a neutral you’d be raving about it.

In years to come we'll look back on this as one of the best performances from a TW Saints team. Injuries to Gordon and Tanser forced formation and personnel changes and the choices made by the boss were a masterstroke.

Best of the season from May, Spoony, Liam, Kerr, MOH, Ralston and Booth. McCart a tremendous signing. And I could go on all night about McCann.

Apart from the two obvious moments in the first half that was a momentous shift by everyone.

Second half performance best in a long time. Could and should have won comfortably but team need to take confidence and play with same grit, determination and skill going forward.

only negative for me was Xander - kicking was dire in first half and he should be made to watch the second goal until he realises that a goalkeeper must own his six yard box.

McCann is growing by the game and thought Spoony and OHalloran were first class. Steve May - this is what he does - it's just taken a wee while for the confidence to return; brilliant performance.

just hope TW keeps the formation and encourages the high energy approach. Hind sight wonderful thing but if he'd had some he wouldn't have subbed  May - though I understand why he did it !!

I know this will cause criticism, because there's a few Zander fans. But... never been convinced by him. I think it's mostly mental- he is a big lad and should dominate. Sod this palming crap- fricking catch it. I've looked back at his saves and when not palming it to onrushing opposition, he's making Andy Rhodes look like a pretend fat dwarf (with a fancy watch) in terms of his over reacting to basic saves. And before anyone goes on about "modern goalies are an outfield player" yes, i agree, they can set up attacks. Distribution zero. He needs some serious Tommy love. Goalies should own the 6 yd box. As for Gordon, if it is concussion,  mandatory 2 weeks. If it's something else... bad. Good luck to him.

Edited by Melbourne Saint

16 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I know this will cause criticism, because there's a few Zander fans. But... never been convinced by him. I think it's mostly mental- he is a big lad and should dominate. Sod this palming crap- fricking catch it. I've looked back at his saves and when not palming it to onrushing opposition, he's making Andy Rhodes look like a pretend fat dwarf (with a fancy watch) in terms of his over reacting to basic saves. And before anyone goes on about "modern goalies are an outfield player" yes, i agree, they can set up attacks. Distribution zero. He needs some serious Tommy love. Goalies should own the 6 yd box. As for Gordon, if it is concussion,  mandatory 2 weeks. If it's something else... bad. Good luck to him.

I was Zanders biggest fan was sure he was due a Scotland call up but this season he just seems to get worse by he game. His confidence is definitely shot. Even when he makes a decent save he usually spills the ball.

8 minutes ago, Kinnoull Kicker said:

In which case expect to lose more goals like the second one today! He must be 6 5 so what's the problem in aggressively collecting / punching cross balls -. Doesn't make sense to me.

I haven’t seen the game back yet as I only got home at at 1930 but assumed he collided with someone on the way for the ball. He looked sore after the goal. 

7 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I haven’t seen the game back yet as I only got home at at 1930 but assumed he collided with someone on the way for the ball. He looked sore after the goal. 

7 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Nor have I but from where I was sitting he made a real mess of it. As a general point though his handling of cross balls has been consistently poor for some time.

6 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Often players make a reaction when they've stuffed up. Goalies are especially prone to mental "burn out". They have little to do for the majority of a game, then need to switch when called on. It's a tough gig. You need to be mentally tough. Look at England! Their goalies are like gelatine in a microwave. You need to be tough.

52 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Tommy doesn't believe a keeper should command his box.

Well is that a critism of TW, or Zander? First things first. A goalie should be arrogant. He's a big unit, with arms outstretched that adds 3 foot to him. He needs to dominate his defense so they believe in him, and opposing teams think "any cross ball is going to be snapped up". He isn't doing either. 

We proved today we can play football & not treat the ball like a hot potato &get rid &as far away as possible.

I think a lot of that is down to McCann. He is comfortable on the ball ,can,tackle,win headers & score goals. The guy has everything & pace as well.

I think seeing McCann do it encourages the others.

21 minutes ago, Cagey said:

We proved today we can play football & not treat the ball like a hot potato &get rid &as far away as possible.

I think a lot of that is down to McCann. He is comfortable on the ball ,can,tackle,win headers & score goals. The guy has everything & pace as well.

I think seeing McCann do it encourages the others.

I said before that getting McCann on a 3/5 year contract is worth 5 signings. Credit to the club. He's a £3m player. 

The fans were as good as the team today.

Best home support for singing for absolute years. Today a twelfth man ...fantastic.:cool:

Big appeal to all supporters in London, Manchester, Dublin, Belfast  etc...we need your voices over the next few weeks. Be the  twelfth man!!

Come and get behind...your team.

We are Perth. Come on Ye Saints!