Scottish Cup Q/F 29/2/2020

Cagey

9 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Was hoping for extra time to tire them out.  Some extreme naivety from them after equalizing,  For some of their players and fans, this will be a massive psychological scar.

If we play like we can, we can do this. Let's get right behind the boys from the first whistle.

Your treble is on a shaky peg Celtic!

Come on ye Saints!

When Celtic got their late equaliser I was delighted thinking too that they would be going to extra time. 

McGregor and Forrest were kept quiet and we must try to do the same with these two and drag this game in to the late stages. I always think theses games take a toll physically and mentally so lets hope this result gives us another wee help. 

We have a chance, it's will be very difficult but attitude and our game plan will go a  long way to deciding this game.

Edited by SaintJet

2 hours ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Liking the positivity here but realistically this is a massive kick up the proverbial for them. They will come out the traps all guns firing. We will have to weather the storm otherwise we may be blown away - could be another tanking. 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/neil-lennon-calls-for-strong-response-from-celtic-after-europa-league-exit/

4 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

If teams press them like the Danes did and sevco did before new year they are vulnerable, but if we sit back like the last couple of games they will destroy us, so same kind of effort as last Sunday’s sevco will help.

Quite right, despite their dominance Celtic have had two weaknesses all season.  One is their dodgy defence, but as you say they have to be pressed.  They other is their wastefulness in front of goal, 15 attempts last night - 1 converted,  30 against Killie - 3 converted.  Hope they keep that up!

COYS

Big decision will Tommy play 3, 4 or 5 at the back.

I would like to see 4:4:2 that leaves the decision who to play at right back. possibilities: Duffy, Kerr, Gordon or Wright. From those I would play Kerr and leave Gordon and McCart in the centre with Booth on the left.

We might as well go for it, If we lose heavily a least we can say, we tried rather than submit to keeping the score down. 

34 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Big decision will Tommy play 3, 4 or 5 at the back.

I would like to see 4:4:2 that leaves the decision who to play at right back. possibilities: Duffy, Kerr, Gordon or Wright. From those I would play Kerr and leave Gordon and McCart in the centre with Booth on the left.

We might as well go for it, If we lose heavily a least we can say, we tried rather than submit to keeping the score down. 

I'd rather we tried to win the game than just pointlessly attack them tbh.