St.Johnstone V Motherwell - Wednesday 12th February

SaintJet

Another important fixture.

I recall coming back from fir park last year after a real drubbing and for the first time in a lot of years I feared for our continuation in the top league. We were bottom of the league. I was as low as I could be as Saints fan for years. Since then we have addressed our weakness and started to turn the ship in the right direction. If we can pull out a win against this top 3 team we should be able to look forward to  the rest of the season with some confidence.

With Hearts going to Celtic, Hamilton hosting Aberdeen and Kilmarnock hosting Rangers, there's a fair chance of results going our way. 

Focusing on just ourselves though, I'd be happy with a draw - every point gained at this stage of the season is valuable.

I know people may say we should start looking upwards but we're by not out of a relegation battle yet.  

C'mon you Saints.

2 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Is the game likely to go ahead whats weather like up there ??.

zero issues with the weather, the odd flurry of snow/sleet every now and then but its not lying at all.  Forecast tomorrow is actually pretty good so I would say there is zero doubts surrounding the game. 

Really hope we come outfighting for this one and lay down a marker. We have enjoyed a good bit of form recently and there is no reason we shouldn't make home advantage count. Motherwell are a decent outfit but if we match them in the middle I fancy us for a win - we're long over due against this lot.

Team on the same lines as Aberdeen game with Kano getting a start behind May.

Presumably the Ormond stand is closed tonight. Had a look at the tickets online. Does this mean you dont get the family ticket prices of the Ormond. Adult and 2 kids. So I just pay full price and kids go free. Was hoping to get in cheaper taking the wee lad since no school tomorrow.

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson is anticipating a tough game in testing conditions at McDiarmid Park, but is optimistic about his team's form over the course of the next few weeks.

"Another tough one, we’ll have to cope well with St Johnstone's physical presence, they’re on a good run but we’re not frightened of anyone on our day." he says.

"We have to make sure we play to the conditions and the pitch, and when we land on the ball, create the chances that matter.

"Aberdeen have overtaken us but if we get something out of the game tonight, we go into two very winnable games next.

"We have to cope with a pitch that isn’t great but that’s not an excuse, it’s the same for both teams and we’ll make sure we manage it as best we can."

I hope we pump this mob. Big physical St Johnstone pish.

1 minute ago, garydavidson said:

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson is anticipating a tough game in testing conditions at McDiarmid Park, but is optimistic about his team's form over the course of the next few weeks.

"Another tough one, we’ll have to cope well with St Johnstone's physical presence, they’re on a good run but we’re not frightened of anyone on our day." he says.

"We have to make sure we play to the conditions and the pitch, and when we land on the ball, create the chances that matter.

"Aberdeen have overtaken us but if we get something out of the game tonight, we go into two very winnable games next.

"We have to cope with a pitch that isn’t great but that’s not an excuse, it’s the same for both teams and we’ll make sure we manage it as best we can."

I hope we pump this mob. Big physical St Johnstone pish.

What the fcuk is he going on about the pitch if you can play on their midden with the slope you can play anywhere