Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Liam Craig in papers today saying he wants another year to get a crack at Andos No 1 Appearance record 

Need 16 more to become new record Appearances top dog

After the last 3 games there is no chance Liam won't get another year especially as he does a lot behind the scenes & he is well respected.

Even if he doesn't get off the bench very often he will be worth the wage.

Anyway we have to keep him involved to take over when Callum gets his big move.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

After the last 3 games there is no chance Liam won't get another year especially as he does a lot behind the scenes & he is well respected.

Even if he doesn't get off the bench very often he will be worth the wage.

Anyway we have to keep him involved to take over when Callum gets his big move.

Deserves it.

17 hours ago, Cagey said:

Brian Easton been offered another contract with Hamilton . Saints thought he was finished when they let him go.

5 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I would have given him another year's contract

I take it we're just ignoring the fact the club did offer to extend his contract that Summer but he rejected it to sign for Hamilton?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4209758/st-johnstone-tommy-wright-brian-easton-contract/

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I take it we're just ignoring the fact the club did offer to extend his contract that Summer but he rejected it to sign for Hamilton?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4209758/st-johnstone-tommy-wright-brian-easton-contract/

Wanted to go back to the club he started wae

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Did we? The article does not state they offered him a contract,

“We have started speaking to Easty." “There is a desire to offer him something."

The desire may not have come to fruition or if they did it could have been a reduction in salary or something else which was less than the contract he was on. Easty may have wanted to stay but got a better offer from Hamilton.

When I stated "I would have given him another year's contract" I would have given him an acceptable one.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Did we? The article does not state they offered him a contract,

“We have started speaking to Easty." “There is a desire to offer him something."

The desire may not have come to fruition or if they did it could have been a reduction in salary or something else which was less than the contract he was on. Easty may have wanted to stay but got a better offer from Hamilton.

When I stated "I would have given him another year's contract" I would have given him an acceptable one.

He had played about 1 game in 18 months, was 31, and had already been replaced.

Why would you give him the multi-year deal, on the wage of a regular starter, which is presumably what Hamilton offered him?

It's fine to look back in retrospect and see he's done sort of alright as a CB for a side continously in the bottom two, but it's a bit weird when we have 3 better CBs, and 2 more reliable LBs, in the squad than Easton was at that time.

32 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I hear what you are saying but please point out where I said multi-year 

You said we shouldve offered him an "acceptable offer". 

He rejected our 1 year deal, and accepted Hamiltons 2 year deal, so any "acceptable" offer would clearly have to more than one year.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

You said we shouldve offered him an "acceptable offer". 

He rejected our 1 year deal, and accepted Hamiltons 2 year deal, so any "acceptable" offer would clearly have to more than one year.

You are going round in circles and making ridiculous conclusions. Look back at my posts and no where do I say or indicate more than 1 year but that's what you do try and bend comments to suit your your arguement 

12 hours ago, Johnny B said:

You are going round in circles and making ridiculous conclusions. Look back at my posts and no where do I say or indicate more than 1 year but that's what you do try and bend comments to suit your your arguement 

He rejected a 1 year deal to sign a 2 year deal.

What would you have offered him that he would deem "acceptable", if he wouldn't accept a 1 year deal, and you're saying you wouldn't offer him more than a 1 year deal?

Loved Easton when he was here but we've done really well in finding both Tanser and Booth as our options for left-back and Easton would never have had the legs to fit into the wing-back system we've shifted to since he left. Undoubtedly he'd have been useful back-up for our defence but part of what made Hamilton's offer preferable was probably that he'd get more opportunity to play regularly with them.