Unsung Saints Hero's

Melbourne Saint

Is there any recognition of those that work behind the scenes? I'd be really interested to know their story, and the extra effort they put in. They should equally be honoured at end of year PoTY, Players player etc. Could be a waged employee, casual or volunteer. Someone that goes that extra mile. I'd like that, not just for their effort, but to learn what they do. Thoughts?

I'll go first...Groundsmen work magic to get games played. Not just head groundsman, his volunteers. Don't know who they are, but brilliant job. I know HRM prisoners get used to clear rubbish from the stands, so unsure if an inmate qualifies, but what the hell. Amy McDonald? Her tit spat with TW may have helped galvanise the squad. But she's manky. But she does deserve a TW effigy sent.

8 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I'll go first...Groundsmen work magic to get games played. Not just head groundsman, his volunteers. Don't know who they are, but brilliant job. I know HRM prisoners get used to clear rubbish from the stands, so unsure if an inmate qualifies, but what the hell. Amy McDonald? Her tit spat with TW may have helped galvanise the squad. But she's manky. But she does deserve a TW effigy sent.

At least of them posts here. 
His username is alphabet soup so I won’t try naming him. 

Edited by Pat McGroin

Hi Melbourne. At meetings of the St Johnstone disabled supporters association we’ve had guests from the club or linked to the club such as the chairman, a director, the manager, players, ex-players, coaches, youth coaches, Saints in the community staff, ticket office, SLO, physio, groundsman, kit man, football administrator, hospital radio, car park attendants, safety officer, media officer/marketing, catering manager, stewards and many others (a guest at each meeting). Apologies to those I haven’t recalled. All told of their role within the club and answered unscripted questions, some speaking for the whole two hours! Maybe next time we can invite our new head of football operations.

Although our numbers are few, over the years we’ve had a privileged and interesting insight into how things work. Meeting these people puts a lot of the criticism the club receives into perspective, albeit there is always room for improvement.

50 minutes ago, andrew said:

Hi Melbourne. At meetings of the St Johnstone disabled supporters association we’ve had guests from the club or linked to the club such as the chairman, a director, the manager, players, ex-players, coaches, youth coaches, Saints in the community staff, ticket office, SLO, physio, groundsman, kit man, football administrator, hospital radio, car park attendants, safety officer, media officer/marketing, catering manager, stewards and many others (a guest at each meeting). Apologies to those I haven’t recalled. All told of their role within the club and answered unscripted questions, some speaking for the whole two hours! Maybe next time we can invite our new head of football operations.

Although our numbers are few, over the years we’ve had a privileged and interesting insight into how things work. Meeting these people puts a lot of the criticism the club receives into perspective, albeit there is always room for improvement.

No prisoners there then.

Beside the statues of Geoff Brown and Tommy Wright there must be one for Paul Smith for all he's done for Saints. I appreciate he was in paid employment (and understand he's back in another capacity) but he was spinning a lot of plates (and not on the catering side).

Our SLO Beve does an amazing job as do the staff in the ticket office.

All the Saints in the Community team do a great job. A really nice environment for the kids to go along to and train and play a fun game of football without any pressures at a young age. Kids get lots of encouragement from the coaches and you can see it boosting their confidence. 

We should also be giving the kit man a wee shout out in appreciation after the weekends substitute miscommunication.

21 minutes ago, Rob said:

All the Saints in the Community team do a great job. A really nice environment for the kids to go along to and train and play a fun game of football without any pressures at a young age. Kids get lots of encouragement from the coaches and you can see it boosting their confidence. 

We should also be giving the kit man a wee shout out in appreciation after the weekends substitute miscommunication.

Was it miscommunication ,maybe he meant it.

6 hours ago, Rob said:

Do the prisoners from Friarton still clean the stands? Prisoners use to clean Muirton and McDiarmid years ago but wasnt sure if it was still the case.

They sure do. Not from Friarton anymore as that was knocked down a few years ago but from Castle Huntly. Not there for just the stands anymore they work there all week. Also in many work places throughout Tayside.