St.Johnstone V Livingston - Saturday 7th March

SaintJet

3 minutes ago, cristo said:

Well we certainly didn't keep it on the deck. Horrible game of football but a massive win.

Well what can I say.

Both teams guilty of not playing it on the deck, which ended up a bit of a lottery in the swirling wind.

However the one bit of quality ended with a goal.

No Hendry no party.

15 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Well what can I say.

Both teams guilty of not playing it on the deck, which ended up a bit of a lottery in the swirling wind.

However the one bit of quality ended with a goal.

No Hendry no party.

I think they just dragged us into their style of play Hoodlum. I'm not convinced we deserved to win but Livi certainly got what their tactics deserved. SFA.

Wasnt pretty. Livis tactis to slow the game down to snails pace and just long throws into the box. The ball was in the air for most of the game. Pretty horrible to watch. Ref ruined the game and made it very stop start with some very soft decisions. Their left back was fast so we didnt have much joy down the right wing until Drey's cross that lead to the goal. Great result and a fantastic turnaround this season.

Very happy with that, 3 points is precious. Strange how things have gone this season. We were in trouble to the break, now have a great run. I prefer it this way, as opposed to a great patch 1st half of season, then fall away. Hibs will be a corker, hope we get a few through. Craig back. Thought TW's formation was interesting,  but shows we have a squad to play different setups. God knows what he'll play v Hibs. Maybe a 3-2-3-2 again. Looked like Hendry had a hip niggle at end. Hope he's ok.

1 hour ago, double deluxe said:

Dreadful game of football but a huge three points.  Jamie McCart absolutely outstanding, what a signing. 

Yeah,was disappointed when Kennedy went to Dons but if he didn't we would probably not have got McCart in January. I think he is the main reason our season has turned around since then.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Yeah,was disappointed when Kennedy went to Dons but if he didn't we would probably not have got McCart in January. I think he is the main reason our season has turned around since then.

That’s doing a bit of a disservice to existing players. Our recovery started away to Kilmarnock on 4 December 19. That’s when Gordon and Booth began to play instead of Duffy and Tanser. We were undefeated in December.

McCart has been doing well, but I’m not sure he’s the main reason. More of a team/squad effort.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

A combination of things has turned things around, you do wonder if Kennedy leaving has forced other players to step up though.

We seemed to channel everything through him. Now that we no longer depend on his ability to run at defences others are getting a chance to be more involved.

But the main thing was sorting the defence.

40 minutes ago, slf said:

Nice to see an increase in attendees 3008.

most excellent.

With Livi bringing 2 men & a dug the Saints support must have been near the 3000. Is this a sign of the football we have been playing since January ?. Will they be back after yesterday though.

20 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Reporter says that scouts from Wolves,Cardiff & QPR were at the game looking at McCann & Dykes but they wouldn't have learned much.

Who is Calum Davidson with these days ?

he was at the game watching the ball being blootered high in the sky .couldnt have learned much.

Nice 3 points to move ahead of Killie setting up an interesting few games before confirming the split.   Really hope we make top 6 so to silence the board following the public comments of over spending, and needing to cut costs as under achieved.  Come on lads

20200309_001016.jpg

Really resilliant performance on Saturday. Livi are a very physical team and are extremely well drilled - our defence had to be on their mettle all game but came through with flying colours - McCart has been a brilliant addition to the team and Jason looks like getting back to his best.

Praise also to Zander who has had a rough time recently but he has had a few vital saves for us lately and looked really sharp on Saturday. I mentioned that McCann was pretty ragged on Wednesday against St.Mirren but it was business as usual for him Saturday; he is an oustanding young player and his understated quiet industry in midfield keeps everything ticking over whilst probing for that killer pass.

That was a great result on Saturday and when you consider our start to this campaign - if we were to beat Hibs and win our game in hand we would be on the same points as our visitors on Saturday and they have been mentioned in lofty discussions as the possible team of the season - quite remarkable! 

Edited by SaintJet