Chelsea looking at buying controlling interest in Scottish club

mainstand

22 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Reports in various newspapers that Chelsea are looking at purchasing a controlling interest in a Scottish Club. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8087409/Chelsea-looking-buy-Scottish-club-youth-player-rules.html

Surely their assistant manager will be pointing them in the direction of Saints. 

Hopefully not.

8 hours ago, Dave H said:

Just cos we play Liquidator, made Jody Morris the man he is now...  why would we get involved with some dodgy business?   

They'll buy Rangers for a £1.

Suspect rangers as the Club involved may not be a bad shout, King is obviously stepping down so possible opening.

I would hate this to happen. Man City used to be a great club, close to their fans, a proper bond. Now look at them - plastic and fake. All the success in the world doesn't hide the fact the soul was ripped out of the club. Please never let that happen to us. I'd rather be back in the Championship or League One than that.

1 hour ago, sleepless said:

I would hate this to happen. Man City used to be a great club, close to their fans, a proper bond. Now look at them - plastic and fake. All the success in the world doesn't hide the fact the soul was ripped out of the club. Please never let that happen to us. I'd rather be back in the Championship or League One than that.

It's not comparable in the slightest. 

We wouldnt be Man City in this situation, we would be the equivalent of Melbourne City/NY City. A "sister club" used to get around FFP through some tactical transfers (Man City buying Aaron Mooy from Melbourne City for nothing, then selling him to Huddersfield on loan with £10m option to buy history days later, helped City and FFP as they made £10m profit).

Chelsea are facing sanctions for "stockpiling players". All we would be doing is getting their reserves, being forced to play them. If any happened to turn into a star, and say Celtic wanted to spend £5m on them, then the process would be St Johnstone selling him to Chelsea for peanuts, who would then sell him to Celtic for £5m.

I'd imagine Patrick Thistle would be a better bet. Better transport links to London, and didn't their owner die recently?

With Brexit making it more difficult for these types of arrangements between English clubs and those in Europe, I wonder whether more clubs will be looking to do this.

Edited by Linky
x

10 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

This just sounds like the Football equivalent of Money laundering. Not keen at all but could be an escape route for an owner looking to make an exit.

Not money laundering, more doing what all the multinational companies do, moving money around avoid tax etc