The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

1 hour ago, saintgscot said:

Or let’s forget the pre season friendlies and use the remaining games to complete the season and pre season friendlies all in one. See our new players in proper action if we have any.

I don’t think we can play new players in these games. 

Hearts could sign a new team and escape, for example. 

We’ll have to move the window I reckon 

33 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Aye Business as usual

Without business we have no jobs .

With no jobs we have no money.

If we have no money we pay no tax .

If we pay no tax we can't support the wider community.

I could go on.

Perhaps you might prefer to live under Putin , reputedly the richest man in the world who has angled to be president for life & no one can stop him.

I have to say, I’m left leaning SNP, but this isn’t time for playing politics. I roundly applaud the Tories for what they’re doing. Been very impressed with Sunak.

Businesses need to have the confidence that finance is in place to retain staff and stay open. It’s essential to sort that first. 

I fully expect some sort of payments for individuals, sole traders etc to be announced in due course. I’m a big fan of UBI and this is the perfect time to trial it for 3/4 months I reckon. 

THe season should be completed by a giant game of subbuteo.

all clubs should have a player picked to represent their team.all players to be  togged out in face mask and anti virus stuff .it would all be televised to supporters .

That way you could complete the season in a weekend.then we can all go on an isolation holiday until next season.

3 minutes ago, slf said:

THe season should be completed by a giant game of subbuteo.

all clubs should have a player picked to represent their team.all players to be  togged out in face mask and anti virus stuff .it would all be televised to supporters .

That way you could complete the season in a weekend.then we can all go on an isolation holiday until next season.

Best suggestion I’ve heard yet. Not sure Zander will enjoy having that huge stick up his arse, though.

22 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:
On 3/17/2020 at 1:36 PM, saintgscot said:

Not sure how accurate this is but I suppose we will find out in a week.

7E6B101F-7BC8-418B-A8A0-E083DB710171.jpeg

https://twitter.com/theclumpany/status/1240220626348134400?s=21

Outstanding statement from Nairn.

I reckon Saints could comment along similar lines given the above figures (if accurate) and, the clubs historic policy of generally following the FFP path over the years.

There's one club in particular could be in trouble in the not too distant future. 

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Without business we have no jobs .

With no jobs we have no money.

If we have no money we pay no tax .

If we pay no tax we can't support the wider community.

I could go on.

Perhaps you might prefer to live under Putin , reputedly the richest man in the world who has angled to be president for life & no one can stop him.

Think that one went over your head cagey. 

Would rather live under Putin than this crap Comrade.

If they extend the season there are going to be all sorts of rules and guidelines that will need to be relaxed. The rule about players only being allowed to play for two clubs within one season, for example, could really hamper clubs' attempts to replace the players they lose at the end of their contracts. I'd think transfer window dates might have to be relaxed too. It must be a very worrying time for players who are about to go out of contract. I wonder if Saints will be ceasing all contract talks until everyone knows what's happening. It might actually be in Saints' interests to get players tied up on deals now, while there's so much uncertainty and there's unlikely to be much competition for their signatures.

My prediction would be that the authorities won't want the legal repercussions of ending the season prematurely, so will do everything they can to find a way to finish the remaining matches. I reckon we might see this season's matches completed in late summer, but that next season's League Cup (and possibly Scottish Cup) will be cancelled, and also that there will be no European competitions. I think a drastically reduced international calendar for the next year would also help.

Some folk will shout me down for this but here goes
And it's not meant to be political, so don't take it they way
I work in a Cafe and my wife in Bar trade (Saints Club Stewardess) 
So?? How can you tell pubs, Clubs, Cafes etc to stay open but tell everyone not to go to them?? Bonkers beyond belief!! 

Bands cancelled, Events cancelled. The lot. How to businesses get through this, such a grey area. You either tell places to close or tell public to carry on as near as normal as they can you can't have uncertainty like Boris and his cronies have concocted 

If the government orders venues (pubs,clubs,cafes,restaurants etc)to close each one of these venues I believe would be obliged to claim off their insurance for loss of income.Thus likely causing most insurance companies to go bust trying to pay out claims.But if the government encourage venues not to close yet tell the pubic to stay away the venues go bust.Lose lose situation.

10 minutes ago, Saline Saint said:

If the government orders venues (pubs,clubs,cafes,restaurants etc)to close each one of these venues I believe would be obliged to claim off their insurance for loss of income.Thus likely causing most insurance companies to go bust trying to pay out claims.But if the government encourage venues not to close yet tell the pubic to stay away the venues go bust.Lose lose situation.

They reckon a huge percentage of businesses won’t have cover for loss of income due to a pandemic, so I’d be surprised if that turned out to be true 

43 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

They reckon a huge percentage of businesses won’t have cover for loss of income due to a pandemic, so I’d be surprised if that turned out to be true 

Don’t know if they would be claiming for loss of income due to pandemic as such it would be the order from the authority that would give them grounds for a claim hence the government are so hesitant at issuing such a demand.

6 hours ago, Indicator said:

Nairn is a fantastic place to live, great community spirit. 

The team manager Ronnie Sharp is a local roofing contractor with  Nairn in the blood, helped me a few times with my lead roof, couldn't be better. 

The ground is a 5 minute walk from the High Street pubs, closest is Uncle Bob's, a day at the football in Nairn hasn't changed much over the years.

Folk all over Scotland will pull together to help each other as much as possible, Nairn is a great example of that. 

1 hour ago, Saline Saint said:

Don’t know if they would be claiming for loss of income due to pandemic as such it would be the order from the authority that would give them grounds for a claim hence the government are so hesitant at issuing such a demand.

That’s what’s being said. Not all insurance is the same. People obviously take out different types of cover and loss of earnings for a pandemic often isn’t covered it seems.

Im guessing a generic policy covers fire, burglary, flooding etc. 

The Insurers association issued a statement saying the current situation does not trigger business disruption insurance. Then a couple of hours later the Government said they had told them to change this, and they had agreed. I think it’ll only become clear once the first claims come in. But something is going on - otherwise, how do you explain the UK being, I think, the only country that has not mandated pub etc closures - but said you shouldn’t go in them! It makes no sense in terms of transparency, business confidence or public health.

Bear in mind insurance companies also take out insurance against paying insurance. So Christ knows who eventually loses out. With a bit of luck, it will be Richard Branson. I have a feeling however that, as with the banks, it will be us.