Morais or McLaren

pavel

Who do you Start? Morais or McLaren?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OOOH, good question. I wasn't at the game this evening, but from his recent flashes of inspiration and his ten minutes of magic off the bench on Saturday, Morais has more than staked his claim for a starting place. However, would he be able to maintain that standard for a whole game? Would it be fair to drop McLaren?

I'm not even convinced that Hardie should start ahead of either of them, move him inside and play with two wingers, dropping Mensing either to right back or the bench. Mind you, in doing that, you would lose the level of energy either of them can bring of the bench, that and I doubt Coyle would drop Mensing anyway.

Long point short, and as present form dictates, i'd choose Morais over McLaren. However, strength and stamina should be brought into question.

I personally would like to see Morais play in place of McClaren for a few simple reasons. I rate McClaren and think that he will do a job for Saints over time but it doesn't take a genius to work out that Morais is at the moment the better option for the team. Arguably just as quick as McClaren, definately more talented and appears to understand the basic principle of being a winger, head down run top speed at the fullbacks, hit the byline swing it in. Oh yeah, he can chip a shot or two as well!!

Granted I though McClaren did well on Saturday but i wouldn't have played him. Unless I am mistaken and am prepared to be proved this, is he not left footed? Therefore meaning that any decent wanting crosses have to delivered with him coming back in on himself? Against a team like Hamilton he has the time to do this and provided a couple of good crosses against SPL sides will he be given that kind of time. I serioulsy doubt it. Playing McClaren on the right is like trying to put a square in a circle hole; despite the great intention it just won't fit.

Having said that, as another post has said, OC has got it pretty much spot on so far for the cup games so we can but hope.

I think player X deserves a shot on the right wi.....erm...wait, sorry, wrong thread :oops:

I'd play Mr Morais. He's shit hot... and I'd play Willie Mc©laren ;) on the other wing too me thinks. Get sheerin out for a bit. He's looking a bit out of sorts just now.

I'd play Mr Morais. He's shit hot... and I'd play Willie Mc©laren ;) on the other wing too me thinks. Get sheerin out for a bit. He's looking a bit out of sorts just now.

That's exactly whay I'd say.

Philipe Philope was fantatstic last night... not sure he'd last 90, but defo worth a good hour!

Worth a starting place now. McLaren had one or two good games on the right but lost that consistency due to the cup games and wasn't as effective in that position against Hamilton.

Worth playing the two wingers against Motherwell especially if McManus doesn't make it. Morais seems to be growing in confidence so definitely worth a starting place

Back to the old 2-3-5 and how fitba' should be played. Oh how I wish.

Tricky wingers with pace are always exciting. I don't see them much nowadays but our wish to have a winger has been granted and OC has players who could do so. Ronaldo and Robben stand out in England but they're foreign players. I don't see many coming through in Scotland or England from our own young players and this is not really a new phenomenon, it's been happening for a long time.

When I first started watching Saints as a kid I just caught the end of Bobby Brown's team which ad Ally McIntyre (right) and Bobby Kemp (left). Then I witnessed the best in Kenny Aird (right) and Fred Aitken (left) which was phenominal. Pelosi, Maskrey a nd Moore were good too.

I too would like to see more combative forwards who attack the defender and leave them for dead. Connolly did that through the middle too. By the way Alf Ramsay didn't like JC since he dropped him - mad.

No offence, but what a boost for confidence this will give our best left winger at the moment (IMO of course!)

McLaren is playing well in what is a complete unknown and un-natural position for him. Surely the question polled should be

McLaren and Sheerin

Morais and Sheerin

Morais and McLaren

As it currently stands, I think Sheerin is looking tired and unimaginative recently. Worth trying the double M midfielders?

Might be a more indictive poll.