Songs To Describe Events At Hamilton

W_Bruce

I'm now coming to terms with life in the first division again.....my mates keep singing the Take That song..."It Only Takes A Minute..." i.e. to lose the league....so that's got me thinking about songs about last saturday....i'm singing the 'The La's' There She Goes... Does anybody have any songs that might put a smile on my face?....ps don't know how my mates know a Take That song (Honest!)

"Always look on the bright side of life" :)

Must say I sang that maudlin classic - 'My Old Friend the Blues' by the

Proclaimers

Just when every ray of hope was gone

I should have known that you would come along

I can’t believe I ever doubted you

My old friend the blues

Another lonely night, a nameless town

If sleep don’t take me first, you’ll come around

’cause I know I can always count on you

My old friend the blues

Lovers leave and friends will let you down

But you’re the only sure thing that I’ve found

No matter what I do I’ll never lose

My old friend the blues

Just let me hide my weary heart in you

My old friend the blues

• 1 month later...

On that awful night we had to go out and play a gig ! We did a song called One More River Still To Cross and dedicated it to Saints fans everywhere. The following week we played the Tulloch and mentioned it again before we played the song. Didn`t think anything of it but now we get asked to do "that Saints song" everytime we go back there as well as in a few other pubs in the town. We`ve only got a live version of it just now but hope to record it later on in the year, might even put in another verse about Saints. You can have a listen here www.myspace.com/boozendaze . Sound is a bit ropey as it was recorded live down in Preston but you`ll get the idea :-)

JR

Mind you - a song which is getting all too familiar with our league campaigns .... Daft Punk - One More Time

No, No, NO...you can't associate that with that feeling! One of my favourite songs which sends me into a wee world of my own at the dancing cannot be tarnished!!!

Although, i don't know what sends me into my own world more though - that or T-Rex???!:shock:

I'm a geek - on the way home from Hamilton i had one of Texas' songs going over and over in my head.