St Johnstone Bad Boys XI

Guest Nairn Saint

Guest Nairn Saint

We've had our share of crackers over the years who have had a minor indiscretion or two to tarnish their image, such as :

Derek "failed a late fitness test" Robertson who sometimes had difficulty walking past the Railway Club without stopping before a game. He also claimed to have "thrown" an end of season game for financial gain later in his career.

Marco McCulloch, part time stock car driver in Edinburgh.

Georgio and that erse Kevin Thomas for sticking twenty pound notes up their nostrils.

Keigan Parker for ruining Jade Goodey's reputation.

There must be others.....

Alex Totten. For his bitter and not-very-reputation-maintaining interview to the press after he was punted. Remember the grey toned photos of him under the Christamas tree with his wife, not enjoying Christmas at all "because of that evil Mr Brown". Not terribly dignified or honourable Mr T...

Herts

Guest Nairn Saint
Alex Totten. For his bitter and not-very-reputation-maintaining interview to the press after he was punted. Remember the grey toned photos of him under the Christamas tree with his wife, not enjoying Christmas at all "because of that evil Mr Brown". Not terribly dignified or honourable Mr T...

Herts

Being a Totten fan, as I'm sure the majority of us were, I think I have conveniently forgotten that piece which did disappoint me at the time.

That reminds me! Muzz's favourite manager John "backstabber" McClelland. He's in.

Sandy 'chip on shoulder' Clark who loved to vent his anger at being hard done by Saints when he was a regular on Sportsound on Radio Scotland. The best bit was when Billy Stark came on as a guest commentator a few days after being sacked by us and Sandy thought Billy would enjoy a game of having a go at the Saints board, only for Billy to disagree with Clark and said he understood the reasons why he was sacked and refused to criticise Geoff. That shut Sandy up!!

Guest Nairn Saint
John Pelosi ( nuff said!)

Tam Wilson - nutter from the 60's - once had to be physically ejected from Muirton when under suspension

Who on earth was Tam Wilson? What did he do?

Pelosi has qualified for a few of these selects. I presume this nomination is for THAT assault on Brown?

Guest Nairn Saint

Andy Rhodes for tossing an award into a sink in disgust at a Saints supporters do in Barossa St because he thought he should have got first prize.

Being a Totten fan, as I'm sure the majority of us were, I think I have conveniently forgotten that piece which did disappoint me at the time.

Time's a great healer in that respect. A few of us were lucky enough to spend an evening listening to Alex Totten, and then having a wee chat with him, at a fundraiser earlier this year. He's a gent and refuses to say a bad word against Saints or Broon.

He even brought his scarf with him :-)

Time's a great healer in that respect. A few of us were lucky enough to spend an evening listening to Alex Totten, and then having a wee chat with him, at a fundraiser earlier this year. He's a gent and refuses to say a bad word against Saints or Broon.

I remember when he came along to the Don McVicar quiz night and spoke highly of his time at Saints and made the point of coming round every table and speaking to Saints fans

Guest Nairn Saint

Alex Alex give us a wave... He never failed!

Legend.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Both Gary Elder and Paul Hannigan (reserve players of the 80's) got arrested at Montrose for being involved with hooliganism with the MBS, whilst on the club's books...

Also in this set of 80's reserve players was Gary Maher, big brother of Martin Maher, and he was recently in the local papers involved in an incident involving a hammer to make someone get cash out of cash-point for him... I'm aiming to make a Bad Boys XI for 80s reserve players... has Jim Buttars, Wullie Newbigging or Craig Mailer ever been bad boys?!?

I'm aiming to make a Bad Boys XI for 80s reserve players... has Jim Buttars, Wullie Newbigging or Craig Mailer ever been bad boys?!?

Craig Mailer's a prison officer so he sorts the bad boys out!

Gary Farquhar should be an addition here. Spent his afternoons in the pub and was a regular in That Bar, usually with George O'Boyle before Georgio eventually gave it up, presumably to venture into the white powder. Gary once came into the pizza place I worked, p***ed out of his face at 5pm

Jimmy Gauld played for Saints (briefly) in the 60's. He ended up doing 4 years for match fixing.

Quote-James "Jimmy" Gauld (born 9 May 1931) is a former Scottish footballer who became notorious for being convicted of instigating the British betting scandal of 1964.

Born in Aberdeen, Gauld played for Waterford United, Charlton Athletic, Everton, Plymouth Argyle F.C., Swindon Town, St. Johnstone F.C. and Mansfield Town before his career was ended by a broken leg. Unquote