St Johnstone Bad Boys XI

Guest Nairn Saint

Gary Farquhar should be an addition here. Spent his afternoons in the pub and was a regular in That Bar, usually with George O'Boyle before Georgio eventually gave it up, presumably to venture into the white powder. Gary once came into the pizza place I worked, p***ed out of his face at 5pm

I passed Farquhar regularly in the street, he lived very near me. He was always very pleasant but did get done for drink driving. In all honesty there's not much to do in Perth when you have lost your licence is there?

Anyway we all hate Davie Irons right? I also remember that on the park, Paul Ramsey was an animal in a tackle but I think Graeme Souness and "Oh my leg" Kuznetsov would have Harry Curran in there! :laugh:

Wullie Broon gets my vote. I remember watching him flying through the air at Muirton, just about in line with the half-way line . He seemed to be airborne for what seemed an age, he took the player approximately waist height with both feet.

When he landed he stood up cleared both nostrils, as only footballers can, and kept walking up the tunnel....dead hard, didn't even wait on the red card!

The next week(I think) there was a rumpus behind me in the main stand: when I looked back the aforementioned Mr. Brown was being restrained,and still swinging at someone!

I don't think I saw him in a Saints strip again.

When at Vet College my meat hygiene lecturer said he still had bruises on his legs from playing against Drew Rutherford! As if.......:-)

• 6 years later...