Owen Coyle and Motherwell

soulfulsaint

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just on the motherwell fans forum there, and some of them are saying hes been lined up as the manager already, even before Malpas was sacked!

Isnt he in the far east right now?

I dont see him moving to Motherwell as he would be joining a team in decline, and leaving a team on the up

It would be silly, he will stay!!

Did you miss the photo of him with David Weatherston on the Official Site yesterday! :shock:

Radio Clyde suggested he was favourite when they announced Malpas had left a couple of hours ago.

Am just back home from Austria, still getting my bearing haha!

Still think it would be a stupid move for OC

Guest Nairn Saint

I honestly don't think this make sense for Owen Coyle at this time. 'Well could go for Craig Brewster who would jump at the chance of getting back into management. Billy Stark wouldn't be a daft choice either!

Yep radio Clyde are saying that Scott Leitch is the assistant and OC is favourite to take over as boss.

I highly doubt owen would leave us, but if he did is he not more likely to take SS with him as his assistant?

as i said, i doubt he would leave a club on the rise for a club in serious decline.

Motherwell forum does not make good reading. Lots of folk claiming they know 100% Coyle will be the new boss.

Evening Times states:

Former Motherwell midfielder Scott Leitch will be installed as temporary manager, but it is believed he will become No 2 when a new manager is appointed.

Speculation today named that new boss as the former Motherwell striker and current St Johnstone gaffer, Owen Coyle. He has performed well at the First Division club and is highly-rated within Fir Park for what he has achieved on a low budget.

Coyle would relish the chance to work in the SPL and is a good friend of Leitch, who resigned as Ross County manager last month.

Have to admit I don't have a good feeling about this.

I dont have a good feeling but surely he wont????????????????????

i highly doubt he will. it's pure speculation.

how many times have there been posts even on here which were based purely on speculation which turned out to be crap?

i can understand why he was linked with the job but i really doubt he would swap us for them.

If this was all stitched up before Malpas got the sack, why did OC spend so long convinving Weatherston and his parents that he should sign for Saints???

Mind you, if someone on a fans forum says its a done deal then it must be true! They are NEVER wrong!!:D

i can understand why he was linked with the job but i really doubt he would swap us for them.

I'm not saying he will either but they are in the SPL. OC knows himself how hard it is to get out of this league and will only one team coming down from the SPL, and Gretna and St Mirren arguably weaker than M'well, he has a better starting position.

Sure, we'd probably do ok in the SPL but our problem is trying to get there.

It's strange as when he was linked with Dunfermline in November, I didn't want him to go but didn't think it'd be the end of the world. Now I really hate to think about next season without Coyle in charge.

I dont have a good feeling but surely he wont????????????????????

To be honest I'm more worried about the trip to Finn Harps than Motherwell. Owen's folks are from Donegal so we should watch them like a hawk.

Jim Hamilton wouldn't get a game for them and they have never been in administration. You have been warned.

As much as I would love Coyle to stay, we already have a perfectly able replacement sitting in the number 2 position anyway. Motherwell would have to pay us some cash to get Coyle as well which could fund our return to top flight football. I doubt its true but its not all doom and gloom if it happens.

I cant see him going there. It was reported on radio tay not that long ago.

From their website:

St Johnstone manager Owen Coyle is being linked with a return to former club Motherwell folllowing the departure of Maurice Malpas. Malpas and his assistant Paul Hegarty decided to leave Fir Park after just 1 season in charge following talks with club owner John Boyle. Coyle who led Saints to 2 cup semi finals in a campaign where they came within seconds of the First Division title, still has 2 years left on his contract at McDiarmid which club officials believe he will honour.

Unlikely this will happen in my opinion. Would be a silly move for Coyle. There are many opportunities to manage crap SPL teams, this is just another one of them.

He has to have another go at promotion with St Johnstone.

Hearing from impeccable sources inside the club that Owen has knocked Motherwell back. Credit to him for seeing the many upsides of staying at Saints, Credit to them for going through the appropriate channels. Hope they go for Stephen Kenny now.

This is great news. Shows the relationship he has with Geoff and what he thinks he can achieve with Saints.