The Backroom Staff

HeronAddict

Do you feel changes need to be made behind the scenes at McDiarmid?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would say we need an experienced 1st team coach, Jim lacks the experience and if he loved Saints as much as he says he does, he would do whats right by them and step down. He can come back when he is ready.

I would go for an experienced SCOTTISH number 2, picked by Owen.

I would keep the under 19 coach as they are doing ok. I think the youth seems to be developing well.

I like HA idea on another thread, if you aren't getting rid of Jim, use what you have and let TC help them out a bit with the 1st team.

I fully expect to get shot down for this suggestion.

When Owen came in i initially thought he would bring a number 2 with him - he opted for Weir. A bad start i'm afraid.

Weir is not the man for our number 2 job (some may argue he just needs experience - i don't think so!) but he should be away learning his trade elsewhere. The post saying if he loves saints he should leave sums that up for me.

I thought about somebody like Tiger Tony Doc fae United at the start of the season and joked with him when he was in the chippy he should team up with OC but now i think it would be an ideal time for this - he could lose his job tomorrow. If not tomorrow then fairly soon i would imagine with the way Unitit have been playing. :oops:

From the times i have seen him coaching and working with the team i would have him here in a minute. I rate him highly, don't think he'll be a manger in his own right, but a great number 2, and he certainly has experience.

Whaddaya think?

I want Tiger Tony :!: Please! :)

Coyle takes the actual first team training, Jim Weir works a lot with the young boys. I see comments about TC coming in and helping, Bear and Soccer Chic will be able to confirm this but is TC not helping out with the squad at the moment and in the dugout on some occassions?

Is Tony Docherty doing the first team at United :?:

Coyle takes the actual first team training, Jim Weir works a lot with the young boys. I see comments about TC coming in and helping, Bear and Soccer Chic will be able to confirm this but is TC not helping out with the squad at the moment and in the dugout on some occassions?

He was yesterday in the dugout.

He was yesterday in the dugout.

He used to do the youth teams, a job he did at Falkirk under his SFA community post.

I see he took on first team coach when Chisholm got the managers job but again he has Dodds and Chisholm above him.

One experienced man that is looking for a job at the moment is Jim Duffy. Years of experience.

Sorry Mainstand I refrain from posting on threads about my Dad, as I find it hard to bite my togue. His best attributes I inherited, his lovely temper and family loyalty. :wink:

Sorry Mainstand I refrain from posting on threads about my Dad, as I find it hard to bite my togue. His best attributes I inherited, his lovely temper and family loyalty. :wink:

No I am not criticising him and I don't think anyone is. It's just someoine said they should use his experience more for OC, but I thought that they were starting to do this. He's one of the good guys!!

Need fresh ideas - cant take corners, throw ins or free kicks - on edge of box yesterday - screaming for fotheringham to hit it as its about the only thing he can do - he walks away to leave it to the owen and scotland show - throw ins - anderson to stevenson up the line all the time and if we get a flick on nobody wins it - corner kicks outswinging no pace to kevin james whos runs are being blocked - WE HAVE ONE GAME PLAN AND NO OTHER IDEAS IF THINGS ARE GOING WRONG

Interesting Mainstand you say Jim spends his time with the Young Boys. Aren't they meant to train in the afternoon also?

The last time I seen them out in the afternoon was in November with TC. Surely this should be on a daily basis not just if TC is in to take them. Isnt he just part-time?

Bring in someone else more experienced to work with Coyle. This person should be Coyles choice.

Tony Docherty would be a good move. He's mates with OC and has gained a fair bit of experience with Falkirk, Dundee Utd youths and was promoted when Gordon Chisholm got the manager's job. And he stays in Perth, or used to.

I don't think the partnership with OC and Jim works at all and they never actually talk to one another during a match. OC's either screaming instructions to the players or seeking advice from, usually, Atholl Henderson meanwhile, Jim stands at the side of the dugout less animated than Billy Stark :shock:

Either Tony or at least someone to give the players a huge kick up the arse and get them working properly. I've seen most of the players in the gym and they usually work reasonably hard at what they have to do, or what they are limited to. Mark Paston comes in, sits on a bike for a while, puts in a bit of effort then stands motionless watching tv and no one says a thing!

Touche. Experience. Totally agree with this suggestion.

In my opinion Jim Duffy is rubbish - I don't think he's ever done anything remotely impressive as a coach.

As I've said in another thread, I would like to keep both Coyle and Weir but add an experienced coach (preferably a foreign one) to the staff. The club should set aside a significant salary for this individual, and look into the possibilty of advertising the vacancy abroad, and also informing European agents of the situation.

As I've said in another thread, I would like to keep both Coyle and Weir but add an experienced coach (preferably a foreign one) to the staff. The club should set aside a significant salary for this individual, and look into the possibilty of advertising the vacancy abroad, and also informing European agents of the situation.

Why a foreign coach?

Most Clubs are getting away from the idea that everything foreign is best. How many foreign coaches are there in Scottish football?

...and why an experienced scottish coach? I'd bet my last buck that you'd all be wanting a young coach with fresh ideas if we were in the position now but with an older guy in place. My goodness some of you guys and gals have worked yourselves into a wee frenzy this last few days. There are too many knee-jerk reactions in life - I don't want to see them at saints.

As another of our members keeps saying - keep the faith.

When saints were relegated they got rid of the best youth coach in Scotland so he went to Hibs along with half the youth team, the ones that were not punted that is. TC is doing great to get some of the kids that he has now but i do think his experience would be better in the dugout.

As far as I know they didn't 'get rid' of Alastair Stevenson but had to let him go as part of cost-cutting plans following relegation

As far as I know they didn't 'get rid' of Alastair Stevenson but had to let him go as part of cost-cutting plans following relegation

Did he not get the offer from Hibs first, which the club said he could take up if he wanted to, thus releasing a wage. Am I right?

coyle should of been free to pic his own assistant at the start of the season not just be dumped with jim weir because hes been with saints for along time because it looks like u all agree hes not good enough

I though Coyle did pick Weir as his assistant? If he didn't then he shouldn't have accepted the job if it involved working with people he didn't choose.