"Dodgy Keeper" chants.

t

Bit strange and disappointing to hear the Saints youth team players, who were sitting in the home stand, chanting "dodgy keeper" towards Alan Main after the goal today.

Young lads having a laugh maybe but annoyed me, especially as they were dressed in their Saints tracksuits - bit naff really.

Bit strange and disappointing to hear the Saints youth team players, who were sitting in the home stand, chanting "dodgy keeper" towards Alan Main after the goal today.

Young lads having a laugh maybe but annoyed me, especially as they were dressed in their Saints tracksuits - bit naff really.

hope he reads this and pokes them all in the eye

And you culd see this from the saints end??

I think these comments might come back and haunt you. He persisted in punching the ball yesterday when cathing it would have relieved the pressure on the defence and as a result the defence got jittery.

Our defence last season was lot lot better with Cuthbert who has be dumped once again.

I think Main will cost us in the long run, we will see if he is shite come May 08.

Main has undoubtedly pulled off a few saves that have saved our skins this season, particularly in the Raith and Dundee matches, so it's difficult to then go onto criticise him. However, I think his decision making is dreadful.

What really annoys me is that Cuthbert has taken so much abuse for being lobbed in the past due to poor positioning. However, I've seen Main lobbed at least three times this season because he has been standing so far off of his line when the opposition have got onto the ball.

People can only make excuses and blame the defenders so many times before they have to accept that some of the blame has to lie with Main.

Mains decisions to punch the ball a few times yesterday were justified, he had to go through a few players to get it to safety.

Cuthbert would just have stood on his line when faced with the same decision, Main has been playing fine apart from two stupid throw outs, one against Dundee and the one against Clyde yesterday.

In terms of solving whats wrong with the team theres no point in looking at Main because he has been good so far.

Give Cuthbert the jersey for the Partick game and lets see if he,s better. If he is then give him a run in the team and give Main some bench warming duties. Might focus his mind a bit better and help him realise he aint indispensable..............

I agree bring back Kev, Main has been a liability.

Change in goalkeepers must be thought about. Strikers are rotated for not scoring goals, and i think we are in a fortunate position to rotate goalkeepers.

I would def be dropping Main as he has just walked into the team, when I think Cuthbert is a fine keeper and performed well last season (when we were reasonable)

Main was a fans favourite before he left, but I would be confident to say that his best days are long past. He is now an experienced keeper worthwhile keeping. But Cuthbert is as good, if not better.

I think these comments might come back and haunt you. He persisted in punching the ball yesterday when cathing it would have relieved the pressure on the defence and as a result the defence got jittery.

Our defence last season was lot lot better with Cuthbert who has be dumped once again.

I think Main will cost us in the long run, we will see if he is shite come May 08.

Think you might want to take a moment to read over some of the things that were said about cuthbert from last season. he is no saviour.

I doubt that Muzz. How long has Main been in the game now ? & hasn`t learned to kick the ball within an area of 80 to 100 yards & continually gives away posession.

I asked BH recently to point out what Cuthbert had done wrong last season & he came back with the general peseption that we had no confidence in him.

He may have done better at the freekick against Hibs & we saw on the tv replays that he did not touch van hessledick but he is a steady keeper who has seen off 4 or 5 keepers over the past few years.

Main can`t cocentrate on the game for playing up to the crowd. His 8 months out of the game has had a major affect on him.