SHERIDAN

MUZZ

Muzz whatever you were on last night can you drop some of it off in Paisley? :wink:

IMHO

I think Sheerin should be centre midfield, there are alot of fans get on his back because he cannot do the full shift on he left flank, it is a difficult position to play and a hard shift and he probably cannot handle it every week although IMHO he hs done the job as best he can and for me done it well with his limited capablities, but IMHO we need someone with a big engine to get up and down the any flank.

My main point is Sheerin in the centre, it is his position and he should stay there, he has played there 3 times now (I think) and been superb every time, my worry is that Sheridan wil come in and Sheerin will be pushed left again. Sheerin should stay there.

Sheridan is an amazing player and battles ard in midfield he may not be a creator all the time but he sure as hell works hard and looks like he cares about the result.

And as i still find amusing he wins the most headers in the middle of the park. The guy is superb and he always puts in a hard shift to try and stop anything coming through the middle.

Sheridan has probably prevented at least 8 goals. Most of Sheerin`s goals have been from the penelty spot . Taking penelties is Sheerins only good point as he can`t tackle,run,head & loses posession too often.

Can`t understand why he was playing yesterday after his displays in the last 4 games.

Sheridan is by far our most effective player as has been highlighted by the last 4 weeks.

Sheridan has probably prevented at least 8 goals. Most of Sheerin`s goals have been from the penelty spot . Taking penelties is Sheerins only good point as he can`t tackle,run,head & loses posession too often.

Can`t understand why he was playing yesterday after his displays in the last 4 games.

Havering rant????How many penalties has he scored?

Sheridan is by far our most effective player as has been highlighted by the last 4 weeks.

Possibly true

That hs not been highlighted in the last 4 weeks, we were not getting results when he was in the team before his suspension.

Sheridan has played poorly lately, that was even admitted by many in threads before his suspension.

It certainly was not highlighted on Saturday when Sheerin and Mensing were superb in midfield.

Sheerin IMHO should stay in the centre, far more productive than Sheridan will ever be in there and before I read any crap about that not being Sheridan's job, then he should not be in the centre but deeper and let the real playmakers take control.

But that is what is supposed to happen John... Scrappy Doo protects the defence, Sheerin makes the play, but it's not really been that way.

It does not happen that way because he is the only one in the centre of midfield, he should be deeper and play behind Sheerin or someone.

Alot of people compare him to Lennon, but Sellick would never dream of playing Lennon in the centre of midfield therefore pushing Petrov wide.

Lennon does play in midfield... just deep, like a diamond... two wide men and an attacking and a defending midfielder. If Saints had a man playing well as an attacking midfielder, then I don't think we'd have an issue as Sheridan could do the defensive role... as it happens we haven't consistently had that, forcing Sheridan to come that bit forward, so that we have at least some showing in the centre.

Lennon does play in midfield... just deep, like a diamond... two wide men and an attacking and a defending midfielder.

The thing with Celtic is the wide men play in the middle and only go wide when they have the ball to allow the defensive midfielder to support the attack by being an out ball should the attack be held up. This can only work if we have the players, which, perhaps Stevo excepted, we don't. A narrow diamond still needs width created by the full-backs and Sheridan would be good for the holding role that Lennon does for Sellik.

The thing with Celtic is the wide men play in the middle and only go wide when they have the ball to allow the defensive midfielder to support the attack by being an out ball should the attack be held up. This can only work if we have the players, which, perhaps Stevo excepted, we don't. A narrow diamond still needs width created by the full-backs and Sheridan would be good for the holding role that Lennon does for Sellik.

Not denying that Chopper, but it falls on the fact we have not had a good consistent attacking midfielder... those you'd expect that from have lets us down with a lack of consitency.

Another point about Celtics midfield. They can get away with a shallow midfield with Lennon because they dont have to play through it. They always have some big numpty up front (Hartson et al) who they can punt to in desperation. This means they can afford to run with 3 real midfielders and lennon. We unfortunatey cant do that (though we try anyway). Maybe if we had a big striker our midfield would not look as big a problem?

bollocks. scrabble is. if only he could prove it :evil:

If we got another decent attcking midfielder then sheerin would be dropped and theres is a few that are affordable for us,am not saying he's bad just that he is not consitent enough.

Better midfielders than sheerin.in the league i cannot think of a better deep midfielder in the league ! :!:

All time playing career

Club From To Fee League FA Cup League cup Other

St Johnstone 31-05-2005 20 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 1 (0) 0 3 (0) 0

Clyde 01-07-2004 31-05-2005 Free 29 (1) 2 4 (0) 0 2 (0) 0 0 (0) 0

Oldham 12-07-2001 01-07-2004 Free 72 (17) 3 8 (0) 0 4 (1) 0 8 (0) 0

Wigan 02-07-1999 12-07-2001 Free 50 (8) 3 1 (2) 0 5 (0) 0 5 (0) 1

Barnsley 12-08-1993 02-07-1999