A massive discussion about Keith Chegwin...

Saintkev

I got a multi-coloured swap-shop scarf in Primary Three and then saw him on telly wearing one that night and was amazed that he had the same scarf as me... not realising the obvious link until a couple of years later...

Was thinking of trying to sell the scarf (still have it) on e-bay, marketing it as the perfect scarf for the many glory-hunting gits out there who have more teams than hot meals...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheggers favourite colour is green and his favourite tipple is apple juice. It used to be Brasso but on waking up after a particularly heavy session he realised he was married to Maggie Philbin and swore off it for life. He now has his own crafts and pottery workshop in Wiltshire where he whiles away the days making imitation swap shop mugs for the Saturday retro market in Calne. He no longer plays pop - Ever.

You can find more info on the self proclaimed legend at:

http://www.keithchegwin.com/

(Real Website, I shit you not!)

When prisoners were moaning about having to slop out saying it was degrading etc, Chegwin started a counter-movement claiming if they "can't do the time, don't do the crime"...

It was later pointed out this catch-phrase was already accredited to notorious prisoner hater Danni Minogue, so Chegwin rebranded... "Cheggers Says Slop".

He provided porridge vol-au-vants (sp) at the launch... comedy genius!

He is nothing compared to Jerome Flynn. Mone the Flynners.

Chegwin once met Jerome Flynn... Chegwin queued for hours to catch a glimpse of Flynn tuning on the Christmas Tree Lights on in Plonour Lanverne, a small village in France, and Flynn, on seeing Chegwin exclaimed, "How are you son?".

Chegwin was too in awe to reply. Shame really!

Jerome Flynn has a very interesting website Simon, I often frequent it when in need of a boost... but Jerome has been discussed in great detail previously, this thread is not about an A List Celeb of the top-order, nope this is about Keith Chegwin and he knows it as he signed up to read all about himself... he goes under the name of SainteeBrian... when asked what he thinks of these tributes he e-mailed... "ijfew;oih fulk ioh f;knroih."

Indeed!

I was once getting out my bed and I put the kettle on then went to open the curtains and there was Keith Chegwin. :shock: :shock: :shock: He was next door trying to get inside there for "The Big Breakfast". I then closed my curtains and went back to bed and said to my ex-wife "Keith Chegwin's outside". She didn't believe me as usual. :rolleyes:

Keith and Jean Claude Van Damme have never been seen together in the same place at the same time fuelling rumours that they are one and the same person.

When asked about this speculation Cheggers gave a cheeky wink, an enigmatic smile and said 'Mijn lippen worden verzegeld'!

What a Guy!

who is Keith Chegwin?

:shock:

He is the Chubby God of 'Variety'

Like Ally McCoist but Cheekier

Like Divine but Chubbier (and slightly less likely to urinate in you mouth, but only slightly)

Like God but more-so

Like Mad Dog but 40/40

The term Awe Inspiring was coined about Keith when he was filmed foraging for food on desert island discs!

Everyone who is anyone has Keith's autograph INCLUDING Jerome Flynn and his sidekick Ronnie Corbett.

Chegwin attended the Scottish Cup semi final between St.Johnstone and Celtic last season as he did not fall victim to the "No twats allowed (NTA)" rule. Chris Moyles did. Because he is a t***.

When asked to comment about this Cheggers replied;

"Who?"

this is about Keith Chegwin and he knows it as he signed up to read all about himself... he goes under the name of SainteeBrian... when asked what he thinks of these tributes he e-mailed... "ijfew;oih fulk ioh f;knroih."

Indeed!

This is turn means that Derek Mcinnes and and Keith Chegwin are one and the same, which answers a lot of questions. Derek Mcinnes' Naked Jungle anyone? :neutral:

He's like Jesus Christ the Saviour, only Chegwin's better because he's not a fictional character from a children's book.

:lol: Brilliant!! This deserves to be on an old firm forum.

Chegwin loves nothing more than smearing toner cartridge dust onto page twelve of Asterix Books in mobile library vans. He told me this at the reserve game tonight.