Muirton Park Photos Before/During/After Demolition

Sir Albert Tatlock

any more pics of during games? late 80's if poss.....

No, These are only a small selection of the ones that I took of the demolition. I kept a camera in the car and everytime I went past, I went in and took a couple of pictures. Now that its about 20 years since the demolition Im glad that I took them.

Been up recently taking pictures of Ainslie Place etc as its on its way to being history too. :cry:

No, These are only a small selection of the ones that I took of the demolition. I kept a camera in the car and everytime I went past, I went in and took a couple of pictures. Now that its about 20 years since the demolition Im glad that I took them.

Been up recently taking pictures of Ainslie Place etc as its on its way to being history too. :cry:

fair do's mate, aye muirton aint gonna be about much longer yer right. a lot of its gone already.

I used to go to my local club when spurs were away (Edgware Town) and the stadium was similar to Muirton and was a nightmare. Had loads of happy memories of the games there and a lot of them rose tinted but, looking back, the terraces were shite and so unsafe. White Hart Lane was better but you had to make sure you stood with your back to the crush barrier to stop yourself getting cut in half. Yes, terracing was good fun in hindsight but in reality it was so dangerous. Saw too manhy folk with crush and fall injuries

I've edited all the photos in this thread so that they're now all separate and are of a decent size for the net. The previous sizes were far too large.

Great photos though! :)

Thanks for that. They are a lot more pleasing on the eye now.

Surprised that St Johnstone did not bring out a publication of the demolition and the building of McD.