Stirling Albion vs. Saints 26/12/07

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wore oot the edge of ma seat!

What a lot of rubbish. Saints never looked like scoring. Albion, on the other hand, looked threatening second half.

Poor game. Poor conditions. Poor referee.

Too many long balls. Too many wayward passes.

Waste of time and money.

Entertainment value - nil.

Abysmal performance. 433 is crap. Too many long balls. One good 10 minute spell in first half was all we saw of Saints playing football. Poor stuff, Derek.

It was poor stuff but what that misses out is how bad the pitch looked, how bad the weather was and the wind that was diagonally down the pitch.

Not a great result but at least is not a defeat and we pcked up a point on Dundee.

Stand by for the usual barage of that was crap Mcinness posts tonight.

I live in Stirling. Went to see Albion v Hamilton (2-4) a few weeks ago. Hamilton ground out the win and overcame Albion by sheer strength and determination. Albion had a brilliant last 30 minutes that day. Six goals, great entertainment.

Today Saints ground out another draw, and had no strength or determination. Lucky Albion didn't sneak it - their keeper had nothing to do all day except one save from a header.

A totally inept showing from Saints today and in truth we were probably lucky to leave with a point. No complaints about McInnes going with the same side but the lack of fight and urgency was there right from kick off when Albion nearly cut our defence open with a few unchallenged passes straight from the start.

Our midfielders weren't prepared to battle enough for the ball or take the hits, although that wasn't too unsurprising considering the lack of protection given from Freeland, who is a terrible referee. I guess we are lucky for once that he didn't cost us anything although I thought he denied Stirling a stonewall PK when Anderson bodychecked the lively McKenna.

About five minutes before half-time McInnes switched Jackson and MacDonald and for the first, and only, time we looked in control and dangerous. In the second half Alan Main was forced to make two excellent saves whilst we didn't really come close to scoring, we certainly didn't open up Stirling like we did Livi on Saturday.

Really I can only say Peter MacDonald got pass marks for us, everyone else was disappointing and it's really frustrating that we can neither take our home form into away games or string any sort of consistency together.

Being generous, the conditions didn't help and Albion adapted much better to them but their midfielders were prepared to take the ball down and capable of doing so. Like I said, ours weren't prepared to and even when they tried too often gifted possession away.

Not looking forward to the trip to Broadwood on Saturday now where we'll face another physically testing game and I doubt we'll be up to and I doubt our discipline will either

That was crap McInnes

It was a jammy draw as well, after Sheerin was subbed we had no midfield whatsoever, and Stirling completely outplayed us- the only thing that prevented a 3-0 loss for us was their unbelievable ineptitude in front of goal.

The weather was bad, but the same for both teams and the pitch wasn't that bad at all. We managed about two shots at goal, and were holding on at the end.

Absolute rubbish in front of a huge travelling support.