Saints vs. Raith Rovers 15/01/08

Scobby_SJFC

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stuff. Maybe Gordon Brown should write a book when he retires called "Bristling With Success" since -

Raith Rovers have actually won a cup! :shock:

(That was a great game to watch with Raith beating Celtic in the final of the League Cup t Ibrox and Charlie Nicholas heard to say "This is totally unbelievable")

Interesting stuff. Maybe Gordon Brown should write a book when he retires called "Bristling With Success" since -

Raith Rovers have actually won a cup! :shock:

(That was a great game to watch with Raith beating Celtic in the final of the League Cup t Ibrox and Charlie Nicholas heard to say "This is totally unbelievable")

WHAT.......Do you actually mean Charlie Nicholas got a complete sentence out !! WOW

....and is a place west of Kirkcaldy where the Battle of Raith was fought in 596.

Although it lends it name to many entities in the region, Raith is not itself a settlement.

In the Wikipedia entry for Kirkcaldy, Raith is listed under "Areas of Kirkcaldy". My brain hurts.

Mair nonsense trivia really but.... sure we went about 28 years unbeaten at Starks park from 1971 onward - our GREAT team of 1971 lost a Scottish Cup 3rd Round Tie there 4-3 (i remember being a wee laddie and just coodnae believe we'd lost to a team a Division below us !) but we didn't lose to them again till I think a Boxing Day game in the late 80's (??)

The thing is during those years we always struggled to beat them in Perth !! - including a 3-1 League Cup Quarter Final defeat after a 1-1 Draw at Starks.

Glad I'm no superstitious..........

The thing is during those years we always struggled to beat them in Perth !! - including a 3-1 League Cup Quarter Final defeat after a 1-1 Draw at Starks.

Glad I'm no superstitious..........

That 3-1 defeat was by a really good Raith team. I remember going down to Raithon my own in the car (others were working or on holiday) one wednesday night in August in the early 80's and we beat them 4-0 and I'm sure that was the League Cup but it might have been the League.

is anyone expecting the pitch inspection to pass?? as in dunfermline and its still freezing here dont know what its like in perth

Hopefully they still have the heating on which should help.What I want to know is what happened to the heated (?) blanket thingymajig.Do we still even have it and if so was it used as well. The weather forecast I watched last night said it was going to get very, very cold last night , but Saints seem to have not expected it to be so cold.......?????????

Will be sooooooooo disappointed if the games off:cry:

Hopefully they still have the heating on which should help.What I want to know is what happened to the heated (?) blanket thingymajig.Do we still even have it and if so was it used as well. The weather forecast I watched last night said it was going to get very, very cold last night , but Saints seem to have not expected it to be so cold.......?????????

The blanket was made redundant when we got undersoil heating in. Unfortunately ti looks like the temp was too cold even for the heating which is why there's an inspection.

ISTR the undersoil heating was required for the SPL while the balloon was apparently more effective.

I seem to remember something about it being sold to a fabulous club from down south, based on the Wirral on the correct side of the Mersey?