Saints vs. St Mirren 08/02/08

MUZZ

Watched them training today. Worked very hard on breaking from end to end and alot of work on very quick set pieces.

James and Ruti were centre halfs having to defend wave after wave of attack from Craig, Rocco, Sheerin, Peaso, Savo and Jacko.

Think that tells me who will defo be starting and also how Del expects Midden to play IE Stifle saints and ask us to break them down.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, its at Gleneagles. Not sure why they can't do it at McD but Platini and co are having to leave the game early in order to make the draw at 5.05pm

Which is yet another brilliant football motivated decision - lets not do a football draw anywhere near a football ground on the main day that football is played and lets have it before fans, who have just been supporting their teams, can get home to watch it themselves:mad:

Guest Nairn Saint
I've just checked and he is listed in their players. We were his first club out of ten. Says a lot for him sticking at it all those years and being in the SPL the last three years.

I remember him as a former club captain being spat on by one of our heros during a home game which was very unfortunate to say the least.

I think we've got every reason to be confident about this game. The St. Mirren squad doesn't seem to have changed al that much from the first division days and if anything they are a lot weaker upfront than they were back then. Sutton is gone, Kean only has one goal to his name, Dargo hasn't scored yet and their top scorer is Billy Mehmet who is rank rotten. Saints on the other hand are probably the healthiest we've been for years in terms of strikers and we have the added benefit of a home game and a (largely) winning mentality.

3-1 Saints.

Last Ten Against St.Mirren:

St.Mirren 0-1 Saints 29th April 2006

Saints 0-0 St.Mirren 11th February 2006

St.Mirren 0-0 Saints 17th December 2005

Saints 0-1 St.Mirren 23rd August 2005

Saints 1-2 St.Mirren 20th August 2005

Saints 0-0 St.Mirren 7th May 2005

St.Mirren 1-1 Saints 19th February 2005

Saints 1-0 St.Mirren 18th December 2004

St.Mirren 2-1 Saints 21st August 2004

Saints 1-3 St.Mirren 8th May 2004

Last Ten Against St.Mirren:

St.Mirren 0-1 Saints 29th April 2006

Saints 0-0 St.Mirren 11th February 2006

St.Mirren 0-0 Saints 17th December 2005

Saints 0-1 St.Mirren 23rd August 2005

Saints 1-2 St.Mirren 20th August 2005

Saints 0-0 St.Mirren 7th May 2005

St.Mirren 1-1 Saints 19th February 2005

Saints 1-0 St.Mirren 18th December 2004

St.Mirren 2-1 Saints 21st August 2004

Saints 1-3 St.Mirren 8th May 2004

There's not been a lot of goals between the sides mainly due to their tactics.

Gotta give this game a real go.On past encounters it,s likely to be a low scoring game with a draw a major possibility.They will be well up for it and we must keep it tight at the back, but not to the detrement of our attacking play.I don,t want to be saying "if only" at 4.45pm tomorrow...Lets give it a great go Saints, lets get a win and lets get back to Hampden......

Come on you Perth Saintees....

Hello girls, I'M BACK.

It's been a while since I plunged to the depths of the diddy divison forum, but I thought I should correct a few inaccuracies that have been posted.

well at least we will not be crying on the last day of the season again.

Correct - you won't have to wait that long - you'll be crying tomorrow.

The Ronaldo View Of St.Mirren:-

Who the hell was Mirren anyway? As Saintkev points out as often as me they are the Buddies and not the Saints.

St Mirren (Mirin) did actually exist (Saint Johnstone? don't think so) and Buddies are patrons of Paisley The team and the fans have always been the SAINTS - before you lot even existed.

We're due to give the Paisley blacknecks a humping in Perth, it's been a while since we done them over good and proper.

Something you'll still be saying ten years from now.

I think we've got every reason to be confident about this game. The St. Mirren squad doesn't seem to have changed al that much from the first division days and if anything they are a lot weaker upfront than they were back then. Sutton is gone, Kean only has one goal to his name, Dargo hasn't scored yet and their top scorer is Billy Mehmet who is rank rotten.

My god - how those words will come back to haunt you. Mehmet will lay them on Dargo will bury them.

Nothing else to see here - please return to your sheep - 'CAUSE YER SEASON'S OVER.

Cheers from the PANDA.

PS

Stick yer bamboo up your arse.