Was " The Pack " Perth's first ever gang?

Sir Albert Tatlock

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some would say obsession others might say exploring our history, heritage and cultures.

......... of social groupings of human mammals being territorial within the Perth area.

The greatest musical of all time was made about gangs and turf/territorial issues (The Sharks & Jets). The fitness of the actors and the choreography was phenominal, genuis really. Here is the opening scene after the long intro over the sky line of 60's New York and then it zooms down into one area -

i was in a pack in my younger days, the 53rd Congregational Church cub pack... ocht, what a laugh we used to have.

Our sworn enemys were the boys brigade at the north church who used to meet at the same time on a friday night. We used to stand across the road from each other and look menacing until Akela told us to get into the church hall. I guess that Akela was the leader of our Pack.

As i got older I left the Pack behind and left it for the children for whom it was meant for...

Looking back now i get quite nostalgic for these days... i guess this must be what it is like for all these other packs too...

i was in a pack in my younger days, the 53rd Congregational Church cub pack... ocht, what a laugh we used to have.

Me and another guy who will remain nameless were thrown out of the cubs for breaking the collar bone of the Cub Master's neck while swinging on ropes playing the game "Islands". It was baltic having to walk around eery Monday after school until 5:30 before I could go into the house and kid on that I'd been to the cubs because my mum had bought the uniform and I didn't want her to go mental.

The Chattan's, MackIntosh's & Kay's had a bit of a scrap around 1396. Does that qualify ? :D:D:D

Don't forget Hal Of The Wynd who was such a nutter he asked who was fighting up the North Inch and when told these two clans said "If there's any of them short of a man I'll join in on their side". Och aye nothing better to do, better risk my life. Where have these Scots gone, everybody's whinging these days.That was about 800 years ago. Metal can float and fly now.

Don't forget Hal Of The Wynd who was such a nutter he asked who was fighting up the North Inch and when told these two clans said "If there's any of them short of a man I'll join in on their side". Och aye nothing better to do, better risk my life. Where have these Scots gone, everybody's whinging these days.That was about 800 years ago. Metal can float and fly now.

o’ the Wynd he taen the field

Alang be the skinklin Tay:

And he hackit doun the men o’ Chattan;

Or was it the men o’ Kay?

When a’ was owre he dichted his blade

And steppit awa richt douce

To draik his drouth in the Skinners’ Vennel

At clapperin Clemmy’s house.

Hal o’ the Wynd had monie a bairn;

And bairns’ bairns galore

Wha wud speer about the bluidy battle

And what it was fochten for.

‘Guid-faith! My dawties I never kent;

But yon was a dirlin day

When I hackit doun the men o’ Chattan

o’ the Wynd he taen the field

Alang be the skinklin Tay:

And he hackit doun the men o’ Chattan;

When a’ was owre he dichted his blade

And steppit awa richt douce

To draik his drouth in the Skinners’ Vennel

At clapperin Clemmy’s house.

Hal o’ the Wynd had monie a bairn;

And bairns’ bairns galore

Wha wud speer about the bluidy battle

And what it was fochten for.

‘Guid-faith! My dawties I never kent;

But yon was a dirlin day

When I hackit doun the men o’ Chattan

That sums it up perfectly, with no Child Benefit and no security he might as well get some dosh. I like that piece. :):cool: