Who is your tip to be this year's surprise package in the Premier League?

dan the saint

Who is your tip to be this year's surprise package in the Premier League?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant really see any of them doing amazingly and challenging the top6, but the teams who i think will do well and will finish in a good midtable position are wigan and west brom.

hull are as good as down as are stoke who are dull and 1 dimensional and will get found out in the premier league

villa, mancity.... will do their thing and finish top half without really being special

Having seen Stoke last season, I have to agree with Jimbo, how they even made it to the Premier League is beyond me - relegation beckons. I'd like to see Hull do well just because of Dean Windass but I can't really see anything other than relegation for them. West Brom are the only one of the three promoted teams who'll stay up but they'll have to scrap for it.

Out of all the teams listed I reckon bolton will finish highest up the table. They have managed to keep hold of Jaaskelainen, have good defenders such as Cahill and Gardener and a strong midfield pairing in Muamba and Nolan. If they had appointed a proper manager instead of Sammy Lee they wouldn't have been involved in the relegation dogfight.

I am convinced that Hull and Stoke will definately go down. I reckon West Brom have a reasonable chance of avoiding the chop.

I can't see Stoke coming anywhere other than bottom. Hull seem to have made some reasonable signings - I think they might scrape survival for a year. I worked in Hull for a little while, so would quite like to see them do well.

Fulham, bizarrely, appear to be stalking me, so for that alone I hope they do okay as well. I think Hodgson's a good manager and they'll be fine this season. I think Bolton will be a bit better than last time as well.

I predict Stoke, West Brom and Sunderland to be the bottom three. I don't really think any of the teams listed will do well enough to be considered a "surprise package" though.

I predict Stoke, West Brom and Sunderland to be the bottom three. I don't really think any of the teams listed will do well enough to be considered a "surprise package" though.

Even having said that I'm worried about how next season will pan out, I'd be amazed and devastated if we finished behind Hull City.

Even allowing for the signings they've made, history shows that it'll be a really tough season for Hull. Derby made a whole load of signings last summer and it didn't really help them.

I think both Stoke and Hull will definitely go down, the other place is certainly up for grabs.

Derby made a whole load of signings last summer and it didn't really help them.

Derby didn't really make the quality of signings they wanted to though, Davies almost walked away last summer because he didn't think the club were investing enough money to stay up. He was right but they sacked him anyway.

Arsenal looks like they are keeping Adebayor losing Helb a blessing in desguiseand have been linked with some really good players and the likes of Walcott being shite hot at end of last season and other youngsters like Vela and Denilson who could be a massive hit this year so i think they could win 2 or 3 trophies.

and the real surprise will be Hull city are signing alot of players a few already proved at that level so could see a top 10 finish for them.

I guess "surprise package" could also refer to one of the bigger clubs doing badly - and I'd love to think Chelsea could be in for a hard season, having just punted the manager who got them to the Champions League final, and to within a whisker of the title, and replaced him with a manager who's never managed a club in Europe before. Add an unsettled Lampard and Drogba into the mix, and there could be tough times ahead.

i'm a stoke man right and ok on paper they should get raped in this league but their is a mentality within that club at the moment which loves to be written off. they will play some negative stuff and won't be far away from staying up. hull however will try and play attacking football and be destroyed for it. remember, pretty football isn't always the best way.

mon the potters

Both Hull and West Brom seem to be investing very wisely, they also were already both much better teams than Stoke. Stoke will end up with a lower points haulage than Derby did this season.... No doubt their first points will come agains middlesborough or Newcastle as teams who struggel every other week always seem to get points against these two.

Am quite worried about middlesborough to be honest, reacon they will probably struggle quite badly, unless they can get hold of another quality defender to play alongside young wheater. Will also be interesting to see what if any affect them not haveing a club captain will have.

As I said, before yesterdays win against Celtic, I fancy Fulham to be the surprise package (from the poll list) this year after their woeful season last year. They have strengthened shrewdly and Hodgson steadied the ship towards the end of the season after Sanchez was evicted.

Expect the improvement to continue with lower top 12 finish perhaps.