Massive blue and white away day army

Ginger Bakers rebel army

There is no supporters clubs forum to pull this sort of initiative together , the away support is better man for man than the home support at making a noise to support the team . However 15 years ago we would have been singing on the terracing half an hour before kick off , even if there were only a handfull of saintees present .

When I used to live in Grimsby, the Grimsby Town fans organised a similar thing to this (albeit for a home game) when they appointed Alan Buckley as manager. The plan was for as many people as possible to get to the ground at least half an hour early, and chant "Alan Buckley's black and white army" non-stop from 2.30pm right up to kick-off. I didn't go to the game in question, but apparently it worked quite well - it would be great to hear Saints fans singing "When the Saints go marching in" for a whole half hour right up until kick-off, but whether or not enough people would be willing to turn up early to get it going would of course be the big question.

I think this whole thing is a nice idea but I'm not sure it'll really make much difference to the travelling support. I'd have thought most people will go if they can make it/afford it/feel like it anyway, regardless of whether a thing like this is planned.

I think this whole thing is a nice idea but I'm not sure it'll really make much difference to the travelling support. I'd have thought most people will go if they can make it/afford it/feel like it anyway, regardless of whether a thing like this is planned.

Sadly you're probably right BH. The gentile folks of Perth who may otherwise come out and support their local team will no doubt find some lame excuse not to attend this. It is a great idea and I really hope it takes off.

Sadly you're probably right BH. The gentile folks of Perth who may otherwise come out and support their local team will no doubt find some lame excuse not to attend this. It is a great idea and I really hope it takes off.

I'd put myself in the same bracket though. I've always gone to Saints games whenever I can (sadly that's not very often these days) - a plan like this wouldn't really make any difference to me. If someone can't make it or can't afford it, then this sort of thing isn't going to alter that.

I'd put myself in the same bracket though. I've always gone to Saints games whenever I can (sadly that's not very often these days) - a plan like this wouldn't really make any difference to me. If someone can't make it or can't afford it, then this sort of thing isn't going to alter that.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'll be the same when I join you down there. My point was more that there are people who despite having no plans and not being short of cash STILL won't bother. Something like this should make a difference (cash flow and prior commitments aside).

It is, however, the type of thing that can convince occassional attendees to come along. I remember a few years back when we played Rangers on the first game of the season there was a bigger than usual turn out at Ibrox because of the planned comedy protest (turning our backs to the pitch as TFOD unveiled their championship flag). At the end of the 98/99 season (nearly a decade since the League Cup Final :( ) Saints put on cheap (free?) buses to Kilmarnock and we took a huge crowd (admitedly for a much more important game in much happier times). If you do something to encourage people to go to a particular game it can work well, better trying something and it not working than not trying anything at all.

I'm not going to bother because I dont want to be associated with a **** like you!

Any particular reason? Have my posts on this topic offended you in some way? Sad state of affairs if you'd get so worked up over me saying I think it's a shame this (sadly) probably won't attract more people that you'd not go support the team. I'm not saying I don't want it to work. Quite the opposite - it's a cracking idea. Sadly too many people in Perth (irrespective of whether they have prior plans or can't afford it) just won't go support Saints.

Good news , the PA have confirmed they will run an article on this next Friday. That will get it to a wide audience and still plenty of time to plan a blue and white invasion.

I like the idea of trying to be in the ground half an hour before kick off and singing our heads off.

Lets go out in the dead of night with a couple of cans of paint and hijack a fecking billboard or three.Must be a decent artist on this forum. There's plenty of piss artists around.:laugh:

a) i hope your faither no reading this or he will keep you in custody for a week or 2

B) remember when you got bit by the polis alsation at dunfermline and they stuck you in the van beside it.

a) i hope your faither no reading this or he will keep you in custody for a week or 2

B) remember when you got bit by the polis alsation at dunfermline and they stuck you in the van beside it.

Oh yes I remember. It was a tiny dog van with two cages and enough room for one prisoner (Just). Slobbering , snarling raging animal ( and that was just me:laugh:).It was that guy sitting behind me who was giving the young plod the verbals about his wife. The Sergeant got on the bus and after a discussion they started to walk to the back of the bus. I,m sitting there thinking " That guys going to get lifted, poor bugger". I got the shock of my life when it was me who was lifted ...:laugh:The dog bit me on the way off the bus

They pumped us 4-0 that day as I recall. Ah to be young and reckless:oops:

Oh yes I remember. It was a tiny dog van with two cages and enough room for one prisoner (Just). Slobbering , snarling raging animal ( and that was just me:laugh:).It was that guy sitting behind me who was giving the young plod the verbals about his wife. The Sergeant got on the bus and after a discussion they started to walk to the back of the bus. I,m sitting there thinking " That guys going to get lifted, poor bugger". I got the shock of my life when it was me who was lifted ...:laugh:The dog bit me on the way off the bus

They pumped us 4-0 that day as I recall. Ah to be young and reckless:oops:

fair play well said ghostie.we still laughing about that one yet .no the score though

You should ask Soulful Saint GBRA, he could help you out

Am not in any way trying to be negative and think this is a great idea, if we could get half the atmosphere as we did at tynecastle that night against Hibs we'd be doing well!!!

hope we could get over 1000, I'll bring 3 anyway if that helps!!!

Happy to help build up to the day what do you need me to do?

I think people like going to Dundee , and we take a lot more as they know there is going to be a lot of us and they know we are going to make a noise... a bit of publicity and a bit of commitment could go a long way to getting people to come to this game.

PSJ are playing that day against the pub that Wee John speaks of, so we will get a good atmosphere going on in there... and last season we spent the whole second half singing "Yellow Army", so it can be done... 'Mon The Saints!