101 Saint in Pro-McInnes Thread Shocker

101 Saint

Right, for most of last year, I bitched and moaned about Del for the following failings:

Poor signings

Poor tactics

Lack of Mooner

I would now like to thank Del for the following:

Signing Millar - Saints Legend in the making

Signing Swankie - arguably the most talented player in our squad

Reverting to 4-4-2 - what a difference in Irvine now that we're 4-4-2, Liam doesn't get caught out as often in a 4-4-2.

Lack of Mooner has not been an issue this year as Mooner has been injured.

Yes, he signed McKoy and Morgan and yes, some of his tactics still fail to impress (e.g. XI the box for opposition corners) but credit where it's due. He cocked up pre-season, big style; but he's also led from the front, demanding hard work and reaping the rewards. He's managed the media very well in his time here. I'll stop short of saying he was/is a great appointment, but I'm more than happy to praise a vastly improved Manager of St Johnstone FC.

Right, for most of last year, I bitched and moaned about Del for the following failings:

Poor signings

Poor tactics

Lack of Mooner

I would now like to thank Del for the following:

Signing Millar - Saints Legend in the making

Signing Swankie - arguably the most talented player in our squad

Reverting to 4-4-2 - what a difference in Irvine now that we're 4-4-2, Liam doesn't get caught out as often in a 4-4-2.

Lack of Mooner has not been an issue this year as Mooner has been injured.

Yes, he signed McKoy and Morgan and yes, some of his tactics still fail to impress (e.g. XI the box for opposition corners) but credit where it's due. He cocked up pre-season, big style; but he's also led from the front, demanding hard work and reaping the rewards. He's managed the media very well in his time here. I'll stop short of saying he was/is a great appointment, but I'm more than happy to praise a vastly improved Manager of St Johnstone FC.

May I be the first (of hopefully many) to agree with you

The results speak for them selves and after a really poor spell at the start of the season Del has picked things up with hard work and is becoming a very good young manager, the players are playing for each other and you can see the team bonding on the pitch, what impressed me most today was that the players had a smile on there faces,despite hellish coditions and it looked like they were enjoying there football today, well done dell and keep up the great work.I t just goes to show what a bit of time and work does and all the snipers who wanted him sacked should take a long hard look in the mirror. Good for us though that the Dundee f.c board did not have the same vision as ours did

HA! FECKIN HA!!

too early to tell..... especially having encountered our worst string of results for a very long time a couple of months ago. No way should complacency creep in, a long way to go and I am delighted that we have clawed back the points difference, now lets see the character of the manager and players to get to pole position and run away with it! (we could argue we have the best squad so lets see it)

i have to say i think he is doing a good job and personnal makes me fell a lot better that he has had a bed spell survived it and changed it to being a good spell as i said before in the talk of him being sacked i think we have to give him time (unlike dundee did in there managers bad spell) to try and get it right because if he does tur it arround it wont happen again and will make him a stronger mamger for later on. I think we have potentially a verg good manager in the making i still think it is too early to say if he has been good or bad yet but if Geoff sticks by him as i think he will we could POTENTIALLY end up with a very good manager in a few years. and i think 101's points are well made.

yeah and we were asking him to wave and he totaly ignored us, he talks about us not singing, and when we do, he ignores us, whats that all about, he got bood for it, (but in a humour kinda way)

TBH, I'd be impressed if he could even make out what the hell you were singing considering the weather yesterday.

Be fair 101 does have his European coaching license and has played at the highest level. When he talks Del and the rest of us should listen.

For those of us not in the know - is this a joke or is 101 Saint an ex-player?

This is a potentially a whoooosh moment *ducks for cover*