#15 - 01/11/08 - Dunfermline Athletic (a)

Well as it's turned out this game IS a biggie and is the perfect game for Gingers massive blue and white away day.....

With Saints continuing on an impressive run of form ( 16 points from last 18) and consistency with selection, we are at a crucial point in the early part of the season.If we can take three points at East End it would constitute a giant leap forwards in terms of our title asperations.This in itself will entice a bigger travelling support and the initiative by Ginger will boost numbers by even more. I am so very much looking forward to this one. It will also show how far we have come in terms of being genuine contenders.

To the team....

Well I for one think that if all players are fit and well we should go with exactly the same team as Saturdays.There is a togetherness beging to show amongst the guys and also a great understanding developing.

I know some may say that perhaps Hardie might be dropped to the bench but I would disagree.Even though he has underperformed on occasions, his muscle is still very important to our excellent but slightly lightweight midfield.

I think it will be a tight affair and whoever wins will do so by the odd goal.I,m gonna go for a 2-1 to Saints( although if we only draw it will still be a half decent result).After our pumping at McD earlier I'm sure that the players will be up for this one and as they are aware of our away day that this will spur them on a bit more .

Main

Irvine, Rusty , Caff, Craig.

Swankie, Millar , Hardie, Sheerin.

(all interchangeable in midfield)

Holmes, Milne.

Subs. Robinson, Ando, Mooner, Samuel, Morris/McDonald.( depending on fitness)

Injured.Jacko,McLean.....

No place for.McKoy, Morgan, James, Morris/ McDonald.

Lets get ready to rock...Lets all get right behind the guys and create a wall of sound and a party atmosphere..........The Saints are on the march.

COME ON YOU SAINTS

COME ON YOU SAINTS FANS

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the form we're in, it could be a very comfortable match. This is easily one of the best sides I've seen for a long time at McD's. Sure, we're not playing the sexiest football and we don't have the best players we've ever had, but our players are in form and Savo's scoring for fun. Even our defenders are getting on the scoresheet.

Savo to score the odd goal, and maybe another clean sheet assuming Rusty, Caff and Main keep up their performances. Win this, and we'll at the least go second in the league. Queens have to lose at some point - they've had good form all season, they're due a dip. Saints to go top of the table by next Sunday? Probably, I say.

Muzz hasne got a clue what he's on aboot!

There's a reason why he's only 3nd top of the prediction league, you'd think he'd do better sitting next to me as my match analysis is second too none. I often catch him scribbling notes down from what I have said and if he only listened to my match predictions he would be a better person.

Is everyone accepting that we now all of a sudden have a good defence?

I honestly think we have hardly been tested recently, maybe due to our midfield and forward line but our defence is still very very dodgy.

this will be our biggest test since Dumfries where we lost 2 goals and could have lost a few more.

We have survived a few scares in other matches on our run but have yet to be fully tested since Dumfries.

It is still a big worry for me, but aslong as we score a few then we should be okay, I hope, but I do think we will have to score at least 2.

As things are going now, we are very much on a run of form. There is obviously going to be a far larger support thanks to the effort from the forums here.

Honestly, its very difficult to see past anything other than a saints win. The fear is that this run is eventually going too end but i'm never thinking before a saints game this season, "oh this could end up a draw", or " we might not get points here."

Despite the imminent returns of Morris and James, I can't help but stick to the mantra that we shouldn't change a winning team. At least in defense and attack anyway. Rusty and Caff are a brilliant defensive partnership. Wish I had one of them in my 6 a side games. Craig is blooming as a left back this season and Irvine is his usual solid reliable self. Don't really need to say much about the attack. Holmer and Savo are linking up brilliantly and Savo will run all day so when Holmer starts getting tired, we still have Peaso to throw on.

Midfield wise, i'm not sure for East End Park. I'm anticipating the return of Morris but I'm not the one to ask if this is too soon for him. Millar is an engine, Swankie is swanky, Hardie is hard. Maybe start with Sheerin and give Morris the last 30 minutes?

Anyways. It looks onwards and upwards for the Saints. Win this one and who knows whats next. (Ross Country according to the fixtures).

Muzz hasne got a clue what he's on aboot!

There's a reason why he's only 3nd top of the prediction league, you'd think he'd do better sitting next to me as my match analysis is second too none. I often catch him scribbling notes down from what I have said and if he only listened to my match predictions he would be a better person.

shut it fool :)

Is everyone accepting that we now all of a sudden have a good defence?

I honestly think we have hardly been tested recently, maybe due to our midfield and forward line but our defence is still very very dodgy.

this will be our biggest test since Dumfries where we lost 2 goals and could have lost a few more.

We have survived a few scares in other matches on our run but have yet to be fully tested since Dumfries.

It is still a big worry for me, but aslong as we score a few then we should be okay, I hope, but I do think we will have to score at least 2.

your bang on john i dont think the pars will be as easy a game as partick was and i think we"ll be brought back down to earth this week!!:(

i think it will be close,but unfortunately the pars will shade it:(:(:(

Dunfermline were the team who impressed me most in the first quarter. They looked a very slick unit. Despite Partick beating us by 4 goals the following week, I didn't think they looked as good a side as the Pars and that result was more down to our ineptitude than Thistle's quality.

However. we have now improved, taking 16 points from the last possible 18. Our defence has tightened up and our attack is scoring freely. We should expect a much closer match this time round, but my confidence is high, and I believe we can get a win with the extra backing of the 12th man.

I would stick with the same line-up as last week, unless Rutkiewicz is indeed out.

Main

Irvine McCaffrey Rutkiewicz/Anderson Craig

Swankie Millar Hardie Sheerin

Milne Holmes

Hope my fellow Saints fans enjoy the day out. I'm leaving at 12.30. Looking forward to it. Mon the Saints!