#16 - 08/11/08 - Ross County (h)

saints1989

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry folks, I've not read the rest of the thread and this may have been mentioned already, but why the **** was the St Johnstone flag at the edge of the Ormond Stand inside the ground flown upside down? There is no excuse for this. It's shoddy in the extreme. How the hell when you put a flag up can you not notice it's upside down.:x

I've just read through the thread and the flag cock-up has been noticed by others. My point stands though, how on earth could whoever put it up not have noticed? **** sake.

Not a great game on Sarturday but the players worked really hard and deserved the win. I thought Morris looked excellent when he came on. I like the way he tries to move the ball quickly and looks for passes that are a bit out of the ordinary. Definitely adds something extra to the team.

Not a great game on Sarturday but the players worked really hard and deserved the win. I thought Morris looked excellent when he came on. I like the way he tries to move the ball quickly and looks for passes that are a bit out of the ordinary. Definitely adds something extra to the team.

If by out the ordinary you mean straight out of the park with his first touch then you're right :D Just kidding, I thought he did some encouraging stuff, nice little give and go with Irvine up next to the cornerflag. When he's match sharp I think he'll be very handy.

I still don't see why Sammy didn't get on earlier. Each time he's came on as a sub he's instantly run past the defense and come up with a defense-destroying pass. Did it twice at Dunfy, did it at McD's and then scored himself, before almost setting up another. He needs to start next game with Homer, with Savo coming from the bench if it isn't working, or maybe getting a rest. He's no spring chicken, and it'll give Peaso a shout.

I still don't see why Sammy didn't get on earlier. Each time he's came on as a sub he's instantly run past the defense and come up with a defense-destroying pass. Did it twice at Dunfy, did it at McD's and then scored himself, before almost setting up another. He needs to start next game with Homer, with Savo coming from the bench if it isn't working, or maybe getting a rest. He's no spring chicken, and it'll give Peaso a shout.

totally agree with sammy starting, he has the ability to rip players defenses apart on his own

It's interesting to see the press in general say it was an easy win for us yesterday that should have been more comfortable. I wonder if it's just the expectations that made us a bit disappointed with the performance? My own view is that we took the easy option too often after failing to breakthrough in the opening 20 minutes, which is a shame as we showed in that period how good a side we can be.

I think that is because county were full pelt but I always thought we never hit the heights that we can. We secured the three points but could have done so with a few more goals. We had three great chances with 15 minutes gone.

County had pressure and spread the ball around very very well but only had one or two shots on goal.