#17 - 15/11/08 - Clyde (a)

I know I'm a bit keen but hey...Onwards and upwards....

Another tough game coming up with Saints seeming to always struggle against Clyde for some reason.Having already managed to lose to them at McD this season at least we will know that in order to win the match , we will have to be at our best especially defensively. The goals we lost to them at McD were pretty shocking though and it would seem that McInnes has sorted our rearguard out thank goodness. Without taking Clyde lightly I think if we apply ourselves as we have over the last few games, we should leave Broadwood with all 3 points.It's another great chance to extend our lead at the top with the other sides up against each other.Somethings gotta give with Livi and The Pars and Dundee and QoS taking each other on.

I'm going for 2-0 Saints

Team wise I would go with a very similar starting 11 to the team that beat Ross County.McCaffery might be a doubt though after being taken off on Saturday.If we have the full squad available.

Main

Irving, Caff (Ando), Rusty, Craig.

Millar, Morris, Hardie, Sheerin

Savo, Holmes.

Subs. Kelly, Swankie, Samuel, Ando, McDonald, ( Morgan)

Injured . James????, McLean.

No place for. Jacko, Mooner or McKoy

If we do pick up the boy Smith on loan I'd have him straight in at Left Back.Move Craig into midfield and drop Sheerin to the bench and drop McDonald from the squad.

Whatever happens , there are some tough decisions ahead for McInnes

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm a bit keen but hey...Onwards and upwards....

Another tough game coming up with Saints seeming to always struggle against Clyde for some reason.Having already managed to lose to them at McD this season at least we will know that in order to win the match , we will have to be at our best especially defensively. The goals we lost to them at McD were pretty shocking though and it would seem that McInnes has sorted our rearguard out thank goodness. Without taking Clyde lightly I think if we apply ourselves as we have over the last few games, we should leave Broadwood with all 3 points.It's another great chance to extend our lead at the top with the other sides up against each other.Somethings gotta give with Livi and The Pars and Dundee and QoS taking each other on.

I'm going for 2-0 Saints

Team wise I would go with a very similar starting 11 to the team that beat Ross County.McCaffery might be a doubt though after being taken off on Saturday.If we have the full squad available.

Main

Irving, Caff (Ando), Rusty, Craig.

Millar, Morris, Hardie, Sheerin

Savo, Holmes.

Subs. Kelly, Swankie, Samuel, Ando, McDonald, ( Morgan)

Injured . James????, McLean.

No place for. Jacko, Mooner or McKoy

If we do pick up the boy Smith on loan I'd have him straight in at Left Back.Move Craig into midfield and drop Sheerin to the bench and drop McDonald from the squad.

Whatever happens , there are some tough decisions ahead for McInnes

Yeah I think he might opt for Morris in the middle instead of Swankie. I am defo going through to Clyde now, was swithering about it b4 the County Game. Everygame has such a huge buzz about it at the moment - LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!:-)

manger of the month ohhh no!!!

hate going to clyde, it never seems to be straight forward

Must admit to having that kind of feeling myself! We've had too many bad results against them in the past. I'd be really pleased with any form of victory in order to keep our good run going. Now that we've got our noses in front we really need to avoid stumbling against teams at the lower end of the table.

I'd stick with the same settled team, but with jody coming in for swankie. Morris is lacking match sharpness, but he's only going to get that with game time. I'd keep Samuel ok the bench, but would be looking for him to get a longer run out than Saturday.

Does anyone what Clyde are having. Built at broadwood? Got the train back to Glasgow at the weekend and notice it, somethings being built where the fourth stand should be, but it didn't look much like a stand to me.

A cheeky wee win for us.I would love to see Sammy getting a start.Savo aint scored for a while and could use a rest on the bench.

Only 2 games without a goal and he has been immense in both games. Also some said he got player of the month, I wouldnt drop him. After this we have two weeks before the Dundee Game - Savo Must start

Only 2 games without a goal and he has been immense in both games. Also some said he got player of the month, I wouldnt drop him. After this we have two weeks before the Dundee Game - Savo Must start

savo normally sprint the 90 minutes, but didnt look his best than recent weeks on saturday, he stopped chasing some times and pace didnt seem good at SOME points, not all the time.

Have to laugh at the people saying to drop Savo, cause he's not scored for a while!! :D Mike you're right, he's been quality in the TWO games he hasn't scored in. Is that what we're wanting to give our strikers then?? Don't score in a couple of games, even playing well, but drop them anyway?? Plus he's just scored 5 goals in the last 5 games or something. I find the whole thing pretty funny.:laugh:

I'd stick with the same settled team, but with jody coming in for swankie. Morris is lacking match sharpness, but he's only going to get that with game time. I'd keep Samuel ok the bench, but would be looking for him to get a longer run out than Saturday.

Does anyone what Clyde are having. Built at broadwood? Got the train back to Glasgow at the weekend and notice it, somethings being built where the fourth stand should be, but it didn't look much like a stand to me.

North Lanarkshire Council are building a new £6 million state of the art sport and leisure facility. The area around Broadwood is growing really fast. It's a shame they have such a terrible support because they have a nice wee setup there and the stadium is very accessible.

North Lanarkshire Council are building a new £6 million state of the art sport and leisure facility. The area around Broadwood is growing really fast. It's a shame they have such a terrible support because they have a nice wee setup there and the stadium is very accessible.

It's also a shame Cumbernauld is an absolute shithole :P.

Are Clyde still a bunch of hammerthrowers or could we get away with Savo and Samuel up front? Last few times I've seen Samuel he's been a handful. I can't remember from the McD game what they were like, will have to wait for the horror flashbacks in 10 years.

Have to laugh at the people saying to drop Savo, cause he's not scored for a while!! :D Mike you're right, he's been quality in the TWO games he hasn't scored in. Is that what we're wanting to give our strikers then?? Don't score in a couple of games, even playing well, but drop them anyway?? Plus he's just scored 5 goals in the last 5 games or something. I find the whole thing pretty funny.:laugh:

So do I as it was said tongue in cheek to wind a few people up.And it worked.

It's also a shame Cumbernauld is an absolute shithole :P.

That may have been true 10/15 years ago. However, Cumbernauld has undertaken a massive trasnformation of late. Its biggest problem is it cannot shake off the image of that monstrosity they call a shopping centre. The new shopping centre is actually quite nice, but the old one needs bulldozed.

Believe it or not but Cumbernauld has above average earnings and employment levels meaning its a fairly affluent area. Places like Balloch, Smithstone, Craiglinn, Blackwood, Dullatur and Carrickstone are as nice as you will see in a modern Scottish Town.

From listening to the Clyde fans, they seem to think their side can be ruffed up and struggle with aerial presence at set pieces. On that basis, I'd expect Holmes to start again. I think it's important that he isn't simply judged on goals as his role in the team involves far more than that.

Agree with the voices saying that Morris or Mooner should come in for Swankie and I think Paul Sheerin would be the first to admit games against Clyde don't always suit him, as there is little football played. Very rare that I don't find a spot for Sheerin but if Smith signs (still not convinced on this one) then I'd consider moving Craig into midfield.

I wonder if the usual 600 home fans will be there, not the best day out in the first divison, 3 points needed

id go with holmes up front and then possibly bring sammy on after an hour or so

Think we should be able to pass this team off the park, but clyde are our boogie team and seem to take points of us every season

Believe it or not but Cumbernauld has above average earnings and employment levels meaning its a fairly affluent area. Places like Balloch, Smithstone, Craiglinn, Blackwood, Dullatur and Carrickstone are as nice as you will see in a modern Scottish Town.

I'm not sure if it's still true but Cumbernauld used to be one of the only places with above average earnings and below average house prices.

I sort of disagree though that those areas are that nice - they always seem to me to be just a collection of houses built on a gloomy moor. It all seems to be like Broadwood, a bit soulless.