Transport Idea

ryangordon86

Would you be interested in our own bus  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got a little idea, obviously it would depend on numbers and interest but I think in the long term it could work out quite well.

I was thinking we could potentially chip in and buy a cheap minibus , i've had a quick look on ebay and i reckon we could get a 12-16 seater with a years MOT for an initial outlay of around £50-60 a head, maybe even less depending on numbers.

Fuel bills would literally be around £2 per person each week apart from trips to Dingwall!

Obviously this is something that we could discuss and look at after christmas when folk have a bit more cash, but over the course of a season we could all save some money, save mileage on our cars and have a wee swally en-route to the match while listening to Saints themed music!!!!

I imagine at least 5 or 6 cars leave Edinburgh every week heading to Perth and beyond which is a lot of fuel, and a lot of drivers that could be having a beer instead!

Please post any thoughts you may have on the idea, good or bad

Aye good Idea, saves money in the long run. To be honest i've missed far to many games this season since moving through to the burgh so any way to catch more would be a great advantage.

The thing is, with us all living away from Perth it would be twice as advantageous as a normal supporters bus because it would get used for home and away games!

I've not worked out actual figures but im pretty sure over the course of a season you'd save money (you may find that you drink more mind you!)

The thing is, with us all living away from Perth it would be twice as advantageous as a normal supporters bus because it would get used for home and away games!

I've not worked out actual figures but im pretty sure over the course of a season you'd save money (you may find that you drink more mind you!)

Valid point, I didn't even think about the away games. Could be a very worthy investment.

As for drinking more, I really don't think that could be possible:)

I'm up for that, gonna be through here for next 4 years at least so would save me cash in long run.

Only thoughts i've had are whether the driver would need any change of liscence to drive it? Or is that only for bigger buses?

And if we had our own bus, it means we could even get a good old DIY saints paintjob on it.

Only thoughts i've had are whether the driver would need any change of liscence to drive it? Or is that only for bigger buses?

You may be allowed to drive a minibus without bus entitlement, if it is not used for hire or reward. Hire or reward generally means any payment in cash or kind made by or on behalf of passengers which gives them right to be carried in a vehicle.

Driving licence held before 1 January 1997:

If you had entitlement to drive cars prior to 1 January 1997 you can drive a minibus provided you are 21 or over and the minibus has a maximum of 17 seats including the driver's seat and is not being used for hire or reward.

To drive a minibus which has nine or more passenger seats for hire or reward you will normally need passenger carrying vehicle entitlement (PCV). To obtain this you must meet higher medical standards and take a further driving test. However, if you drive a minibus for an organisation under the minibus or community bus permit scheme you will not need to have the higher PCV entitlements.

Im amazed at the interest in this, seems more of a goer than i initially imagined, thought there would have been much more humming and hawwing!

I obviously don't go every week with work commitments but im sure there are other Edinburgh based fans who even if they don't have a "priority share" in the bus could make use of it and pay towards petrol costs when there are a few empty seats.

I imagine there must be at least 10 of us head up everyweek from Edinburgh surely

We could even raise the money through some sort of music, raffle type thing. I can put on one of my spectacular quiz nights and charge a couple of squid per head.

Also, maybe the boozer would contribute if we incorporated their name on said vehicle.

Think we may need a meeting at some point to formulate a plan.

Good work Rhino.