Edinburgh Recommendations

saint jason

Giulianos serves good food and is just over the road.

If you like stereotypical Italian waiters who are so falsely happy and chirpy that they automatically think they deserve a big tip!!

They often deserve a big smack in the mouth :)

To be honest, you are spoilt for choice down that end of town. Lots of options in Broughton Street and in the Omni Centre-Chinese buffet and Tapas places are okay...just okay though...depends on what you are looking for. The fact that you are going to a Saturday matinee suggests that maybe you are taking kids...I know mine think a Chinese Buffet is really exciting...if they are a bit older, then trying some Tapas might be a bit new for them and they can try different stuff

If you like stereotypical Italian waiters who are so falsely happy and chirpy that they automatically think they deserve a big tip!!

They often deserve a big smack in the mouth :)

To be honest, you are spoilt for choice down that end of town. Lots of options in Broughton Street and in the Omni Centre-Chinese buffet and Tapas places are okay...just okay though...depends on what you are looking for. The fact that you are going to a Saturday matinee suggests that maybe you are taking kids...I know mine think a Chinese Buffet is really exciting...if they are a bit older, then trying some Tapas might be a bit new for them and they can try different stuff

cheers for that. daughter got us tkts. for WWRY. unfortuneately the fixture list was not out when she bought tickets. Will miss Hearts game boo hooo:sad::sad::sad:

A little further down leith walk you have the Tail End. Same company as in St Andrews and make good fish and chips and sea food in general. Also in the same are is The Vittoria, an Italian I've been to a few times that has always been good. Slightly further from the theatre on both counts, sometimes you can be too close!

You wid get a pie at Tynecastle ya auld fart -cannae believe yer going to watch "we will rock you" instead.....Part Timer :D

hey, less of the "OLD" Ancient. I'll get you a steak and gravy for the bus today Sat.

To anyone else that wants one its £1.40. Let me know soonest & I'll order them from the butchers later.

Very nice chaps:!::!:

Just saw this, actually got a kb last month after scotland liectinstein game, maybe the company i keep, tommy tomato, but grade a tossers. Hoodlum la favorita is gd, half way down leith walk, kids eat for free before 6, pay a pound to a charity, food is good too. Also great day out today to the Edinburgh boys, good wee session in the auctioneers. roll on the jambos game in two weeks

Edited by crieffsaintandy

• 4 weeks later...
Hoodlum if you like Thai the "Phuket Pavillion " is first class. I am booked for there when I go back to WWRY soon.As has been stated there is so much choice in that area with no real bad ones just some better ones.

I did them both yesterday and they were excellent.Even stronger cast for WWRY this time round.Rounded my day off in Walkabout where Strongbow is £2 a pint all day Wed Thur and Friday. G,Day :cool:

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...