#18 - 29/11/08 - Dundee (a)

Dylan-Saints

my last (probably) on this topic.

big away support, great crack. we gained a point. happy days. top of the league. lets enjoy it ok...............................

my thoughts are with the lifted few.

muzz man am with you on that.hope the dude we saved from the law got away.as the clash sang i fought the law but the law won.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents, November was a tough month on the fixture list and though no games are easy I feel that in December we have the potential to pick up more points starting with two home games and three out of four at home in total. Going back to November, two home wins and two away draws at Dens and Cumbernauld is championship winning form. As has been said by many forum members, we would have self exploded during the november period in seasons gone bye but these 8 points out of 12 are excellent. It sounded like we rode our luck yesterday at Dens but as all good teams do, we got a result even if we were under the cosh and not playing very well. Dundee are on a rich run of form (well exactly same as us for November when you put things in to perspective) and have the ability to assist St Johnstone in putting a bigger margin away from our closest contenders over the course of the next two months. I feel the Dees will climb the league from here on in but will drop points as they make slow progress up the league.

Really physical game yesterday and we didn't help ourselves with some wayward passing and ball control. Probably the worst we've played for a while - but we've come away with a good away point. Fair play to Jocky's tactics in the 2nd half though - they bullied us and ground us down for the equaliser. Having said that, I felt Dundee were probably at their best in the 2nd half, but they still havn't managed to beat us, playing below par, at home.

Just goes to show, i thought it was a really open game end to end stuff with good passages of play. we shaded the first half and they were the better team second half. great character in defending the pressure. earlier in the season we would of collapsed for sure, we have come a long way since game4!

really good open game, however we couldnt string 4 passes together second half and appeared the dundee half time team talk was a slightly more aggresive one than ours?

i would say it was a great advert for first division football also :D

and the guy summarising the game for BBC Scot thought the same - he even thought it was good ammunition for those that want the SPL expanded to more teams.

On another point, a guy near me spotted that the plaing area had been narrowed quite a bit. The toughlines were much nearer the edge of the grass the last time we were there. Perhaps Jocky's ploy to stop our expansive "wideboy" game. :-)

Yeh, I agree with a lot of comments today. We were lucky to get a draw, but hey 1-1 is no shame away from home against any team in this league.

Main was our star man, some great saves at crucial times, especially the one on half time. Our support was great, apart from the section who for whatever reason sang an alternative version to "Why don't you go home". Now before anyone starts, yeh sure alternative lyrics and the song originates from The Kop, but within the context of Scottish football, St Johnstone being associated with the same "tune" as one of the most vile and dispicable songs ever sang by Rangers fans about a human tragedy where close to 1 million people died, leaves me a rather saddened and angry Saintee. Leave your song lads.

COME ON YE SAINTS

Are you for real?

making an issue of nothing.

wake up and smell he coffee.

the singing from both fans was great!

but how the feck can they say that about the ref?

i hate complaining about them since it's such a tough job but week in now they are a complete joke an that linesman on our left didn't help. we got absolutely nothing all day!

and Mooners booking was ridiculous considering he clearly won the ball!

changed the game, he was scared to tackle after that. Think he would have been subbed if jody wasnt knackered!!

I think we still had another sub available & we could have put Swankie out wide & Millar back in the middle where he is more comfortable.

I think we have to back to Craig at left back & Sheerin left mid next week as I don`t think Craig was effective when he moved central when Sheerin came on.

Yeh, I agree with a lot of comments today. We were lucky to get a draw, but hey 1-1 is no shame away from home against any team in this league.

Main was our star man, some great saves at crucial times, especially the one on half time. Our support was great, apart from the section who for whatever reason sang an alternative version to "Why don't you go home". Now before anyone starts, yeh sure alternative lyrics and the song originates from The Kop, but within the context of Scottish football, St Johnstone being associated with the same "tune" as one of the most vile and dispicable songs ever sang by Rangers fans about a human tragedy where close to 1 million people died, leaves me a rather saddened and angry Saintee. Leave your song lads.

COME ON YE SAINTS

What a load of fecking pish. It's called the Sloop John B. and has nothing to do with Rangers or Celtic fans.It's chunts like you that are killing football. Away and **** .:evil:

COME ON YE SAINTS

heard the singing on Saturday and never put the 2 together, as was probably the case with most folk. There is a danger oif going totally OTT here, If you think of the words of Flower of Scotland we also send the english home to think again. Does that mean mass arrests at Hampden next year!!

I cannae see the issue with the 'league is over' song. It has nothing offensive in the version we sung yesterday. Anyone who thinks differently is a plum.
completely agree nothing offensive whatsoever, if people find this offensive then the football ground is not the place for them to be as far as I am concerned.

Still dont like us singing about winning the league tempting fate too much - someone tried to start the "we're gonna win the league", but it died quickly, thankfully

Gents, November was a tough month on the fixture list and though no games are easy I feel that in December we have the potential to pick up more points starting with two home games and three out of four at home in total. Going back to November, two home wins and two away draws at Dens and Cumbernauld is championship winning form. As has been said by many forum members, we would have self exploded during the november period in seasons gone bye but these 8 points out of 12 are excellent. It sounded like we rode our luck yesterday at Dens but as all good teams do, we got a result even if we were under the cosh and not playing very well. Dundee are on a rich run of form (well exactly same as us for November when you put things in to perspective) and have the ability to assist St Johnstone in putting a bigger margin away from our closest contenders over the course of the next two months. I feel the Dees will climb the league from here on in but will drop points as they make slow progress up the league.

Well said, we're looking great right now