#19 - 06/12/08 - Queen of the South (h)

Christmas is coming and for Saints it could be very merry. This is the first of a 5 game run which may go a long way to define how our season will pan out. With the added bonus of the Ormond stand being open for those of us wanting to burst our lungs in song, it's a game I am looking very much forward to. Queens form of late has been inconsistent,verging on pish poor. Since humping Livi 6-1 they have lost five and won only one, conceding ten and scoring only three.On paper we should win this game and our record against queens at McD is pretty good. Of course football matches aint played on paper so we will need to show commitment and a great attitude if we are to secure the three points.Team wise I very much hope Caff is fit and well for this one as I feel we missed him at Dens.I am assuming MMM was out for only the one game ( please correct me if I'm wrong) and if so I would like to see him back in as well.

I'd hope to see something like this...

Main in goals,

a back four of Irvine, Caff, Rusty ( capt.) Craig.

A midfield of Millar, Morris, Hardie and Sheerin.

And Savo and Sherlock up front..

Subs..The Baldyman, Mooner, Swankie, Samuel, Ando.

No place for..James, Peaso, McKoy, Morgan, Jackson.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would go same players in 442 except i think we should be more attack minded and play swankie on the wing instead of either miller or sheerin, the reason fo either of them is because i didnt think miller was as effective out on the wing against the dees

i would definately have caff in place of james and rusty returning as captitano

Dave are you goming to take a photo of the Ormond stand and post it on Sat night?

Im looking forward to the game although it would appear there is no easy games in this league reckon we will win.

Wont be impressed if James retains his place and reckon Swankie on from the start with Sheerin coming on a s super sub.

Dave are you goming to take a photo of the Ormond stand and post it on Sat night?

Im looking forward to the game although it would appear there is no easy games in this league reckon we will win.

Wont be impressed if James retains his place and reckon Swankie on from the start with Sheerin coming on a s super sub.

that wasnt my plan, but i have just been sent a letter saying my hospitality day has moved to the clyde game on the 27th. so its game on for me in the ormond stand. :mrgreen:

i was gonna interview a couple of players for www.stjohnstonefc.co.uk and do a soccer am styled "reasons why i love football". will just do it later in clyde game or whenever i see them. would have been good to see some of their answers including what team they supported as a kid and what they'de do if it wernt for footie. longest in the shower :laugh:

I'm in the main stand for this one, and really wish it had been another day.

I just hope everyone makes this day sound as good as they're saying, becasue if they do i've got a brilliant (secret) plan up my sleeve for after the game if the saints players are still fired up. :wink:

Yer no gonnae streak are ye? :laugh:

i was gonna interview a couple of players for www.stjohnstonefc.co.uk and do a soccer am styled "reasons why i love football". will just do it later in clyde game or whenever i see them. would have been good to see some of their answers including what team they supported as a kid and what they'de do if it wernt for footie. longest in the shower :laugh:

sounds funny already sign dave. Anyone want to predict who is the longest in the shower already? Swankie i think haha

What are the other questions they get asked again?

Got to imagine MMM will come back in but im not so sure that Caff is as obvious a first choice as you think. I think now KJ has his chance then the shirt is back in his hand and up to Caff 2 win it back. Hopefully Millar wont be wasted out on the wing again and Ando will stay in at left back. Since its a home game, Swanks is likely to start and hoping a week of training Homer will be looking sharper.

Main

Irvine KJ Dinky Ando

Swanks Millar Hardie Craig

Savo Homo

However although would be great to see two wide me back in the saints line up at home i think Del will opt for

Main

Irving KJ Dinky Craig

Hardie Millar Jody Swanks

Savo Homo

Quite a few decision to be made now that we're almost back to full strength.....

hardie is not a winger, we will never play him on the wing.

and i can see homer getting dropped for samuel soon.

He played down on the right hand side in most of Coyles games in charge and was quite effective there. I think the main reason he was played out there was to rescue Halliwells kicks.

He played down on the right hand side in most of Coyles games in charge and was quite effective there. I think the main reason he was played out there was to rescue Halliwells kicks.

so that would work with Alan Main then :laugh:

i actually remember him playing out on the left wing too a few year back in the 3 all game away to qots. and actually taking the time to think about it you are right in saying he was effective.

my appologies.

so that would work with Alan Main then :laugh:

i actually remember him playing out on the left wing too a few year back in the 3 all game away to qots. and actually taking the time to think about it you are right in saying he was effective.

my appologies.

Not suite sure it would work now though, Hardie is all about his presence now. he has lost even more pace (if thats possible) still one of my first choices but for me its got to be central....

Whens Jacko fit again? Boy seems never to play or get the chance.

I'll take an ugly 1-0 against QoS. As long as someone boots Dobbie's fat ass :o

I'd like to see a fit Jacko running off Homer too. He was brilliant with the Doc last year and this could work.

It wouldnt suprise me though if jacko went to a 2nd division team though on 2 month loan to get him some practise as I cant see him getting in anytime soon

I'd like to see a fit Jacko running off Homer too. He was brilliant with the Doc last year and this could work.

It wouldnt suprise me though if jacko went to a 2nd division team though on 2 month loan to get him some practise as I cant see him getting in anytime soon

It think it would need both Savo and Sammy to get injured or have major drops in form for Jackson to get a chance. To be honest, if he's fit, a loan deal with another club is probably the best option for him right now - he must be lacking match practice and confidence - looks half the player he was last season when he's played.

Aye the 2 glaring negatives for our season so far has been the progress of Jacko and the stagnation of Peaso. Its a shame really because St Johnstone have a fantastic depth in the striking department but thats a good recipe to go sour. Milne can obviously run for the whole 90 minutes of a game, so barring injury (quite possible before the season is over) or suspension (highly unlikley for Milne) he's our first choice striker week in week out.

Holmes adds a great element to our team with his strength and height but he tires quickly. I'm not a huge fan of this Savo+Holmer for 70 minutes then giving Samuels a run out for the last 20. He allegedly has pace to burn but never looks like he is really trying and while he looks skilled at holding the ball up I never really feel confident he's going to beat defenders.

Don't get me wrong, I like Peaso but he's just not been on form anytime I've seen him this year. He's always willing to have a run at defenders but he never really manages to look dangerous. Jackson I don't really know much about. He was obviously netting the goals last year and I recall him saying something along the lines of he was aiming for 20 goals this current season and was expecting a monetary reward from McInnes if he's managed it.

Well thats a third of the season so far and hes not even on the scoresheet. I don't want to call time on the lad too soon but it looks like his wonder season last year may have been a one off. I dunno but I'd definetly be looking to get him out on loan for at least a couple of months or until we have some bad luck with injuries.

I'm not sure how Jackson can score goals when he's not in the match day squad. He wasn't so bad earlier in the year that justifies complete exclusion. I know he's been injured but I think his situation runs a lot deeper than any of us really know. I think he showed last year enough potential and ability to suggest that his form wasn't a fluke or a one off. I hope to see him back but wouldn't be against the idea of sending him on loan.

Both Peaso and Jacko need a run of 4 or 5 games before anyone can judge them. Barring injury, it's just not going to happen. Both are infinitely more talented players than Savo, Samuel and Holmes.

I'm not saying anything about the effectiveness of Savo and Holmes but I think Jacko and Peaso are better players. Savo's goalscoring has been excellent this season and Holmes link play merits his inclusion in the team.

It's a nice problem to have.

Both Peaso and Jacko need a run of 4 or 5 games before anyone can judge them. Barring injury, it's just not going to happen. Both are infinitely more talented players than Savo, Samuel and Holmes.

It's a nice problem to have.

How can you say Jacko is infinately more talented than the likes of Savo when he's only had one season? I agree with you about people writing them off when they've not even played. We've got a very good partnership at the moment and they just can't break into it, doesn't mean they're suddenly rubbish.